+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Ur welcome,so what was ur ans for d biggest challenge facing standchart ?

The stong competition from local and international banks + I mentioned the indirect effects that SC could face in case of the default in Greece.

Wat would U say they really want to pick out frm the interview ,I mean is it confidence or how informed U re or zeal or communication skills?

Quote Originally Posted by kazal View Post
    Wat would U say they really want to pick out frm the interview ,I mean is it confidence or how informed U re or zeal or communication skills?
    I think the points you've mentioned will determine how well one can sell any idea, no matter how stupid the idea may seem like. And thanks to Ighoeve for the posted questions as they really came in handy during my yesterday interview which I passed.

In my opinion the phone interview is done to see if you qualify to be interviewed by mangers in the final assesment. So basically having good communication skills and being informed about the bank and the market is very essential.

Congrats to all who made it through. Look forward to meeting y'all @ the assessment centre.

Quote Originally Posted by sergea View Post
    Hey guys I'm a new member to this forum. I would like to thank you all for sharing your experiences in the interview; with your help I was able to pass the phone interview and am now invited to the final assessment.
    In my turn I'd like to share my experience with others have haven't done their 1st interview yet.
    Here are the questions I was asked:

- Introduce Yourself
    - Why banking?
    - Why did you apply for the program?
    - Biggest challenge facing SC
    - Example of a time you worked in a team
    - Example of a time you motivated others
    - Example of a time you helped someone overcome a struggle

The interview took around 50 minutes.

I still have the final assessment and once I do it I'll tell you guys how it went. Meanwhile can someone who has done the final assessment please tell us how it was and what it consisted of?

Thank you & Good Luck for all of you!

Sergea
    Sergea, iwo ni kan tan, only you for wiki and naija.....

Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by otolorin1 View Post
    I think the points you've mentioned will determine how well one can sell any idea, no matter how stupid the idea may seem like. And thanks to Ighoeve for the posted questions as they really came in handy during my yesterday interview which I passed.
    Another very good news from a newbie. I say somebody on the forum must enter that IGP. Let's see if my prediction will not become flesh.

e go shele.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by sergea View Post
    In my opinion the phone interview is done to see if you qualify to be interviewed by mangers in the final assesment. So basically having good communication skills and being informed about the bank and the market is very essential.
    That is where they get things wrong and unfortunately miss great candidates in the process. HR knows nothing. The world's top investment banks are increasingly conducting first round (phone) interviews using the business managers themselves as interviewers and not some clueless HR officer. For example, if you apply to market risk dept, you will be interviewed by managers from that same dept.

I know SCB will step up someday sha. I will propose this idea any day I have the chance to do so.

I think you are wrong @ighovie. I was scheduled to apply for interview at a past date and it had to be postponed after 30 mis of inter view questions due to the fact that the program i applied for was different from the ones listed on his screen.The interviewer told me he was going to post my credentials to another department so dont think they are "clueless" if not he would have proceeded with the interview. They actually know the exact questions to ask. Dont forget they are looking for people with an "international mindset". so if u dont possess any international degree , you are gonna have to prove to them you have an international mindset which may be difficult. Plus if you are not exactly what your essay says you are, you may also not get through.

@ighovie dont forget The HR folks are people with bright minds like you that google through sites like naijahotjobs and wikijobs. I heard him as he typed cos i wan using an enhanced headset to answer his calls and heard everything he communicated as he was typing. Just go through your essay and make sure you are able to explain your essay better. If they weren't impressed with ur essay you wouldn't have proceeded to the next round. So that interview is summarily a backup for your essay. Check the program you are applying for and look for the qualities they want and prove to the you have the same or maybe even more.All these qualifications will only be verified with a little test of confidence at the final stage. Good luck to all.

Menh wats happenin...these guys r yet to schedule me for the fone assessment interview oo..have sent dem series of emails n dey have replied dat ma query has been forwarded to d appropiate dept both d naija HR team n one chinko name like dat bt am yet to get a feed back since o...wat should i do nw?? Dos havin d same issue, hw did u guys solve urs? Thanks house

Something is definitely wrong here @zeus cos immediately she told me to she was gonna transfer me, i got a new date and time for d phone interview.

+ Reply
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast