+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    Hi, the trading positions have long been filled. The interviews were held in Amsterdam, London and Boston. Unfortunately I did not get the job. I will inform you of any new one.

cheers
    Hello, sorry to hear about that. That is how these things go. Your own will not pass you by.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhopefull View Post
    Hi, I made to the FINAL stage which was a chat with the Head of the Department, which was after the assessment day, of which we were told was just a formality, but alas they were still cutting people. I would say if you do make it past the assessment day, remain in interview mode and be as enthusiastic as possible. Good luck
    Hi forevahopeful, can you kindly give the house a brief on the sort of questions asked by the head of department? It will surely give those still on the race an idea on what to expect and how to prepare. Many Thanks.

PS. I love the name....''Forevahopeful''

Quote Originally Posted by s.biko View Post
    Hi forevahopeful, can you kindly give the house a brief on the sort of questions asked by the head of department? It will surely give those still on the race an idea on what to expect and how to prepare. Many Thanks.

PS. I love the name....''Forevahopeful''
    Hi, they were standard questions like "tell me about yourself", "y do u want to work for SCB" etc and also a question abt the global fin meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhopefull View Post
    Hello, sorry to hear about that. That is how these things go. Your own will not pass you by.
    Yeah. Thanks. The job market is very competitive these days. Eventually, we will land a big one-

Igh

@ forevahopeful...thanks for your response, you only mentiond wat happd during the chat, cld you giv specific info on activities that comprise assessment day, was there any re-testing and around what part of the year did it hold. Thanks again

hello guyz any newz about the second assessments?It seems everyone is quiet.I have now been waiting for almost 2 months though not given up.

pls can some1 send the assessment link 2me i ve difficulty in geting d right link since last yr i also need the test format One love @ [email protected]

Plz house any idea wat the online talent assessment looks like....ur responses are highly appreciated

i have an assessment centre coming up for the consumer banking international graduate programme, can someone please share with me their experience with standard chartered international graduate programme? you can email me at [email protected]

Many thanks !

Please House have they started calling for assessment centre. I still haven't heard from them since the congratulatory msg after telephone interview.

Quote Originally Posted by fafag View Post
    Please House have they started calling for assessment centre. I still haven't heard from them since the congratulatory msg after telephone interview.
    To be honest I also don't know what is really happening.but the status of my application has changed successful after first assessment to successful after second assessment.
    It seems everyone here is quiet so it is very difficult to connect the dots.

Haven't heard back from them after first assessment, I'm guessing the programme filled up early or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameenaht View Post
    Haven't heard back from them after first assessment, I'm guessing the programme filled up early or something.

They are seriously confused on whom to give offers or invite to the last round. They have too many qualified people competing for few places. Their HR officers have been highly unprofessional, if you ask me. Imagine constantly promising to get back to you, only for them to later tell you that the position you applied for has been filled. What! who filled it? Ghost? hahahaha.

It is good to always have a backup plan. Otherwise all these big companies can mess someone up. It was much easier to get into the programme some years back. Unfortunately, the respect accorded to a good usually vanishes when the supply of the good far, far exceeds its demand. This is trivial economics, and it is what we are experiencing nowadays.

Nonetheless, all hope is not lost sha. Keep your fingers crossed. You might just be the one they have been looking for. As I said, they are currently overwhelmed and confused. Pray that their confusion becomes your own advantage.

Igh

+ Reply
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast