Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Topic: My nnpc imterview

Re: My nnpc imterview

Shampoo, pls calm your nerves. We are attacking Karot because he thinks he cannot help others to prepare more for their upcoming interview just because he thinks he'd become disadvantaged. This is not academics for heaven's sake. It's a job. Interviewers know what to look out for in interviewees. How can he come up and say people should not help themselves on how to improve on their chances just because he is insecure. The most annoying thing is; he actually read all the interview tips and even jotted out points for his own interview. THIEF.
    for example, some people are very intelligent with academics and can easily score high marks in aptitude tests, meaninig they are brilliant and will be highly trainable. but then at interviews, they could be very shy when it comes to expressing themselves and what they know. I know someone that was scared already when she heard 7 GMs are going to interview her. But after reading coments from people like ydA and Obogho, that the interviewers were friendly, she feels more confident and motivated. What you don't know is that those interviewers are highly experienced professionals, who are looking for people they can work with and also team players. Then can easily sense people like Karot of not being a good team player and not willing to share knowledge, information and what they know to enhance the overall performance of the team and in turn the profitability of the organization.
    zinwa likes this.

Shampoo, I can't help but assume that you are a GT, if you are an EH and you mean what you have said, then, I am very worried. Kindly answer these questions please:
    - Is everyone interviewed by the same panel?
    - Are there pre-listed interview questions / format used by the interviewers?
    - Is there only one way of answering an open-ended question?
    - Do interviews and aptitude tests test the same thing?

If you have answered 'no' to any of these questions, you may want to review your opinion.

Talking about "Our system is so bad and perverse that we don't see anything wrong or bad in doing something bad" as used by you in this context, I beg to disagree with you. I worked for a multi-national company in Nigeria, and I currently do in the UK, nobody discouraged sharing of experience in both cases while the interview was on. As an EH, lots more than your intelligence are looked out for and for example, when I was to be interviewed for my current job, I was assigned to a group 8 and we were given 2 hours to study a case study and make joint presentations, with two tea breaks in-between to give us the opportunity to discuss further, yet, only 2 of us were employed from the group. So, as an EH, I don't see anything wrong in whatever I have done whether in Nigeria, UK or US. No interview hint can change your personality overnight.

Cheers!!

hi, i just received text message from nnpc that my interview which was suppose to hold on friday 15th will now hold on tuesday 19th. Has anyone receive that kind of text?

Am in a big dilemma cos am suppose to report at kaduna on sat 16th for navy officer training. What should i do now?

hi, i just received text message from nnpc that my interview which was suppose to hold on friday 15th will now hold on tuesday 19th. Has anyone receive that kind of text?

Am in a big dilemma cos am suppose to report at kaduna on sat 16th for navy officer training. What should i do now?

@globerakson you are the second person saying this..@ykokuns has opened a thread for this..lets meet there...I have not received such mail..my date is still 15th in the absence of such mail!

Guyz lets take it easy with the abuses on kafox. he is only airing his own view. u cannot beg GOD for his mercies and then the next moment call som1 a b**ch.

kafox. while i respect ur view, you should understand that almost evry1 in this forum is looking for one job or another. This means that we are all in indirect competition. hence if you really believe what you are saying then you should not even be part of this forum. i am 90% sure that it was in this same place that you got info about the job and how to apply for it. If true, it means that you used information provided by the very people you are competing against. for me the only person i compete with in life is myself.

My class produced an unprecedented number of 1st class and 2:1 students in my dept. and this was mainly because there was huge amount of positive cooperation among the serious students.
    zinwa likes this.

I need those that have been interviewed to help me out.I am an experienced hire.
    My first degree is in Chemistry but I have been a financial analyst for about 8 years.During the test I did the accounting / finance option.
    I have been called for interview.My question is will this affect me during the accreditation as my first degree is in the sciences.Do they compare your certificate with the option you did in the aptitude test?
    In addition,how do I treat my case study?Must it be in relation to chemistry or my professional experience?
    I want to know if the panel interview you based only on your CV or they have a copy of the options you did in your test.
    Guys,I will appreciate a quick response as I am scheduled for monday 18th July.

Regards

You are right.

May You all be favored,
    Though I haven't had my interview yet, mine is for 16th Aug,
    I was in the 2008 GT interview too,
    I was asked questions about the NNPC websites addy, how my course was relevant to the GT (I.t), some networking devices like SWITCHES, ROUTER etc
    and stuffs....
    With this thread , my level of confidence will be great.
    Thank U all, especial folks that and selfless and generous
    Allahu......All i want is your Favor

@twixt007, I am in the same position with you, though I have an elect 1st degree, experience in instrumentation & control which is the content of my CV as well, but during the apt test I did the IT option cus it waz a lot easier for ?? to pass. Now, I don't know exactly wat to prepare on.

Pls for those of us that have done ours, waz the interview panel arrangements based on our apt test options? i.? IT, Engr, Acct et al.

God bless us all.

@twixt007, I am in the same position with you, though I have an elect 1st degree, experience in instrumentation & control which is the content of my CV as well, but during the apt test I did the IT option cus it waz a lot easier for me to pass. Now, I don't know exactly wat to prepare on.

Pls for those of us that have done ours, waz the interview panel arrangements based on our apt test options? i.e IT, Engr, Acct et al.

God bless us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Obogho View Post
    Shampoo, I can't help but assume that you are a GT, if you are an EH and you mean what you have said, then, I am very worried. Kindly answer these questions please:
    - Is everyone interviewed by the same panel?
    - Are there pre-listed interview questions / format used by the interviewers?
    - Is there only one way of answering an open-ended question?
    - Do interviews and aptitude tests test the same thing?

If you have answered 'no' to any of these questions, you may want to review your opinion.

Talking about "Our system is so bad and perverse that we don't see anything wrong or bad in doing something bad" as used by you in this context, I beg to disagree with you. I worked for a multi-national company in Nigeria, and I currently do in the UK, nobody discouraged sharing of experience in both cases while the interview was on. As an EH, lots more than your intelligence are looked out for and for example, when I was to be interviewed for my current job, I was assigned to a group 8 and we were given 2 hours to study a case study and make joint presentations, with two tea breaks in-between to give us the opportunity to discuss further, yet, only 2 of us were employed from the group. So, as an EH, I don't see anything wrong in whatever I have done whether in Nigeria, UK or US. No interview hint can change your personality overnight.

Cheers!!
    you've just mentioned a type of interview where you would be in groups to discuss issues and you want to compare that with one on one interview? please what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. we cant pretend about it. some companies use group interview to recruit but nnpc is using one to many so please respect that. That you share your experience in uk, us, australia, canada does not change God's standard.
    iHustle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orsinolink View Post
    @twixt007, I am in the same position with you, though I have an elect 1st degree, experience in instrumentation & control which is the content of my CV as well, but during the apt test I did the IT option cus it waz a lot easier for me to pass. Now, I don't know exactly wat to prepare on.

Pls for those of us that have done ours, waz the interview panel arrangements based on our apt test options? i.e IT, Engr, Acct et al.

God bless us all.
    I applied for GT and studied Elect. Engr. I had mine on July 12 and i met some other GTs that took the IT option but were still redirected to Elect. Engr panel. i can't say the same for those that took the science,acct etc.

Since you took the IT option, definitely you would be in the Elect. Engr panel

Closed Topic
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast