+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Topic: 500,000 jobs vs gas revolution

Re: 500,000 jobs vs gas revolution

@Saintduck, then you simply did not understand the content of my comment..I am not naived of all the political calculation you have stated here..Right from the days of OBJ have I predicted where the bell would swing to in the country and I have never been wrong over any of my predictions...One failure on the part of Donlad Duke today was that he never envisaged he would be a president one day if he had accepted OBJ's offer to be Yaradua's VP..Do you understand that very mathematics there? He was too proud...but the humble GEJ got it right from the start..A lucky him indeed to his name.....We know fully well that Jonathan is that of the minority and that was why they choose sabo to get his vote from the north but don't forget..Sambo is not even from the majority....Have you done that research? This was the calculation OBJ did initially for saying shagari's son should be choosen to be the VP so as for GEJ to get the votes massively in the north west where buhari and shagari hails from but it was a turn around fact that got Sambo in.......I am not trying to vindicate anyone here but just telling you those few cabals in the north are just wasting the future of many Nigerians....Because they want to remain relevant...Have you forgotten what OBJ said before he left his goverment, he said that after him, no Nigerian above the youthful age would be allowed to rule the nation..Single handedly make sure that IBB and co would not smell the place..One wonders what would have happened to us in this nation if not for OBJ....OBJ as wicked as he is has got his own good days to deal with many of these bad eggs who are in sheep clothing but ready to tear us into pieces in this country.... See..I am not of the stance that election be rigged but please and please my brother..Inrespective of the emotions I have poured into this..Please understand that I have lived in the south-south for 11 years. I schooled there and I have travelled across those regions many times..I have made lots of friends down there...and all I see in their faces is dissapointment on the part of Nigeria...Please do not get me wrong...I just want the minority to have that sense of belonging....If you listen carefully to OBJ speech which he made......during the finally rally of the GEJ campaign.....I quote him " As I could see that zoning is still in the PDP constiution,we all must understand that what brought president goodluck jonathan to this office is that of natural circumstance and of nobody's fault. However, I implore all of us to vote massively for President Jonathan as he has agreed to do only one term.Though looking at the pdp consitution, I can only guess where the power is going come 2015 but I do not know who would be the president of Nigeria come 2015" That was OBJ's comment..He knows what is up down there and he who is wise should understand that language very well. I am sure the NPLF(CIROMAS) must be thinking it is coming back to the fulanis 2015...Na lie..Wait till then..It is either south-east which is most likely or the minority in the North..The adamawas, jos, or kadunas.. Bros...Nigeria is a place of a very complex situation...For the fact that we do not speak one language alone is a big problem which shouldnt have been a yardstick to choose a competent person to run the affairs of a country....but what can we do when nature has made it so....Please...get it very well..I just need peace..peace..because like you said that if the enitre north should come together and vote GEJ out...then what do I think would happen..? You know it yourself!!! It is not a question that needs to be pondered. Na war.. but I put it to you back again..Why on earth then are this 2 men from the North still challenging him....That means they just don't give a fucking stupid rubbish who the hell we are in the south.... So don't bite me..It is not my fault...
    badgirlz likes this.

adaxy007 you have a sound brain, brother. some stupid people, particularly in the southwest, are shouting for change to go back to slavery.They want to be slaves to the north for ever.They are yet to realize that Lagos is the most populous state in Nigeria.They are too blind to know it. They stupidly believe that Kano is more populous than Lagos. OBJ is the wisest southwestern leader they ever had. I trully appreciate you kind of mind.
    badgirlz likes this.

Kexo or gentle man whichever you prefer to be called by, please do not exhibit your violent tendencies in this forum, I am made to believe you posses a couple because you are obviously new to this forum and cannot wait to show your veracity for "peace". The only 2 posts from you on this forum are curse words that are insulting and extremely aggressive. You must be a good example.
    Moreover, it is well established fact that in a democratic society, everyone has a right to believe what the want to and as a matter of fact can convince others of their beliefs even if it is extremely flawed. However, this is not to say that I share the same opinion with adexzy007 but I learned 1 or 2 new lessons from his post but this is the contrary in your case. Precisely, I read new curse words but I cannot find good lesson to learn from you.
    Haven said all of this, I think there are better ways to air your views or correct any misstatements or even convey your take on a particular topic. Just like the others that contributed to this thread. You should consider taking lecture 101 from amaka nwa or Arch441 soonest. God bless us all as we try to live as one...hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by fine_boy View Post
    Buhari’s Many Faces: By Julius Ogunro

No election is complete in the United States without a comprehensive background check on the candidates. Almost everything they had said, every actions they had taken and choices made are scrutinized by the media, and the opposition. Even the clubs, and churches the candidates attend, all is up in the radar. The essence is to dig out the true character of the contestants, their ideological preferences and worldviews, and how these may colour their decisions if they get elected. Americans don’t joke with the antecedent of their politicians, especially those vying for a top position. While a candidate running for an election often say the right things and make the right noises to get elected, an investigation of his background may reveal something entirely different. He may be a closet racist or a religious bigot, or simply incompetent. It was a background check that almost torpedoed the presidential ambition of Barrack Obama in 2008. He was a member of Trinity United Church of Christ pastored by the fiery Jeremiah Wright. Wright had condemned the United States government in several sermons at the Church, blaming it for most of the world’s ills, including manufacturing the AIDS virus. The discovery endangered Obama’s presidential dream as the suspicion was that he might share his pastor’s vociferous anti-American views. Obama eventually had to denounce Wright.
    I wonder what a comprehensive background check might reveal about our Presidential candidates. But if there is one presidential candidate I don’t need any investigation into his background to know his opinion, worldview and biases, that man should be General Muhammed Buhari.
    The Buhari narrative is very well known. He became head-of-state in the early 80’s at the age of 41 after bulldozing his way into power through a coup which led to the sack of the NPN government led by Alhaji Shehu Shagari. Buhari quickly made name for himself as a no-nonsense leader who would not tolerate any dissent and indiscipline. Or so he would have us believe. This public mien as a dispassionate anti-corruption crusader was however undermined by some of the not-so secret actions he took. Firstly after the coup, several political leaders were arrested and detained. But surprisingly, while the former President Shagari was kept in a cozy apartment in Ikoyi, his deputy Alex Ekwueme was jailed at the maximum prison in Kirikiri. The question, I am sure, Buhari still finds difficult to answer almost 30 years after is: what peculiar offence did Ekwueme commit to warrant the rough treatment he got while his boss had a much better deal at Ikoyi? If the public officers were jailed because of their collective responsibility for the actions of their government, Shagari as head of that government should take most of the blame. The only exception would be that that there were peculiar and personal allegations leveled against Ekwueme, the former VP, which his boss was unaware of. Mr Buhari may want to throw more light on this. If not one is likely to believe the allegations on the street that Ekwueme was treated more harshly because he is from the Southeast unlike Shagari who is from the same Northwest zone as Buhari.
    Then during the time when old currency was being changed to new ones, Buhari announced the closure of the borders to ensure that there was no smuggling in or out of money. But even that action was dogged by allegations of bias coloured by ethnicity. Nasir El Rufai, the former FCT minister put it better in press statement he sent out earlier this year. “In 1984, Buhari allowed 53 suitcases belonging to his ADC’s father, to enter Nigeria unchecked, at a time the country was exchanging old currency for new ones,” El Rufai said. Buhari reportedly turned a blind eye to that infraction because the person involved was a leading emir from the North.
    This charge of ethnic bias has trailed Buhari throughout his public life. But as well noteworthy was his inflexibility and highhandedness. Two evidences will suffice. As head-of-state, Buhari promulgated the infamous decree four. The gist of this decree is that a journalist who reported any issue that embarrassed the military government would be sent to jail, even if the report was true. True to his threat, two journalists – Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor were jailed for reports, which though accurate were deemed to be embarrassing to the government. Another decree prescribed death sentence for drug traffickers, no matter the quantity of drugs trafficked; and to make it more draconian the law was retroactive. It ensnarled several drug peddlers months after they had committed the crime and before the law was passed. They were summarily executed in spite of the public outcry that the decree was against natural justice.
    If Nigeria were to be US or a more sane society, the media would have feasted on these breaches by Candidate Buhari. The fact that he sacked a legitimate government would be enough reason to rule him out of national or statewide contest for a political office. The Americans and, to some extent, the Europeans are very particular about the kind of people who offer themselves for an election. This scrutiny is not misplaced. It is to ensure that people with dubious background never hold serious political offices. That was why the candidacy of George McGovern, the Democratic Party Candidate of the 1972 US Presidential election lost traction. It was revealed that his Vice Presidential nominee, Thomas Eagleton, once suffered clinical depression and had visited a psychiatrist. Eagleton wasn’t mad, but needed help for emotional issues. That was enough to derail the presidential ambition of McGovern, even though he eventually replaced Eagleton after initially dithering. Americans don’t take a chance, even the slightest one, with those they entrust with leadership. Whoever becomes the US President becomes leader of the free world and is ultimately responsible for its nuclear arsenal. So they cannot afford to take such a chance.
    But why are many Nigerians willing to take a chance with Buhari? What in his antecedent give them hope that he will be a democrat, a fair and just leader to all? I have looked closely into the man’s history and optimism does not well up in me. As for fear, I have it plenty. For example, the 1990s were a tough period for our country. It was the time a lot of human rights and pro democracy activists took on the Sanni Abacha dictatorship. Many were killed, including Kudirat Abiola and Pa Alfred Rewane; while thousand of journalists and pro democracy activists were either sent to jail or forced into exile. Many statesmen, Ekwueme inclusive, took a stand and confronted Abacha at grave risk to their lives. Where was Buhari at this tumultuous period of our national life? Not a word was heard from him. Rather he was serving the dictator as chairman of PTF. None of the events of that time could sufficiently move him to stand up for democracy. Not the death of Kudirat. Not the attempted murder of Alex Ibru. Not the numerous protests by ordinary Nigerians who took to the street to call for the end of Abacha’s dictatorship. So how could he reap where he did not sow? How could we “gift” him with the presidency when, when it mattered most he did not show courage and failed to stand with the Nigerian people?
    With the return of democracy it was discovered that Buhari’s PTF was run like a northern enclave. The consultants that wound the fund down discovered over 70 percent of the projects executed were done in the north. The southeast was the worst of all the zones with barely a handful of projects executed there. So what offence did the South commit to warrant such neglect? The only reasonable explanation was that Buhari is a man whose worldview and consequently actions are shaped by his ethnicity and religion. That must be reason why he was the favourite spokesperson for Fulani interest. During the early 2000s, there was a conflict between Fulani cattle rearers and farmers in Oyo state. The conflict led to the death of some Fulani herdsmen. An angry Buhari was the spokesperson of the Fulani, and he warned the then Oyo Governor, Lam Adeshina to ensure the safety of his people or…There was nothing wrong with this, but for Buhari to define ‘his people’ as the Fulani of the north, why should we, the rest of the nation, expect a fair deal from his presidency? It is just like a member of Ku Klux Klan, the extremist white organization, coming to ask for votes from members of the black community in the US, or running for a national election. Buhari has shown biases for members of his ethnic group, what right does he now have to ask the whole nation to vote for him? Has he ever spoken for the interest of the South? The answer is no. Not a word was heard from him during the numerous ethno-religious crises in the north in which southerners and Christians were killed. Not a word from this man who wants my vote, the vote of a southern Christian. The only time he spoke up was to defend Sharia and the right of Muslims to have the religious legal system.
    Buhari’s actions show that his worldview is narrow and shaped by his ethnicity and religion. There is no reason to believe he has changed. So why should I commit the leadership of my country into the hands of a proven religious bigot and tribalist? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by kexo View Post
    @adexzy007, u ar very stupid! Y ar u so blind? Y dnt u understand, y all these abuses & sentiments? Pls respect ur self! All y all these accusations of political bias in this thread.

@Badgirlz --- May God bless you... I think the guys has taken it very personal but you know the system we have is so volatile such that the politicians use many of their systematic campaign trick to win votes and I guess on that side..Kexo has been won to their side.... One can imagine the learnt politicians can go to discredit their fellow politicians but it take a great inner eyes to know the true picture of many things..The last time there was a bomb attack October 1st in Abuja...when Jonathan came out saying it was not a MEND attack. They felt he was saying rubbish, that he was stupid to have said that. Well, he may not look presidential enough for him to come out point blank but if one would think deep..He probably knows what he meant..Have we asked ourselves the long silence of Raymond dokpesi...after the bomb blast...Have we asked ourselves why IBB said no one should link him to bomb attacks... If I reflect back to what Amaka said in one of her comments. I quote her " GEJ seems to ve lofty ideas but not strong-willed and seems sometimes to look d oda way why things go wrong, why d pple he wants to lead are being massacred in Jos/Maiduguri/and everyoda part of d country, by heartless and faceless individuals" ----but I would say to us that GEJ has been able to contain the pressure on his side to be used by this politicians, he has been able to tolerate his opponents... He once said that as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, he has enormous power to go after his opponent but it would be the last thing for him to do.... Do we think GEJ does not know those orchestrating most of the Bomb attacks in the north, their sponsors...He knows them!!! All they bent on is to discredit his government on security issue to make Nigerian see him as not being capable and most importantly to force him to go after them...thereafter they call it witch-hunting like they accused OBJ during his own GOVERMENT...That time many Nigerians would be blind to the fact that they are the one causing problem all around...Mark my words..If GEJ should win the coming election..They all should know they have a case to answer..Lives they have destroyed in the norths under their stupid disguise....No wonder many of us finds it difficult to believe GEJ cannot be proactive or take decision on his own..Wait till after May 29th...Many of you would be shocked. We can only wait May 29 and see how the whole games plays out….

Quote Originally Posted by kexo View Post
    @Amaka, Nyc one! y did u not utter a word when the so called southerner abused, accused and intimidates Nigerian Leaders. he said ''Tell me...How you expect a thief to rigg a thief... Can anyone in this room tell me if any of this party is worth voting for... Because we talk about no rigging but tell me...Can you vouch for RIBADU.. Who once called is God father Bola ahmed tinubu a fraud and now he's boss....Buhari a coup plotter...the 52 briefcase stocked with foreign currency..Toppled a civilian government that got us back into this mess and on and on to IBB and stupid abacha.......''
    @Kexo..Why now? But why? did u read my post b4 postin dis again? I didnt look d oda way, I cautioned him and expected u to learn one/two things frm my post and hz as well. It is heart-breaking how we youths who are used and dumpd by politicians and our leaders will be fighting dirty in a public forum to defend pple who it is obvious will not keep to their promises,except God intervenes..

Now, for going ahead and disobeying the "posting rule" for this topic..u r barred from posting for "3mins"... CASE DISMISSED!!

Heeeeeeey!!! House,This is becoming too political eventhough is interesting but the main purpose of this forum is verymuch underminded in this particular title 500,000 jobs vs gas revolution. Anyway,I am happy to know dat 9ja youths are current and reasonable enof to critically analyze issues with concrete evidence and without being bias nor sentimental,this is sign of maturity and civilization. Adexy idea is great tho i was nt to oprtund 2 read other for they look so voluminous and as an engineer,we consider it work. I c GEJ narrowly winning tho without no much reason but divine i gues bcos from my opinion sampling,manysay good about Buhari and some categorically said he is d beter man with his strong will,looks and experience yet concluded with 'BUT I WILL VOTE 4 GEJ NOT PDP' this bring me to the tot that Jonathan is PDP Joker and mit probably b d last president from PDP.

I appreciate each and everyone of your view. I about 70% optimistic that GEJ might as well be the last PDP leader in this country, especially when he fails to deliver his promises concerning this issue. Some people say he is a bit weak but let us still give him a chance and see if he can deliver, although he has some crazy and corrupt people around still backing him up. I have tried to see how 500,000 jobs will be feasible in the gas sector, if the so called NNPC have just about 15,000 staff nationwide (especially when I see the crowd writing test everyday for the position of about 6people example Nigerian Breweries). Well please let us try to reduce the insults here as this is trying to go personal instead of our desire for a job. Election is around the corner and we the youths have the power to vote for the right man of our choice. I love these write ups although some are like JAMB comprehension passages (lol), but this has given us a little bit of insight of what we want from our future president. 500,000jobs is no small number but Nigeria have the resources to make that happen especially when we consider how much someone like Atiku could spend in buying a house in America ( over $60 million) and how much Ibori stole from Delta state govt. Not to mention but an example. I pray the next 4years will create a level playing ground as politicians now see politics as the juicest business ever in Nigeria, forgetting what we elect them to do. Lets try to go for a man with vision although all our candidates have that (except Dele Momodu and co) but its just that we need only one person as president for the next four years. Only God knows the best. Thanks everyone

@Amaka, u r a real woman wit a large heart.
    @adexzy007, ur comments show u r really in touch wit d unfolding political scenario in Nigeria. Ur outbursts I can understand cos i do feel dt way stimes. God has seen our tears n brought GEJ. But i'm afraid, he might be playing himself to d gallery, out of both God's n man favour especially on his stance on d unholy political upheaval in Akwa Ibom, in which an average citizen of that state blivs it's man inhumanity 2 man. I can say dt until recently he was d people's choice, but things ve since changed. To my fellow youths, let's put on our thinking cap, let's do away wit sentiments, ethnicity n religion. Let's take our destiny in our hands. I must confess, i'm impressed by ur reasoning acumen on this forum, it gives hope of a brighter 2morrow 4 our great nation. God bless all.

badgirlz, u talk of violence, peace and good lessons, pls go sit down change ur name(badgirlz) b4 u takl of these words. What do we learn from ur name? Peace?,good lesson? Or violence?
    Amaka, i feel u no vex,
    to all pls put aside all these sentiments and concentrate on hw we can get a credible leader that will cater for unemployment, poverty,curroption and insecurity. Lets answer the name nigeria good people greate nation.

brethen, as the march towards the elections draw near, it would not do us any good to be religious or ethnically sentimental.
    it would be erroneous for us to ascribe all our nations problems to a paarticular tribe or religious group.
    when the capitalist of this nation sit down to share our national heritage,they are from diverse tribes and faith, but share a common interest-money.
    the 500,000 gas jobs,is a political issue, and would die like all politically induced issues have died.
    it would be fool hardy for us to think that GEJ is the solution to our national woes.GEJ is actually a product and a beneficiary of the corrupt satanic system.
    as long as the process to ascension to leadership positions in naija is still controlled and co-ordinated by the satanic clique we see, we would never get there.
    and please please please, dont think its a nigerian issue, no brother, its global.
    while i share your enthusiasm for a responsive givernment, take it from me, that no human government can get us to that eldorado.
    we in the faith, await the government of the king of kings, and the lord of lords.
    not GEJ, not buhari, not sambo, not el rufai, not sherakau and definitely not GEJ who is tied to nigerias albatross-OBJ
    i used share this sentiments, until i began to hear of satanic things like GEJs list, senate list, house list and presidency list in the NNPC recruitment exerise.
    brethen,wither nigeria.....even the 500,000 jobs they are promising,its for them them.
    but our eyes are on God,He is still on the throne.....
    just like the clay in the potters hands, we/naija are for ever in his hands

Please, i want you guys to halt all these political discussions for now and let us face reality. We should hope that whatever promise any govt make must be fulfilled withpu delay. All our leaders, irrespective of thier ethnic and religion affiliations, are giulty.

In the midst of our troubles so shall will still reap from the land of favour and blessing like we have in Nigeria.. Jesus Army you are quite right that we do have a satanic system instead but if by what I have seen in the entire world that the high level of holiness of a nation is not worth determines the true growth or development of a Nation then Nigerian's case shouldn't be an issue. Many of us would agree with me that our nation is the most religious one in the world, yet we are not making good heads. Jesus Army I do not think you went deep to see it from this other perspective that while the white took us into slavery; they were actually doing what is against the will of God, yet their land is prospering and coast is getting enlarged day by day..You still didn't look at it in this context that while they were busy producing nuclear destroying weapons, their environment is still that of the satanic system.What of China whose doctrine is even far from that of God's commandments.. Note that the sins the leaders of the western community have commited against humanity can't be quantified with what our leaders have done to us but this is a matter of different folks for different stroke.. @Jesus Army -As much as I like to read from your post or comment, with because of the depth of you knowledge & gospel wise, I do not think you got it right to conclude GEJ would do nothing due to his albatross-OBJ like you mentioned. Would pharaoh had thought Moses who heads a council of his own would be the one to lead the children of Isreal out of egypt. Part of the gospel verses says that "He would use the wicked to destroy the wicked" Therefore your positivity is what I plead for because many of us do not know where the judgement of this country is coming from. We all are just saying our own....Don't forget Rawligns of Ghana was part of the corrupt goverment but he carried out that bible passage..Using the wicked to destroy the wicked.... I am only of the opinion from what the originator of this Topic asked and I felt that GEJ has what is most possible and feasible but I cannot tell what battle he would be fighting when he starts actualizing them.....Peace to the house....

adexzy, if u still bliv GEJ will fight corruption in dis country, u may ve 2 wait 4 d remaining days of ur life. I heard them say, "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones". How can he throw stones when his whole house is made of glass? I am a Niger Deltan, but d signs don't portray any hope. As God said to David; "by this deed, u ve given great occasion 2 d enemies of d Lord 2 blaspheme", i think if d north ve a shot on power again, we r d cause. One question i ask our northen brothers is; if Atiku had won d PDP primaries will u still b talking of voting PDP out? I think the whole agitation is borne out of greed, selfishness,ethnicity n religion and not on reasonable issues. As youths, our clamour 4 change should not be based on d afore mentioned, but on genuine values. Thank u.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast