+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

Re: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

My candid advise is for us all to seek the face of God and he will direct our parts. Its very good to have all this degree's, but the fact remains that they cant be compared to the mercy and favour of God.

Lets put him first asnd evry other thing would come after.

It is well with us all!!!

NAIJA HOTJOBBERS, MAY GOD HELP US.
    Never Give Up In Pursuing Your Dreams...

Everything boils down to God's favour, its not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth.

My people, It can never bebsaid that investment in human capital is a waste, neither is a degree in UK a waste if u have the resources. If u studied in UK and u have not gotten a job never regret please, who knows what God has for you? sure is good, peoples destinies are not the same, but definitely you will make it, u just invested in ur own self why regrets? may be it is not ur time now, but God has something for u belive and pray. Moreso, we all know there is a global economic problem, so things will soon change, pls never have a re-think on what u did for ur self which is absolutely good. For those planning to get a UK degree, try ur best if u have the resources it's worth it I bet u. Remember destinies are not the same.
    God Dey! Cheers!!!

My people, It can never bebsaid that investment in human capital is a waste, neither is a degree in UK a waste if u have the resources. If u studied in UK and u have not gotten a job never regret please, who knows what God has for you? sure is good, peoples destinies are not the same, but definitely you will make it, u just invested in ur own self why regrets? may be it is not ur time now, but God has something for u belive and pray. Moreso, we all know there is a global economic problem, so things will soon change, pls never have a re-think on what u did for ur self which is absolutely good. For those planning to get a UK degree, try ur best if u have the resources it's worth it I bet u. Remember destinies are not the same.
    God Dey! Cheers!!!

Hello All;

You know i was seriously pondering on leaving for canada next year for my masters. im a software developer and I currently have a good job with excellent propsects, although there seem to be some considerable doubts about job security. Anyways, afetr readin through i think i'll invest my saved up money in one of my numerous business options.(Business for me is familiar terrain).
    I'll definitely leave for my masters but i think being financially grounded has a higher priority for now. I pray the best for everyone as our paths differ.
    It requires Gods' wisdom to do just that.

One more thing, if u find yourself struggling to get something done, stop in your tracks and try to listen. God is probably saying something else.

the thing is i think that a lil home work should also be done.....one should know where his or her studied course would sell.....for MBA, marketin and financials, i think that nija is a gud place to pitch ur tent and for IT, UK is better but like we have been saying studing abroad is not all it....na God de give work, both in naija and in the UK or anywhere abroad.u can see that even one who studied and went back home didnt get a job.like i said i was receivn a lil salary and i saw a few Cv dropped at my office with pple with foreign certificates but i looked at the office and looked at my colleagues who had worked for 5-6yrs earning less dan 200k and i dint think that was what i wanted...for now i am still studing and dont know my direction after school but i know God has a plan for me.See pple just pray and believe and it would work out well.....lives are chanegd in seconds.just dont lament bout schoolin in the UK and still havnt seen a job.....yr job would come....delay not be denial ooooo............1 luv

Quote Originally Posted by cross11
    the thing is i think that a lil home work should also be done.....one should know where his or her studied course would sell.....for MBA, marketin and financials, i think that nija is a gud place to pitch ur tent and for IT, UK is better but like we have been saying studing abroad is not all it....na God de give work, both in naija and in the UK or anywhere abroad.u can see that even one who studied and went back home didnt get a job.like i said i was receivn a lil salary and i saw a few Cv dropped at my office with pple with foreign certificates but i looked at the office and looked at my colleagues who had worked for 5-6yrs earning less dan 200k and i dint think that was what i wanted...for now i am still studing and dont know my direction after school but i know God has a plan for me.See pple just pray and believe and it would work out well.....lives are chanegd in seconds.just dont lament bout schoolin in the UK and still havnt seen a job.....yr job would come....delay not be denial ooooo............1 luv
    Am positive about this and am sure the path u will tread will be revealed to you just as soon.....

After all u gs have said,what i have to say say is that it is only God that determines the height we go in life and that depends on our level of FAITH and the knowledge of His WORDS He has spoken concerning the present situation we find ourselves.Matt 11-24-Jesus said ''whatever we so desire,whenever we pray, BELIEVE..........,that was the only condition.There r a lot of things that has being spoken,remember,we are nothing but pencils in the hands of the CREATOR.So let's all submit our cvs in the spiritual-with faith,saying what has spoken concerning our needs(Phil 4-19),of cos that same God that said ''LET THERE BE LIGHT'' has also said he'll supply all our needs according to his RICHES IN GLORY. IT IS WELL,abroad or not.
    AMBI4

forget different destiny. Nigerians have short memory and do not tell the truth. I schooled in Ireland, did my Masters in the UK. I love this thread cos we are now beginning to say the truth.

PLEASE my brothers and sisters if u get money go do masters please no leave your job for naija, take study leave or invest ur money u go see ur ROI fast fast.These universities in so called countries eg UK just take ur cash and to be frank add nothing to u.

Yes naija hard but e better. E better say person no give u job cos u no get leg than dem no give u job cos u no b oyibo. cos d oyibo no know pass u. Before i got my last job in the UK i had done about 30 interviews,[dont get it wrong dem go call u oh but dem no go give u].i got this job based on say i know person[oyibo].

Lets not get this thing mixed up UK citizens if dem wan work go see work ,work well. but them no wan work.so forget say them loose their job e no de hard for them like that. There are Nigerians in the UK with 2 or 3 maters plus a PHD na to wash plate, drive bus, clean street, mopping i mean for how long will you do that. We say they pay better, yes they do but u don hear about TAX!!!! .u earn 500 pounds UKgovt collect 200pounds as tax u pay house, u pay transport,u pay light, u pay water, u pay council tax all this wetin u get left at the end of the day no i beg oh, cos dem no go cut am instead na to add 1000pounds fine take u to court.

PLEASE LETS BE FRANK....me i don come naija in this ecomnomic crisis i don change jobs. If u no go sweet d street of Lagos i beg no go sweep d street for another man land!thats y naija is not moving forward cos our best brains are there doing menial jobs and affraid to come home then sell our pride.

For my brother wer de RGU i beg come house e better!! initiall it wont be easy but at least u will start from some where if not SHEEL, CHEV, TOTAL but u will get there.

I have been following this thread since begining. I must say it is interesting and eye opening.
    My own contribution is this:
    Studies abroad or in naija does not guaranty an employement, your skills or what you can do gives you more opportunity.
    Example: In the Oil and Gas industry, an Engineering/ Science Graduate with the following skills (pipeline welding, pipeline fitting, NDT, knowledge of relevant engineering softwares, Eect) will have more opportunities than his counterpart with the whole degrees without such skills. I have a Masters degree and the job I am doing is not because of that but because of the computer skills I have.
    Make no mistake…. Every good thing including good job comes from God. Pray fervently with Faith and He will surprise you.

hello guys, afta readin all ur comments, i had to rethink about doing my masters in the UK. well i was actually thinking of doing M.Sc in uk but i changed my mind since i read computer science, i just think i need some professional IT courses to back my certificate and also it would help me alot since i hav gotten the skill i will need to either work or be a freelancer or even run my own company(i.e a training institute) but i definately need the exposure. i am currently doing a professional course here in naija but i know i am not getting the best of the training cos as much as they are training me i still fill as if i am just being trained to go and get certified. i dont need the certification as far as i am concerned i just need to really develop my skill in this professional courses which i think naija cant offer me.

Right now i am ready to go to India just to get the exposure and feel like a real IT Wiz. b4 i was going crazy when i couldnt get a job but now i dont think i need the job i just want the right skill to feel confident in myself so that i can do anything concerning the particular course i did. most courses i go for here in naija i always know dat sumthing is missing, i always feel there is this big gap. in naija it is either we werent taught well or we r just being taught 2 get certified.

we need to get out of our comfort zone to know what we r made of. i really believe going abroad to further my studies will make me the man am suppose to b in the sense of exposure, enlightment,mind u i just have to change my mindset to change my life. seeing a system that really works will affect my thinking, it would make me think outside the box. imagine there is now even a word called naija factor.
    we r the most religious nation in world yet we do the worst things. people go for all the fellowship, church meeting, experience,experience even re-experience but nothing good comes out it is as if when we r going to church/mosque we just remove all the bad deeds that we have in us and drop it in the entrance of place of worship, enta shout and praise God then when we comot we pick up the bad deeds and continue our normal life. what is wrong with nigerian peoples thinking. is it a crime to be a nigerian. everywhere we go in the world u c nigerians but we r neva associated with good things it is always bad, even our fellow african countries are scared of nigerian people cos they know we are up to no good. we are always trying to cheat the system. we have no integrity and value in us.
    i could go on and on, saving only myself from nigeria makes nigeria a better place
    the noblest employment of the mind of man is the study of the works of his creator.

@ dthcaller.Are u into NDT and or fabrication,we could talk. U have a point.........But it actually starts from God and ends with a miracle no matter what u hold. Vocational skills can no longer be undermined with rising competition here and there. Prospective employees are expected to arm themselves with skills they think the prospective employer will need.
    Graduates should also understand that CAMA company and allied matters act and procedures for establishing a company is not for accountants and business managers alone......make use of such books and prepare urself on how to go about establishing a firm .....maybe an automobile shop,welding and fab shop ect if the job delays after haven acquired such skills.
    Vocational institutes should also endeavor to impact skills geared towards establishing prospective candidates not just theories we already had from school.
    There is still so much ground to cover in the business sector and Nigeria is big enough for everyone.
    Haven said that we can not undermine the fact that there is no substitute to quality education,I had my risk resigning from my job for a while and traveling abroad fro study.............but vocational anyway.
    Pay less attention to my spellings ,i guess this is a forum and right now i have so much on my table

+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast