+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Hi house,i did my strength assessment in
    21st dec 2011 and got the mail below and i am yet to get a mail for the interview,i applied for CONSUMER BANKING FAST TRACK PROGRAMME is there anyone in my shoes? i want to know how long it will take.

Dear --------

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been successfully submitted.

A member of our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you in due course.

For regular status updates, please check the communication centre through your account on
    www.standardchartered.com/careers.

Kind regards

Talent Acquisition Team
    Standard Chartered Bank

I did my role assesment on 28th dec and i am xpectin my essay wic is d next stage b4 phone interview
    Quote Originally Posted by pricewater View Post
    Hi house,i did my strength assessment in
    21st dec 2011 and got the mail below and i am yet to get a mail for the interview,i applied for CONSUMER BANKING FAST TRACK PROGRAMME is there anyone in my shoes? i want to know how long it will take.

Dear --------

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been successfully submitted.

A member of our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you in due course.

For regular status updates, please check the communication centre through your account on
    www.standardchartered.com/careers.

Kind regards

Talent Acquisition Team
    Standard Chartered Bank

ok, i did't know dat there wld be essay writing before the fone interview, pls let me know as soon as u get a mail for the essay,thanks much.

Hmmm, the one that they are not calling after first assessment, I think its only Sergea that has been called for the next round on this forum, I hope they haven't hired everyone they need yet, I 'm thinking its the situation of the country that is making it take so long though, thoughts?

Ameenaht,you need to get a positive mindset....its always darkest before dawn,though darkness may last for awhile,day shall surely come and joy comes in the morn.....What would be yours wont pass you by...and yes,i think its the unstable economy that is making it take so long...so pls stay positive....btw...am waiting for testimonies to start pouring in on this thread once offer letters start getting shared....Have a blessed week ahead.Cheers!

Noble House,
    Goodmorning Pls,
    I sincere need your help, I was reading thru the thread on the Standard Chartered Bank Graduate recruitment programme.
    Please I was just sent an email asking that I should complete my pending numerical reasoning assessment test which I left unattended to since November after applying.

I was sent a reminder to take the test in 10days, please I sincerely need your help as touching this, Please I would be very grateful and thankful if someone from this noble house would kindly forward/send me the link for the assssment test, So as to study within the short day I have left and take this test. Please I beg of you... Help me. Please
    my email address is ([email protected] or [email protected])

@xtanburg...thank God u sent a PM.av replied you!

Pls cud u kindly send me the link. [email protected]

@xtanburg,l think we ar in d same shoe.l rcv d sam reminder tx. Wud hav don it 2da but d syst's browser wasnt compatibl wt d tx software. Pls house,wt 1 luv, u can hep us wt som info...1 luv house!

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    I think 50k USD falls in the very wide range that your contact gave you. The person gave you that range because he/she did not want you to correctly guess his actual salary. hahahaha. Anyway sha, if you beat the more than 15000 people that you will be competing against for the job, then expect to get around 50k USD per annum..The CFA thingy you spoke about is very true for wholesale bankers. Just jack and pass CFA for free. hahahaha. Good one.

SCB is a good place to work, no doubt. Even the chick I know there is doing big girl hahhaah. Anyway, she is still submissive to the right people sha..She no dey fear..

Finally, the only time you can describe that guy, who is an IGP staff, as a typical Nigerian is when he is your 'real main guy', but he decides to keep every vital secret to himself...You know, it is only one's main main people that can help one with some secret. Others don't want you to compete with them..Some may even give you misleading information just so you do not get to their levels.

As most of you might have already known, in life there are many hidden information that people keep to themselves and never divulge..This gives them a competitive advantage over others..It is only your true person that can tell you how he really did something..There is usually more to every big acheivement in life than people are ready to say..Think about it and you will agree with me.

My prayer sha is for someone on this forum to get the IGP thingy. We already heard exemplary success stories of some forum member, a young senior member, who was literally stalked by several big multinational companies. We need to hear more stories like that..Hearing such stories make us know that our efforts are yielding results..

So guys, go all out and do your best..We need to hear more of the excellent stories. And the next excellent story should be from you and about you!

I will do my best to ensure that I am a party to your respective excellent stories.

I remain yours truly,
    Ighoeve, SM.

PS: London and New York, or Europe and US based Naijans who have graduate degrees in quantitative science courses, 2 years work experience and are interested in a career in trading should please send me a message..There is a boutique investment bank, with offices in America, Asia and Europe, that is currently recruiting traders..The deadline is almost near..Sorry for the last info, but u can still do something OOOO..
    Hi Ighoeve, I am new to this forum and I have been reading through this thread and I must commend you for your invaluable insight and help that you have been giving all the forumites. I got to the final stage of the SCB IG pgm last yr but unfortuately wasn't selected. I was very distraught but I have not given up on my search. I know its been a while since you put up the notice for those interested in a career in trading at a boutique inv bank, but I am very interested. Could I please have your e-mail address so I can send you my CV for this position (and any other positions, if available) as I have the background you specified. I am very much looking fwd to hearing from you. God bless

@ forevahopeful...thanks for actually coming out to say ??u made it to the final stage last year. You are in the best position to tell us what the final stage is really like. Please share your experience and give us specific details lik when, where its gonna hold. If there was re-testing etc so we all can learn from it. Thanks look forward to your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhopefull View Post
    Hi Ighoeve, I am new to this forum and I have been reading through this thread and I must commend you for your invaluable insight and help that you have been giving all the forumites. I got to the final stage of the SCB IG pgm last yr but unfortuately wasn't selected. I was very distraught but I have not given up on my search. I know its been a while since you put up the notice for those interested in a career in trading at a boutique inv bank, but I am very interested. Could I please have your e-mail address so I can send you my CV for this position (and any other positions, if available) as I have the background you specified. I am very much looking fwd to hearing from you. God bless
    Hi, the trading positions have long been filled. The interviews were held in Amsterdam, London and Boston. Unfortunately I did not get the job. I will inform you of any new one.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Charlybobo View Post
    @ forevahopeful...thanks for actually coming out to say ??u made it to the final stage last year. You are in the best position to tell us what the final stage is really like. Please share your experience and give us specific details lik when, where its gonna hold. If there was re-testing etc so we all can learn from it. Thanks look forward to your feedback.
    Hi, I made to the FINAL stage which was a chat with the Head of the Department, which was after the assessment day, of which we were told was just a formality, but alas they were still cutting people. I would say if you do make it past the assessment day, remain in interview mode and be as enthusiastic as possible. Good luck

+ Reply
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast