+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Topic: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Re: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

please which one is skills test, i wrote the chelvron-dragnet exam in abuja and no result yet,please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeziepaul View Post
    please which one is skills test, i wrote the chelvron-dragnet exam in abuja and no result yet,please elaborate
    you sound new brother. Usually there are 3 stages.. Stage 1 is aptitude test (which you did in abj), when u pass that stage successfully you get to take a skills test and finally an interview.

@all pls I got a pre-employment data form mail to fill from EPCM engineers,house I wanna know,did any body got same mail from them,how α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ they? Do they pay well? Any body who has an idea about them should please respond.thank you

Hi omobolade, didnt you do 521 in school? *winks*

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    Cheveron just sent me an invite for skills test...guys check ur mails

Re: Application for Employment – Petroleum Engineer
    Dear XXXXXXXXXX:We refer to your application with Chevron Nigeria Limited for the position of Petroleum Engineer and wish to invite you for a Skills Test scheduled to hold as follows:Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 Time: 09:00 am Venue: Annex 5, 6th floor, Hotel Bellissimo, New Road Bus stop, Lekki.Please endeavour to be at the venue at least thirty (30) minutes to the commencement of the test. You are required to come along with this letter and any of the following forms of identification: International Passport, Work ID-Card, Drivers’ License and the Originals and photocopies of your CV and other credentials (Degree, NYSC, etc).Kindly acknowledge receipt of this mail and your availability to attend.
    chief how was your test??you guys should please update the house for the benefit of the facilities candidates...how many questions?time duration?organization?transport fare refunds?calculators?MCQ or theory? and any other valuable information....
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by balarabe12 View Post
    chief how was your test??you guys should please update the house for the benefit of the facilities candidates...how many questions?time duration?organization?transport fare refunds?calculators?MCQ or theory? and any other valuable information....
    Thank You
    Chevron's skills tests are always different with regards to discipline. the earth scientist test today was different from the petroleum engineering test. the former had MCQ whereas the other did not. One common answer though is that calculators were allowed. Time duration was also different. If you are in Nigeria, transport fare will be refunded ad Chevron pays one of the highest t-fares

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    Triple-C likes this.

please house anyone with materials for Process/Chemical, help a brother!

It will be good if the Petroleum Engineers and Earth Scientists based in UK that took part in the skills test to inform us of how they changed their venue from NG to UK.

All my efforts to reach the contact provided in the invitation is currently void.

Quote Originally Posted by saintneo View Post
    It will be good if the Petroleum Engineers and Earth Scientists based in UK that took part in the skills test to inform us of how they changed their venue from NG to UK.

All my efforts to reach the contact provided in the invitation is currently void.
    I think they were just doing "eye service" when they included foreign based candidates in the first place. I don't think they are really ready to cater to anyone outside naija. Why else would they request for you to do it in Lagos when they know you took the aptitude test abroad. They may have responded to the pet guys due to a higher number of participants. Maybe its just you and a handful taking it in the UK. It really shouldn't be hard for them to have it scheduled at their office in london for you but such is the incompetence you have to deal with.
    dotun99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by saintneo View Post

for change of venue, do a mail to Bibiana XXXXXXX, and copy KIMBXXX guy (D guy who sent you the invitation), let them know u are currently in the UK and will like to be scheduled there.

If you can also get a ot of your pals or those who you know are writing to also send them mails, it will swing the decision in your favour, and make it easier for CHV also.

Please those that had the Petroleum Engineering Test - is it similar to what we have in that IEC GMAT book, because the questions there are also theory questions. I am wondering if the Facilities Engineering Test will also be from the same book?

@ ALL, the test was "okay"

Earth Scientist had 3 hours to do their test, MCQ, a little of GeoPhysics, so much of MAP READING...a good understanding of 3rd year Map Reading will do you good, as reported by my friend who did the test for Earth Scientist.

Pet Engrs had
    2 hours test
    17 questions, section one had 10 to answer any 8, and section two had 7 questions to answer any 4.
    Calculators were allowed
    formula sheets were provided...but hmmm, that formula sheet is something else oh! confusing to say the least...but nevertheless helpful at some critical points.
    Questions covered Petroleum Engineering, CHem ENgrg, Mech ENgrg, and EEE.
    Reservoir Engrg, Well test, inclined planes, flow rates to fill a depth in a tank (mass balance things), decline curve, drilling (pressures), formation volume factors, solution gas, material balance, formation pressures and pressure gradients, force exerted in a tank by a column of fluid, API and specific gravities, weight in air and apparent weight in water (bouyancy things), resistors in series and parallel (power) etc.

Lots of conversions from one set of units to another...most answers were required in field units, Acres, bbls, lbs, Deg Rankine etc...please for those writing Facilities, know your Volume, Area, Length and Mass conversions wella.

best of all, do ur part...and Pray that God direct your last minute preps, go ahead of you to make every crooked way straight and empower your hands to excel.
    dynamo1, Akan A1, layenz and 2 others like this.

I want to use this medium to thank and appreciate the those who wished me good, prayed along with me, sent me PET books, sent in PMs and encouraged a brother along the way, I am very very grateful to you all for standing by a brother.

+ Reply
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast