+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

I have decided to start this thread because each time i read the dailies or watch the news, am greatly saddened by the number of Nigerians that are seriously planning to leave the country in search of the proverbial golden fleece in the UK.Worst of all is the rate at which Nigerian students throng the UK these days, it is quite alarming indeed considering the prohibitively expensive nature of these programmes cost.The credit crunch adversely hit the UK economy so much so that over 2milion jobs has been lost country wide since september last year.The fate of the students over here thus appear very bleak as the UK citizens are considered well ahead of them all regardless of academic and/or professional qualifications, it is indeed so sad.

I just graduated from the Robert Gordon university with an outstanding result but the shock i get each time i apply for jobs here makes me wonder if paying £13,800 for the masters course was well worth it. No good thing comes easy, u must say, i will keep trying and hopefully something clicks soon enough....other wise am coming straight back home

I am saying cos i feel sad when i see people resign from their jobs in Nigeria and come here for masters thinking that it's the surest guarantee to a better employment , NA LIE O !!!!!!,please be wise and make such decisions cautiously...i will happy to see respondents to this thread..

Re: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

Tell them if they will hear let them hear,a coursemet of my paid close to 25,000 euro for his master in Netherland, i was telling him online that guy your mad and he's even regreting it now.

Dont spend that type of money on all these Uk and so called University abroad,prefferable channel this money into business if you dont have a good job and go for your MSc. or preferrably MBA in Nigeria University.

Is not that going for master abroad is not lucrative but things has change now!

I will use myself as a case study,i graduated from Nigeria University and did not fancy going abroad for my master for now because of the world economy situation,although i may go later but want to be grounded financially first.

I started business immediately, TRADING FOREX,SELLING AND MAINTENANCE OF LAPTOPS.

although i just created it,i will be updating and be posting my daily earning from Forex trading,its really paying me,i dont know of others.

So be wise,dont waste that type of money!

Quote Originally Posted by coolrollziggy
    Tell them if they will hear let them hear,a coursemet of my paid close to 25,000 euro for his master in Netherland, i was telling him online that guy your mad and he's even regreting it now.

Dont spend that type of money on all these Uk and so called University abroad,prefferable channel this money into business if you dont have a good job and go for your MSc. or preferrably MBA in Nigeria University.

Is not that going for master abroad is not lucrative but things has change now!

I will use myself as a case study,i graduated from Nigeria University and did not fancy going abroad for my master for now because of the world economy situation,although i may go later but want to be grounded financially first.

I started business immediately, TRADING FOREX,SELLING AND MAINTENANCE OF LAPTOPS.

Check my blog oilandgas-wealthcreator...com although i just created it,i will be updating and be posting my daily earning from Forex trading,its really paying me,i dont know of others.

So be wise,dont waste that type of money!
    Exactly my brother, most people think that with the Masters that they are guaranteed jobs, that doesnt seem to be happening these days at all
    I am pleased to learn that u are doing well and earning decent living, afterall that is what being a graduate is about , not looking up to someone other person for jobs that are not forthcoming but rather identifying a need and exploiting it as a successful way way of earning a decent living , am proud of u , hope others wil take a cue from this...................

I think considering the times, you should really come home and try to find a job. RGU's a very reputable university and depending on the course you studied you should get a good job here. Have u tried applying from there for jobs at home? Why are you lamenting when you're about carrying out ' brain drain'? Which country will collect ur taxes if you get a job there? Please my brother, believe it or not, you are at an advantage, come home and use it. Wish u all the best. 1 love!
    Don't sell yourself short. Let others tell you you're not as good as you think. Then, go on ahead and prove their a**es wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Donkane
    I think considering the times, you should really come home and try to find a job. RGU's a very reputable university and depending on the course you studied you should get a good job here. Have u tried applying from there for jobs at home? Why are you lamenting when you're about carrying out ' brain drain'? Which country will collect ur taxes if you get a job there? Please my brother, believe it or not, you are at an advantage, come home and use it. Wish u all the best. 1 love!
    Like i said, i will , only a matter of time before i do indeed. I have a target set out already and time scale that i am realistically looking at......its all about thinking and planning ahead u seee.Your concerns are much welcome too.Cheers

Hello ya'all.....It really has to o with what you want from life....I was orking before comingto th UK for my masters but how much was i receiving ad what were the prospects where i was workingnot evrybody you see coming or leaving for their masters think they would get a fantastic jobs here in the UK cs i have alot of nigeria friends and quite an amount of them want to return.I worked in naija and emme even ask you is it also easy geting a job in nigeria, where is it easy getting a job??well alot of you a disapointed cos u tot a UK certificate is the gateway to success bu bruvs, just as a 1st class doesnt min u wouldbe a rich man, a UK certificate doesnt min dat alsoI wouldnt advce anyon to lav a vry good job but instead get a study leave...but if yur job isnt gud and u have a means of doing amasters, do it but dont tink th uk is a sure way o u being a successful man..finally na God get power pass...i hae two friendswho just graduated here in the UK this yr and in less dan 3months they got very good jobs here in the UK.sooooooooo evryman has his or her own destiny.
    Ifyou want a foreign degree go get it but dont think it must make u get a job cos even for naija, with yur foeign certificate, na same level u go still enta with ou naija pple....i cae here to chage envirnment and style of study and i would never regret it.No money spent on education is a waste.....laterz

@Cross11.. U've rightly said it all.. Afterall, UK doesnt hav 2 favour everyone.. I believe God's time is d best 4 us all..

Having read your topic, I'm beginning 2 have a doubt about traveling abroad,i just graduated 4rm a Nigerian university,and thinking of going up to the u.s 4 my masters,cos i believe that there are more opportunities in the u.s than the u.k,although the former is more expensive about 50,000USD but i believe thats the idea,u pay more cos there are more opportunities...correct me if am wrong but i think its worth a shot.

Having read your topic, I'm beginning 2 have a doubt about traveling abroad,i just graduated 4rm a Nigerian university,and thinking of going up to the u.s 4 my masters,cos i believe that there are more opportunities in the u.s than the u.k,although the former is more expensive about 50,000USD but i believe thats the idea,u pay more cos there are more opportunities...correct me if am wrong but i think its worth a shot.

I recently graduated too from the UK. I am back in 9ja now.. i don't have a job yet.. Most def i know i would get one.. its just a matter of time and divine favour from God.

I absolutely have no regrets about the money spent, yeah, its cost alot but the experience is priceless. To me its more of a journey on enlightenment of the mind and soul. you go through experiences that money cannot buy, it fine tunes your personality. there are loads of other benefits that i could list. International networking, easier travel possibilities. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ademajeed
    Bruv, from what i have seen, schooling in yankee is better than the UK, the quality of the education is better, u get a more practical experience and there is alot of recruiting done on campus in the universities, u have a greater chance of securing a job right from the classrooms than the Uk. Only the top Uk schools can compare to this. so mu advise for u is to go for it if you can afford it.

Bless

p.s: don't get me wrong, 9ja is great no place like home its the only place you will truly feel accepted.

Live life @full Crush!

datz nice of y'all. honestly am learning alot 4rm dis forum. kip it up.

My Naija people
    I am glad we are discussing this issue. Cross11 has hit the nail on the head. We all have different destinies. The world never promised to be easy. For some, over seas certificate earned them plumb jobs,some others never got no nothing. I only caution those who already have good jobs and leave it to come here to regret at last. It might work out for you . Fine!!!!!. But if you have a good job at home please stay back.
    My self, I am studying @ the Royal institute of Technology Stockholm, Sweden.Though education in Europe and America is worth experiencing but there should be a calculated risk lest you get ur self into a big mess. I know more than 7 UK graduates today without jobs and more than 10 that have gone home. Also I know so many guys with over seas certificate that are working with various companies at an enviable salary , exposure and treatment. Know what you want for yourself and Always take a calculated risk. Above all, Home Sweet Home is 2nd to nothn. Think smart

@poster
    i tink you are comparing light and darkness.Do your home work well bro..

+ Reply
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast