+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Topic: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Re: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Pls house, I also got invitation for facility engineer skill test. Kindly help me with Instrumentation and control materials. 4 those who have written any of their skill test lately, kindly advise from ur experience and what to expect. My mail addy: [email protected]. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 9jah View Post
    I think they were just doing "eye service" when they included foreign based candidates in the first place. I don't think they are really ready to cater to anyone outside naija. Why else would they request for you to do it in Lagos when they know you took the aptitude test abroad. They may have responded to the pet guys due to a higher number of participants. Maybe its just you and a handful taking it in the UK. It really shouldn't be hard for them to have it scheduled at their office in london for you but such is the incompetence you have to deal with.
    i disagree wit you, i sent a mail to d bibian guy to reschedule d test but he responded dt dey cant reschedule as "the test will hold on same day in lagos, UK and USA to protect d integrity of the test".

How did u get a response about the Uk venue, I contacted them with no replies. where is the venue in Uk?

thank you dynamo1 and goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by 6footplus View Post
    Re: Chevron facilities engineer (mechanical) skill test

please has no one been invited for the mechanical/facilities engineer skills test yet? where all the mech boys dey now?!
    Hi 6footplus, I was invited for the FE(Mech) skill test too. Wrote my dragnet test in Abj. My skill test is 30/8/12 by 03.00pm.
    Cheers!

Please guys,has anyone written the skills test for electrical?

Quote Originally Posted by abdul137 View Post
    i disagree wit you, i sent a mail to d bibian guy to reschedule d test but he responded dt dey cant reschedule as "the test will hold on same day in lagos, UK and USA to protect d integrity of the test".
    There is a difference between between rescheduling and "change of venue"
    Also, do you know of anyone writing the skills test in the USA?
    I have not heard of anyone going over to "1600 louisiana avenue" to write any skills test yet. So far, it's just the uk guys that wrote for petroleum. I think if they really wanted to cater they would have given these guys the centers the exact same way they did for the aptitude test.

Quote Originally Posted by 2black View Post
    Please guys,has anyone written the skills test for electrical?
    FE Elect will be written on the 30th by all who were invited. No separate dates

Pls, have you gotten a material for the skill test? cos i got a mail too from them and have not been able to get one............. thanks and kindly forward it if you have one to [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 9jah View Post
    There is a difference between between rescheduling and "change of venue"
    Also, do you know of anyone writing the skills test in the USA?
    I have not heard of anyone going over to "1600 louisiana avenue" to write any skills test yet. So far, it's just the uk guys that wrote for petroleum. I think if they really wanted to cater they would have given these guys the centers the exact same way they did for the aptitude test.
    I am inclined to go with 9jah, because if they actually catered for the guys outside they would have also given them a refund on TP...which never happened, not to spoil the fun for those writing this week, its just so u know how to schedule ur trips as there was no refund for the UK centre

Please @ Triple-C and others, do you guys know of any civil/structural facility engineer that was called for skill test. Am just curious. Please, I do appreciate individual response, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    @ ALL, the test was "okay"

Earth Scientist had 3 hours to do their test, MCQ, a little of GeoPhysics, so much of MAP READING...a good understanding of 3rd year Map Reading will do you good, as reported by my friend who did the test for Earth Scientist.

Pet Engrs had
    2 hours test
    17 questions, section one had 10 to answer any 8, and section two had 7 questions to answer any 4.
    Calculators were allowed
    formula sheets were provided...but hmmm, that formula sheet is something else oh! confusing to say the least...but nevertheless helpful at some critical points.
    Questions covered Petroleum Engineering, CHem ENgrg, Mech ENgrg, and EEE.
    Reservoir Engrg, Well test, inclined planes, flow rates to fill a depth in a tank (mass balance things), decline curve, drilling (pressures), formation volume factors, solution gas, material balance, formation pressures and pressure gradients, force exerted in a tank by a column of fluid, API and specific gravities, weight in air and apparent weight in water (bouyancy things), resistors in series and parallel (power) etc.

Lots of conversions from one set of units to another...most answers were required in field units, Acres, bbls, lbs, Deg Rankine etc...please for those writing Facilities, know your Volume, Area, Length and Mass conversions wella.

best of all, do ur part...and Pray that God direct your last minute preps, go ahead of you to make every crooked way straight and empower your hands to excel.

You may not know how valuable this peice of information is but I tell you man, yo did a great job dishing out this piece. As a chemical engineer, I deem it appropriate to say that Chemical engineering is the widest beast of all engineering disciplines and no one can refute that. Separation technology alone can fill a library let alone thermodynamics or is it Bishop fluid mechanics that we ought not to pay due respect to. Anyway thanks for the info and yep, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    for change of venue, do a mail to Bibiana XXXXXXX, and copy KIMBXXX guy (D guy who sent you the invitation), let them know u are currently in the UK and will like to be scheduled there.

If you can also get a ot of your pals or those who you know are writing to also send them mails, it will swing the decision in your favour, and make it easier for CHV also.
    Please @Tripple C and all other guys who have got materials should assist a brother to prepare for process facility skill test.my email is [email protected]. Tanx

+ Reply
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast