+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 114 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,470 to 1,482 of 1934
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Quote Originally Posted by doncheks View Post
    Here's summary for last years award.This years figure will differ based on crude production.If it so happens,we will be expecting Akwa Ibom to have the highest number of scholars.

STATE
    MSC.
    PHD
    TOTAL
    Rivers 29 11 40
    Bayelsa 22 8 30
    Akwa Ibom 18 7 25
    Delta 16 7 23
    Abia 15 5 20
    Imo 11 3 14
    Edo 11 3 14
    Cross River 12 2 14
    Ondo 6 3 9

Boss I doubt anyone will really take in to consideration the 76 controversial oil wells just given to Akwa Ibom state since it is still contested in court by Cross river. This is just my thinking though...........

you guys are so wonderful. I am new to dx forum. Some candidates hv godfada bt our baba God wil c us thru. Plz any one frm imo bin called so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank0010 View Post
    you guys are so wonderful. I am new to dx forum. Some candidates hv godfada bt our baba God wil c us thru. Plz any one frm imo bin called so far?
    Not heard of any yet though.

Has any Abian been called yet?

@wiseguy, if the scholarship is awarded based on crude oil production of a state, then Nddc should have stated it from the onset instead of leading youths of along only to dash their hopes. Anyways, it is well

I may not be able to get to PH but am down with the proposed protest. I'll also suggest that if anyone has a link to any of the national dailies who have an established online presence, we could give them this report about Nddc for them to fly on their sites to create publicity. We must not sleep on this

@wiseguy, if the scholarship is awarded based on crude oil production of a state, then Nddc should have stated it from the onset instead of leading youths of along only to dash their hopes. Anyways, it is well

Quote Originally Posted by danieleluwah View Post
    @Dan, i could feel you, but you have to understand that the scholarship scheme is a kind of Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) to help the Niger Deltans who are negatively impacted in the process of drilling crude oil. I have tranversed all through Niger Deltan state, i am from Edo, i have worked in PH, married from Akwa Ibom and presently i am in Delta State; i could see how a lot of people from oil producing area have suffered deprivation, hunger,ill health etc as a result drilling crude oil in their communities but suffix me to say that this could not be said about Edo where we do not have much oil and we could farm, fished and we don't suffer ill health as a result of the said impact. Base on this little analysis, it will be very unfair for government to sponsor more people in less impacted communities at the expense of the others who are greatly impacted. Our major occupation in Nigeria is farming, these communities do not have farm land where they coulld farm and send their folks to school. Please read NDDC mission and vision statement, that may help you to understand why they give more opportunities to people from Rivers state, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta etc than others. Well, this is my opinion and i stand to be corrected; meanwhile i am not a prospective scholar but just like what is happening here and it's very educative to say the least.

I think to act like donchucks and phoneline said is now....we can also make some moves to get to the MD.

Quote Originally Posted by ideelove View Post
    @Dan, i could feel you, but you have to understand that the scholarship scheme is a kind of Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) to help the Niger Deltans who are negatively impacted in the process of drilling crude oil. I have tranversed all through Niger Deltan state, i am from Edo, i have worked in PH, married from Akwa Ibom and presently i am in Delta State; i could see how a lot of people from oil producing area have suffered deprivation, hunger,ill health etc as a result drilling crude oil in their communities but suffix me to say that this could not be said about Edo where we do not have much oil and we could farm, fished and we don't suffer ill health as a result of the said impact. Base on this little analysis, it will be very unfair for government to sponsor more people in less impacted communities at the expense of the others who are greatly impacted. Our major occupation in Nigeria is farming, these communities do not have farm land where they coulld farm and send their folks to school. Please read NDDC mission and vision statement, that may help you to understand why they give more opportunities to people from Rivers state, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta etc than others. Well, this is my opinion and i stand to be corrected; meanwhile i am not a prospective scholar but just like what is happening here and it's very educative to say the least.
    @Ideelove, it not exactly as you thick. Edo is the 5th largest contributor of oil resources to Niger Delta. Edo comes before Abia, imo and ondo. Are you telling me those state should go with 5 award each or less.

No one is disputing the fact more slots to be given to rivers and other large contributors. But an interview that was widely circulated and given large media cover, no one expected that they would do less than what they did last year. How could one one slot be reserve for PhD? do u know hom many phd came? That is an insult.

If they don't have the money, they ought not to invite 1128 peoplr for interview who to make fool of them. Most PhDs I saw travelled down from uk and USA. This is never CSR. It is a ministry. There was budget allocatted to it. Don't allow them to use ur head. The president thinks, the ministry is meeting the satisfaction of Niger Deltans whereas the reverse is the case.

BTW, I know ur wife. She wore gown to the interview. she came for hers on the 18th. She told us that the interview was good for her. She was so full of praise for you. How are your 3 kids? You got a good beautiful woman. Do take care of her.
    jayney likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phoneline View Post
    @Ideelove, it not exactly as you thick. Edo is the 5th largest contributor of oil resources to Niger Delta. Edo comes before Abia, imo and ondo. Are you telling me those state should go with 5 award each or less.

No one is disputing the fact more slots to be given to rivers and other large contributors. But an interview that was widely circulated and given large media cover, no one expected that they would do less than what they did last year. How could one one slot be reserve for PhD? do u know hom many phd came? That is an insult.

If they don't have the money, they ought not to invite 1128 peoplr for interview who to make fool of them. Most PhDs I saw travelled down from uk and USA. This is never CSR. It is a ministry. There was budget allocatted to it. Don't allow them to use ur head. The president thinks, the ministry is meeting the satisfaction of Niger Deltans whereas the reverse is the case.

BTW, I know ur wife. She wore gown to the interview. she came for hers on the 18th. She told us that the interview was good for her. She was so full of praise for you. How are your 3 kids? You got a good beautiful woman. Do take care of her.
    @Phoneline, i understand you.......if other states like Abia, Imo and Ondo are having more slots allocations than Edo state then our representatives need to be questioned including the immediate past NDDC interim MD whom hail from Edo. My children are very fine, also my wife. Thanks

Pple can use their social networks to write to journalist, n news agency to look into the issue, that candidates ® suspecting foulplay. I think that will be a way to push things forward

You guys are awesome. Its so interesting having to know the outcome of the much anticipated interview result from a forum like this. It amazes me how the board had ample time to screen about 6000 forms to select 3100 or so for a test, inviting about 1000+ peeps for an interview. These are numbers in their Thousands!!!. But WHY? Just 200 names or may be less has become a huge task to fufill by the same board.
    HAS ANY ABIAN BEING CALLED/ TEXTED/ OR CALLED TO UMUAHIA (lol) to come collect his/her award letter?

+ Reply