+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Topic: Invitation for selection tests- TOTAL Scholarship

Re: Invitation for selection tests- TOTAL Scholarship

Quote Originally Posted by Ufuoma77
    @adesinaajani, eznira, peaceofpeace... when did dis IFP application that u all are talking abt come out and when does it normally come out... I feel so bad that if it was february, i wasnt doing anything then and i wonder how come i missed out on it....
    @adesinaajani pls i would like to inquire if u ve any valuable info that could be useful, sitting at home and travelling all over the country in the search of job is making me feel sick. I am tired of this life already.... it is too hard...... but i put my trust in God...
    @Ufuoma...... Funny enough I'm also at home, my main goal right now is to go for postgraduate study. That is why I'm not really bothered about not having a job for now.
    IFP (Institut France de Petrol) is the best petroleum institution in France. We were told by TOTAL to apply to IFP for admission which is one of the condition for the TOTAL Scholarship. U can only use the scholarship if u can secure admission in IFP or other schools in France.

@ufuoma, pls dont give up abeg, opportunities/doors dont just open anyhw so u got to be alert bt when ur time comes no one can stop it.by d way, shey u wr d guy from warri who was involved in sahara interview?
    @adesinaajani, toefl and those other tests are nt mandatory for naijas cos i learnt of total scholar guys who got admitted into ifp without those tests. then for d recommendations,if u got a strong one u can send it to them else dont bother cos it aint a requirement bt jst recommendatn. As for d info i hv, for prospective total scholars, ifp jst simply checks if d applicant is fit for ifp study as being judged by his undergrad performance, for guys with internship experience in oil company, it only shows more of their directional zeal to d pet sector. One factor y peeps in d past failed to get ifp admission is mainly due to late app, dats y i had to dhl ma docs since i was on d verge of missing d deadline.

Humm, so much info going around and I am not even aware of it. In the early part of this thread, guys said they applied for job and they got invitation for a scholarship test, I really do not understand the relationship between a job and a scholarship in this case.

Can someone please tell me when this opening normally comes out so I also apply.

Thanks

@enigmani, u need to complete a profile on total website. then around november december, they will call for test of which the successful guys wil be contacted for interviews with the total HR guys and IFP rep. the main stuff is passing the aptitude test cos on the test date, u will be competing with exceptional/intelligent guys from other top universities in naija for a slot in the scholarship program.

@adesinaajani, nah i dont hv mr. owoferia's number. Bt i dnt think there is any need to panic since no one has being contacted after d interview. By d way, i heard u got admission into imperial college uk for a phd in pet engr., y nt take dat offer, it's tight and u will be offered a graduate/research assistantship will usually covers all ur fees plus stipend.

@Eznira.....Not Imperial College but UCL, and is PhD in Chemical Engineering.
    Aren't u aware economic recession in UK. They've cancelled oversea research scholarship, Shell centenary scholarship and some other scholarships in the UK. So TOTAL is my only opportunity right now. Though I've admission into HW university but no scholarship.
    I pray things works out fine.

@eznira- no 'm not d guy involved wit Sahara, i didn't even apply cos they made having to speak a foreign lang(preferably french) a condition.
    As concerns d invitation to test by TOTAL as a result of your profile, is it d same profile we fill wen applying for Job which also double for unsolicited application. Pls clarify EZNIRA..' i get passion for Oil and gas die..' IFP Shld look in my direction..' lol

@ufuoma, yea, d unsolicited app doubles for both job & scholarship. Den for passion in oil & gas, dnt worry God will answer ur heart desires, u only need to do ur part and just bliv. Am serious abt dat, jst bliv and unexpected doors will open for u. I can testify to dis, bt u must promise to gv thanksgvn & testimony aftr he must hv done it for u.
    @adesinaajani, u r truly an intelligent guy. It's guys like u dat govt abi ptdf should b training. By d way, hw was ur ptdf result ds yr? listen to me ajani,just start now to buy stuff dat u will need from naija for ur 16-month study&internship periods in france cos u don make em, jst waiting for ur adm letter which is coming in 5wks time, considering wat i heard dat jean-pierre from ifp told u.check ur email i am sending u a message now.which sch is hw? Heriot watt? Dats a top sch, it's one of d schs which total hr dept hqtrs in france likes to recruit guys. Others r imperial, stanford, ifp, deft in holland, etc.

@Eznira.........Thank you for the encouragement. I wasn't shortlisted for ptdf oss. My application to Heriot Watt University is for M.Sc in Petroleum Engineering. Thank you for the mail u sent me. I will treat it ASAP and I will reply the mail.

@adesinaajani, nothing do u. Later

@ufuoma, u can check out this new runs: IPS in ph MSc program in conjunction with this IFP guys. In fact na IFP dey determine who gets admitted. www.ipsng.org

@eznira: As for thanksgiving, that s more of a debt i would most definitely owe my Lord and the house.... i didnt quite get u, IFP partners with IPS But from looks of things, IPS na Naija stuff and its paper application(how i hate paper application).... the form filling get too many waka about. so do i wait for a TOTAL scholarship to go thru it>>> and lest i forget, thanks for the info

@Eznira..... How was ur day man? Are u applying for the IPS-IFP programme?

+ Reply
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast