+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    They are seriously confused on whom to give offers or invite to the last round. They have too many qualified people competing for few places. Their HR officers have been highly unprofessional, if you ask me. Imagine constantly promising to get back to you, only for them to later tell you that the position you applied for has been filled. What! who filled it? Ghost? hahahaha.

It is good to always have a backup plan. Otherwise all these big companies can mess someone up. It was much easier to get into the programme some years back. Unfortunately, the respect accorded to a good usually vanishes when the supply of the good far, far exceeds its demand. This is trivial economics, and it is what we are experiencing nowadays.

Nonetheless, all hope is not lost sha. Keep your fingers crossed. You might just be the one they have been looking for. As I said, they are currently overwhelmed and confused. Pray that their confusion becomes your own advantage.

Igh
    @ Ighoeve, I would say AMEN to you prayer. Please , I have PMed you. I am expecting ur response. Thanks

Hi people,

I'm super new here and I can't believe I missed this post. Anyway, i just had my telephone interview two weeks back and was notified last week that I was successful. I would love to also contribute to this forum.

I applied for the igp financial markets since september but was only contacted by their head office in march, that was after i had called the hr office in nigeria and they had told me the roles were cancelled.

Anyway the whole point is for those who havent heard from them, just excercise more patience recruitment generally ends in June.

For the telephone interview an extra question which i would love to add is

" If u were to get this job and also had another offer, what would be the differentiating factor that would help you in making your choice". This was the last question I was asked and I haven't seen any other person post it.

I would really love any tips on the next stage and would gladly share anything i hear about the process.

@Sergea I would really love tips on the assessment center. Thanks

You guys rock.

Kunmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kunmi101 View Post
    Hi people,

I'm super new here and I can't believe I missed this post. Anyway, i just had my telephone interview two weeks back and was notified last week that I was successful. I would love to also contribute to this forum.

I applied for the igp financial markets since september but was only contacted by their head office in march, that was after i had called the hr office in nigeria and they had told me the roles were cancelled.

Anyway the whole point is for those who havent heard from them, just excercise more patience recruitment generally ends in June.

" If u were to get this job and also had another offer, what would be the differentiating factor that would help you in making your choice". This was the last question I was asked and I haven't seen any other person post it.

I would really love any tips on the next stage and would gladly share anything i hear about the process.

You guys rock.

Kunmi
    Hi Kunmi,

Thanks for letting us know, I was seriously getting discouraged because I have my telephone interview last year and was told I was successful on the same day but have not had any word back from them since then. I think I might give them a call and ask if there is still a chance for this year so I can cut my losses and push on for other applications instead of hoping for nothing.

Good luck

Assessment center Information

First session is a group assessment center where you would be given a case study , you would have about 10- 15 minutes o prepare for the assessment. Each candidate would have one supervisor monitoring his behavior. Just try to be confident and make sure you participate and if possible take action and be the leader.

Second session

You would be given a 10 mins break. You would be given another material ... past financial report of Standard chattered( I cant remember but think its last year) you can look at the website and equip your self with some terms in the statement what they mean and their implication in the financail statement . and possible recommendation... you would be required to make ur recommendation after anaysing their financials( nb you would have to read fast cos the material is a bit bulky)

You would make a presentation to the panel with your recommendation using a flip chart - dont make it too long as you dont have too much time ... go straight to the point and make sure ur recommendations are solution driven.

Make sure ur presentation skills are spot on . .i.e dont block the flip chart while presenting.

Final assessment day.

Its a formal chat / interview with Head of Consumer Banking West Africa Carol Oyedeji . She is a young cheerful person ... i think its about confidence. She would probably ask about you , the bank , product and maybe global financial crisis . Its a short chat maximum of maybe 15 to 20,mins. Some people chat where 5 mins

I really hope this helps someone.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody01 View Post

First session is a group assessment center where you would be given a case study , you would have about 10- 15 minutes o prepare for the assessment. Each candidate would have one supervisor monitoring his behavior. Just try to be confident and make sure you participate and if possible take action and be the leader.

Second session

You would be given a 10 mins break. You would be given another material ... past financial report of Standard chattered( I cant remember but think its last year) you can look at the website and equip your self with some terms in the statement what they mean and their implication in the financail statement . and possible recommendation... you would be required to make ur recommendation after anaysing their financials( nb you would have to read fast cos the material is a bit bulky)

You would make a presentation to the panel with your recommendation using a flip chart - dont make it too long as you dont have too much time ... go straight to the point and make sure ur recommendations are solution driven.

Make sure ur presentation skills are spot on . .i.e dont block the flip chart while presenting.

Final assessment day.

Its a formal chat / interview with Head of Consumer Banking West Africa Carol Oyedeji . She is a young cheerful person ... i think its about confidence. She would probably ask about you , the bank , product and maybe global financial crisis . Its a short chat maximum of maybe 15 to 20,mins. Some people chat where 5 mins

@somebody, I really appreciate your effort in sharing this information.....it is a part relief for me. Yes it really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunmi101 View Post
    Hi people,

You guys rock.

Kunmi
    hello, thank you for this information. hahahaha, people should know why they would prefer standard chartered bank to others..

Quote Originally Posted by nefertiti View Post
    Hi Kunmi,

Thanks for letting us know, I was seriously getting discouraged because I have my telephone interview last year and was told I was successful on the same day but have not had any word back from them since then. I think I might give them a call and ask if there is still a chance for this year so I can cut my losses and push on for other applications instead of hoping for nothing.

Good luck
    hi, sorry about that. are you talking about IGP 2011 versus 2012?

Second session

Final assessment day.

ah u chatted with the chick? good. hope she was personable. And congrats for getting this very far!!! this global financial crisis thing again. i was asked the same question by one of the world`s largest banks just last year. i think banks generally like the question. beware people!!

you are yet to tell the house the events that led to your being called/invited to the assessment centre. How did it go? I mean, from what time after your first interview were you invited to the assessment centre, and how many interviews did you have before being called for the ac?

thanks.

Second session

Final assessment day.

Finally, where did you do the AC? London or Lagos or Accra or Cape Town or Dubai or-----or--?

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    hi, sorry about that. are you talking about IGP 2011 versus 2012?
    Hi,
    I am talking about IGP for 2012. I did the application early when it opened in September.

Second session

Final assessment day.

Hi,
    Thanks for the update. Its good to know the process is still going on. What programme did you apply to? Wholesale Banking or Consumer Banking?

Thanks

She was pleasant . but unfortunately i was dropped afta the final interview. (they wld snd mail to only pple who got the job , others wld be notified thru d portal)

After the telephone Interview I was invited for the assessment centre and consequently I was invited for the final chat a little bit over a month.

Consumer Banking

+ Reply
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast