+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Topic: 500,000 jobs vs gas revolution

500,000 jobs vs gas revolution

My dear people, is this feasible, only God knows wat the Govt. is up to, it is a good initiative but how long are we to wait for this. I ve been trying to find the way they are going to do about this but do not really know. I am not a politician but I think we can re-elect him, if this and power are the only projects he can give to we youths within this period (2011-2015), I think he is Ok, but if he fails to do this, then PDP will be ousted, not only from FG but from the states and LG's and never to come back. We do not want failures again

Re: 500,000 jobs vs gas revolution

It is very feasible...It's just hard for many to believe. Why? Because many of us are not politician and basically we do not understand this country. The gas revolution project by now would have been actualized since 2010, but the problem with the success should be attributed to the Northern and Southern issue in our country. It was not in the best interest of the north to allow it to be successful. Whereas gas is being flared at the detriment of the Niger-delta and few places to come in the basin of Lagos & Ogun state by the time the country starts exploring oil in those region. Reason is this; most Nigeria establishments are run by the public interest where many of our northern brothers have the opportunity to work. The ministry, the power sector and the marine sector. Have you asked yourself that why in this world do we have in the oil and gas sector over 90% southerners at top of affairs, can you tell me the number of managers, directors or workers in shell, Exxon Mobil, chevron that are from the north..Very few. The politics that is been played in the north has gotten to a stage that they just do not want where any of those parastatals where they can gainfully get employed be privatized so that they can still be relevant. You know what it means that once the foreign investor takes over, what they would need are competent hands to execute their jobs because they are here to make gains. No ghost worker, punctuality is essential and 100% accountability. This was why the power sector privatization was not successful. A good government should be for continuity but this wasn't Yaradua's case when he got in, he was there to probe OBJ in disguise but I knew it was not because of that.. Gas are been wasted in the Niger delta. Very little of these gas are been used to power some power plant in Port Harcourt and some other places like omoku in rivers state. Whereas this would have be useful in the entire nation. 2005..If you go to www.bg-group.com a company called British gas, came into Nigeria to invest in our power sector and part of it was to build a plant for gas gathering plant- OLOKONLNG between Ogun & Ondo, even another one called brassnlg in bayelsa...But when yaradua came in, he grounded it and stopped investing in the project. This was why BG decided it was going to leave Nigeria but the FG begged them to stay back since the emergence of Jonathan. During OBJ's tenure things were moving at a pace that many of us could see but when yaradua came, things went so down that employment became so difficult... Now PIB(Petroleum Industry bill) is another. This is another one our northern brothers are frustrating in the senate floor because most of this mini flow-station shell control are mostly in swamps and land, this would be acquired by the south and run by the southerners but I just do not get it. How many petroleum related study engineers can they produce in the north?Or how many electrical engineers or mehanical engineers can they produce to take over our power sector? Very few!!! We have been going to school in the south even when it's not free education while they have refused to when it totally free for them in the north. They say Boko Haram!!! Haram to western education...So tell me why are they looking for relevance with force in the Nigerian economy. What they need to do now is send their kids to school in order to cover up the gap rather than slowing or bringing our economy to a halt. I just pray that GEJ would be there May 29, because if he does, brother I can tell you 500,000 jobs in the oil, gas and power industry is very feasible and I can see it coming....Pray hard because they are doing everything to make sure Jonathan does not emerge...But one advice I would give to many of us in the oil and gas industry is that we should start packaging our CVs very well because soon many quiet oil companies would float in Nigeria as soon as the PIB bill is passed and the gas revolution kicks off. Even that very day Jonathan launched the gas revolution project, immediately 3 companies signed an MOU...Wake up!!! Update yourself.

i thought the PIB has been passed? anyway ur analysis is straight to the point. I am currently working today courtesy of the nigerian content initiative in one of the oil service company and i tell you what, there will be plenty of opportunities with the PIB.

No!!! The PIB has not been passed..The day our gullible senator were suppose to delibrate on the bill;many of them were out to campaign. Just about 8 senators delibrated on it and almost caused an uproar in the house between our brothers in the north and the south-south senators. Why? Over the clause " Nigerian Goverment" but which our abokis in the house said it must be Federal Republic of Nigeria....Well they were smart over that as they do not want a less defined clause....

Mat God deliver this nation over north and south dichotomy that has been ravaging her for years. we should try to live as one.

adexzy007 good analysis...lets just hope that all will workout as planned, however remember that if the PIB fail to pass before the election, the house will be desolved and the new house will start the process all over again....dejavu!!!....Typical Nigerian phenomenon .....!!!!

Guy you are right..This is why sometimes I encourage some dirty things to happen for a good purpose in this country.....If election should be rigged to move this country forward, I bet you it should be rigged because we just cannot trust all this white lies campaign we hear...I can only use my spirit to follow that person I trust....But pls house..don't crucify me on this...If election must be rigged to move the country foward...Abeg it should be rigged..Just imagine a minority like Jonathan fighting those lions who have the numbers in the north..Guy Am scared this people wants to take us into slavery like our old colonial masters.....

Rigging will take us no where, its only righteousness dt exalts a nation. This is one of d reasons Nig. has nt moved forward, d foundatn was built on lie. Let d new gentn. stand 4 truth then we can move forward. GEJ is OBJ's boy, our reserve has bn depleted, now we re in debth again. If he has tangible tn to offer he must convince us. We can't wait till 2015, after 12years of wasteful PDP reign.

Well I pray something good comes out of this, cos I feel ashmed of myself sometimes. My idleness has made me commit a lot of sins which I never bargained for, after my service year. Even with 2:1 in Engr. I cant believe I can stay this long wihout a job. Even the so called NNPC test which nobody believes its going to be credible. Abeg God 4give me my sins and give me something tangible and be productive. All those hawks in that house, only God will judge them. That is why they will leave there, God help us we youth and punish those behind retarding the progress of this country. They give jobs to those not capable of tackling problem (especially ladies), their relatives, etc and they leave the best graduates wandering and crying every morning and night, still thinking of will be of us every passing day, just because we do not have anyone. They do not know they are indirectly behind the numerous kidnapps and atrocity young ones commit, later they will sign a bill of death to those kidnppers. Well let me still package my CV and keep waiting 4 something good to happen in my life very soon, if those dogs that call themselves house members behave like people that have conscience and sign that PIB. That is why we youths have to vote wisely. Thanks everyone

I quite agree with BIYISON,rigging is not the solution to the problem,come to think of it,we ve been rigging for years now,where has it taken us to.It has rather given the masses more heart ache,impoverished the masses even more,& crippled the economy.The time has come for my vote & urs to count.For this is the only way we can hold this people to account for every thing they do while in office.The same people who are complaining about the governance in the country are still been bought over with a bag of salt or rice.We as Nigerians ve to address the issue of illiteracy and poverty,that is the bane of Nigeria's problem.A hungry man would rather ve the bag of rice today,than vote the right leader into office and wait for 10 years to rip the dividends.It is time to think and act right.
    If the PIB is passed, we re all better off with it.Nigeria should diversify it's economy,go back to the time where we had pyramids of groundnut in the north.There re other viable sectors apart from oil and gas.Nigerians all want to get rich over night,no one wants to wait for the yams,cassava and coco-yam in the farm to get harvested,they want the windfall profit that comes from oil and gas,hence the heavy reliance on the sector.

@Biyison it purely shows you did not read the second comment on this topic b4 you jumped on conclusion about GEJ or OBJ..I am sure you just go out there to seek for a job but you do not understand how the goverment policies affects your life... In my very interest, OBJ-GEJ have added value to my life...And I can tell you what they are during their goverment.. Tell me what Yaradua did to push the economy foward during is goverment...You talked about the nation wasnt built on righteousness but lies...One wonders where you got that from? United states and other western community today were built on a true ground shey? May be you forgot how they enslaved you for years before your freedom in the 60's...It was built on a true ground shey?..They have stocked pile of nuclear missiles in there stores....True ground too...U had better shut your mouth and understand how this rouges feed on you...If you are a member of the SPE...Then you would understand why we are chasing them into the deep shores....We have competent hands too and we are tired of too much expertriate milking us for no reason... Why am I even telling you all these..you are just a graduate without any idea of how the goverment is run....You think it's just a sheet of paper and pen stuff...You can vote GEJ out and sell your future back to the north and let them kill the 500,000 feasibles jobs coming and the PIB bill.. Mumu like you....

@Saintduck.. Honestly I never wished rigging but God has been the voice of we minority in this country...Does it occur to many of us that there in the north they have the number...No one is talking about credibility again in this country such that we can look at it and pick the best hand to run a party platform that is strong in Nigeria. They keep bringing those that are questionable to challenge PDP. Tell me...How you expect a thief to rigg a thief... Can anyone in this room tell me if any of this party is worth voting for... Because we talk about no rigging but tell me...Can you vouch for RIBADU.. Who once called is God father Bola ahmed tinubu a fraud and now he's boss....Buhari a coup plotter...the 52 briefcase stocked with foreign currency..Toppled a civilian government that got us back into this mess and on and on to IBB and stupid abacha.......Every day I wake up...They just keeping making me right and convinced that OBJ is better than all...Have we all forgotten many accused RIBADU of being used by OBJ....What does he have to say now....Why didn't Buhari and Ribadu answer goodluck on what he asked them if anyone of them can deny they do not have a bank account abroad or their kids schooling over there....These are the men that wants to rule us....They have kept their own brothers in the north from North going to school and someone is telling me with their numbers in the north you think a person like GEJ would have been able to do it......Sometimes we do not see God hands but play to the gallery.. God is really a faithful God..Who has seen the terrain of this nation; he does not want us to go back into another civil war...The neglect in the Niger-delta. Who killed saro wiwa...? Why? Look this is not american where they have a general language but difference in what they believe...The votes are shared equally between democrats and republicans -- Indepedents are there to compliment whatever goverment they feel would do better.... But here in Nigeria.. We have at least 3 minorities-- The southeast, southsouth and Middle belts...So who would speak for this people where we have this greedy bigots who call themselves fulanis...They are have ruled this nation for more than 38 years with nothing to show for it and still you are telling me rigging should not favour the minority..Am sure you must be thinking CPC is not ready to rig buhari in or AC for ribadu...? Wake up and stop dreaming....It is a matter of knowledge, wisdom and practical numbers....GEJ can only have his way by mercy or sympathetic vote from the north to be voted for but if all should come together...Forget....he would never smell it....

And who says GEJ's kid are studying in Nigeria. His kids are in the American International School, Abuja, Tuition fees of USD 17,000 per term. That is more than the fees at Harvard, MIT, Yale, Stanford etc. Do you consider such a school as a Nigerian School. GEJ should tell us about policies and leave all this talk about his kids studying in Nigeria and not having a foreign bank account. I am no way near being a rich man and I have less than 500 grand to my name but I have a foreign account so that shouldnt be a big deal. For me PDP has failed us severally in the past 12years and I dont see GEJ standing up to the corrupt cartel, afterall he even dines and wines with them. A couple of weeks ago, 18 Nigerians died in an Auto-crash along Benin-Ore road, the man who got NGN 16Billion to repair the road sits on the dining table with our president. I really want to hear how the 500,00 jobs will come from.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast