+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

Re: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

ol boy no gree o! instead wey u go come back, my broda e better say u dey baf dead body 4 there. atleast nepa no dey take light there.unemployment dey uk, but there companies r still performing small small. HERE ! my broda, companies dey fold everyday o! NO COME BACK O! NO MATA WETIN HAPPEN ! A WORD IS A ENOUGH 4 THE WISE.!!

U get luck now at least U skool 4 yanki 4 u is a matter of time you will get there hope you try BG Group?
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

thanks for the advice, but i really think u should com back

I am glad that people are now beginning to open up and share their experiences and hopefully lots of monies could be saved..lol

@slimboi,
    just like CRIS said, just be optimistic, everyone has his own destiny.
    Dont discourage people from coming down here,just be +ve.
    It's not easy anywhere, not even in Nigeria or in d US.
    Just started my own MSc in September, i'm not boasting but believing in the Almighty God that brought me out here, i know i'll not be abandoned.
    I have that strong believe that b4 i round up, @ least three lucrative jobs will be waiting for me.
    Just be +ve and agressive in job hunting and most importantly put your trust in d almighty, if u do all these i just said, we'll be hearing ur testimony soon-it's well man. Peace. 1love

Quote Originally Posted by CHAIRMAN1
    @slimboi,
    just like CRIS said, just be optimistic, everyone has his own destiny.
    Dont discourage people from coming down here,just be +ve.
    It's not easy anywhere, not even in Nigeria or in d US.
    Just started my own MSc in September, i'm not boasting but believing in the Almighty God that brought me out here, i know i'll not be abandoned.
    I have that strong believe that b4 i round up, @ least three lucrative jobs will be waiting for me.
    Just be +ve and agressive in job hunting and most importantly put your trust in d almighty, if u do all these i just said, we'll be hearing ur testimony soon-it's well man. Peace. 1love
    I think u missed the point , u know. I never discouraged any one to go over seas and do masters programmes, if not for anything, the exposure is insightful and very awe inspiring. What i wanted was to let my brothers back understand the situation over here and then make an informed decison about the studies abroad.....I Could never really discourage anyone who's got teh means to do it by any chance...just telling the true situation, that's all

coolrollziggy, i bet u! if u should come to AKS n mention that forex trade, the people here will bury u alive. People invested their hard earned money in forex trading and the agent ran way with their money on the day they were supposed to be paid. if i should have my way, i will leave naija in a jiffy. if u have an opportunity of going to UK to do menial job while u save some money to start ur MSC OR MBA, tell me , won't u leave this dead country?

I have read all the tread that has been posted here.

To be very truthful with you all, the educational system in naija can NEVER be compared to what you will have in uk. Uk education is highly placed, more practicals and less theories, lecturers are mostly consultants with 20 and more years of working experience.

Yes, they prefer their oyibo people to blacks, what about ethnicity affecting the nigerian employment scheme. People wan employ their brother and their sister for company before dem consider another person, so wat is the difference?
    If oyibo skull for naija, wen dem wan employ, who dem go take first? Its the same thing everywhere.

I know people that have gotten jobs with very good companies in the uk, earning very fat allowances. I even know a guy that had more than 2 job offers and scholarship to continue with his phd, he did not even know the one to choose.

God's favour+hardwork is the key. If you have the desire to study abroad, u can go. If u dont have the interest you can forget about it. Whether in naija or uk, na God dey give job. Graduates dey waka for naija street, dey sell for market, dey push wheel barrow, dey hawk for street, dey drive bus, no be only for uk.

So everyone, make ur own choice and dont discourage anyone that has interest. Because one person did not have a job does not mean another person will not have.

Please! please!! please!!! let people with the experience of living and studying in the Uk notes. Slimboi is not discouraging anyone from going to do MSC.

What he is sayings is that it is not as we think it is. Yes before i went for an MSC in the UK i was like men once i et my Msc i will be hot cake the jobs en! mind u i have studied in Dublin prior to that.

One thing is that Nigerians lie alot in terms of what they do in the UK. They tell their friends back home that omo i have this job pay is fat obviously it will be when u multiply it by 250 naira. But he doesnt tell u that the British govt collects almost half of that as tax. That if u get the job. 95% of the time we dont. U see God is good to us all but he wont give us wat is not possible.

Getting a job in Uk for the oyibos sometimes is based on who u know as a prof of mine told me that for his daughter to get on the management traniee program for a well known company he had to use his links to the Chairman who he taught in my same university along while ago.

In naija same thing u need to know someone it happen everywhere. As i said b4 its better they dont give u the job not becos u are not good but cos u are from naija before considering the fact that u are black. I ve been there. At least in naija we'd say the person get leg.

I am back in Naija now working andund enjoying life and i am free. U wont understand thats why i started this with "let naija with the uk experience say reply dis thread" people who started their msc in sept dis year do not count as una just reach there so u never know wats up.

I had to do 30 interviewa all with same answer....sorry!!!! i know say i good.

Quote Originally Posted by linxman
    Please! please!! please!!! let people with the experience of living and studying in the Uk THIS IS A SPAM notes. Slimboi is not discouraging anyone from going to do MSC.

What he is sayings is that it is not as we think it is. Yes before i went for an MSC in the UK i was like men once i et my Msc i will be hot cake the jobs en! mind u i have studied in Dublin prior to that.

One thing is that Nigerians lie alot in terms of what they do in the UK. They tell their friends back home that omo i have this job pay is fat obviously it will be when u multiply it by 250 naira. But he doesnt tell u that the British govt collects almost half of that as tax. That if u get the job. 95% of the time we dont. U see God is good to us all but he wont give us wat is not possible.

Getting a job in Uk for the oyibos sometimes is based on who u know as a prof of mine told me that for his daughter to get on the management traniee program for a well known company he had to use his links to the Chairman who he taught in my same university along while ago.

In naija same thing u need to know someone it happen everywhere. As i said b4 its better they dont give u the job not becos u are not good but cos u are from naija before considering the fact that u are black. I ve been there. At least in naija we'd say the person get leg.

I am back in Naija now working andund enjoying life and i am free. U wont understand thats why i started this with "let naija with the uk experience say reply dis thread" people who started their msc in sept dis year do not count as una just reach there so u never know wats up.

I had to do 30 interviewa all with same answer....sorry!!!! i know say i good.
    I really appreciate the fact that you tried to buttress the fact that i was trying to make all along in this thread. but the thing is that most people hardly read thru any thing these days before casting aspersions here and there and like u rightly said most folks here lie a lot ....it's very imperative that people back home understand the way things works here so that they would be thoroughly informed ahead pf such big decisions as to come and study for Msc degree in the UK and i re-iterate once again, i am not and will not in any way , discourage any one with the means to go abroad for masters programme.

@Slimboi

Of course you're not discouraging anyone, at least i speak for me. The fact remains that a good financial grounding can buy u comfortably an opportunity(s) to see the world. I always love referring to things that concern us from Maslows point of view.(Mazlows Theory)

Guy, na person wey chop first go fit seek self actualisation. No matter how learned you are, what we hope to do with the knowledge is to better ourselves and our world too. But it starts from us.

Quote Originally Posted by kayJava
    @Slimboi

Of course you're not discouraging anyone, at least i speak for me. The fact remains that a good financial grounding can buy u comfortably an opportunity(s) to see the world. I always love referring to things that concern us from Maslows point of view.(Mazlows Theory)

Guy, na person wey chop first go fit seek self actualisation. No matter how learned you are, what we hope to do with the knowledge is to better ourselves and our world too. But it starts from us.
    Am sorry Kay but i seem to have missed the point you are trying to make.....Could you please try to explain to me please...

I think it is Good if ur parent/ family member has a company in Nigeria and they are willing to make use of ur experience in devpt and in return u earn ur daily living with the hope of establishing on ur own later in life. otherwise stay back and do the menial jobs for now to gather enough cash to start up. getting a job in Nigeria is not that easy or whom do u know?
    odo

+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast