+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

@dennis, Pls wat do u fink i should do?? Kinda confussed here ooo! Could it b its cos of d department i applied for...probs dey r nt yet ready to attend to peeps...pls wat did u apply for?? I applied for HR.

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Quote Originally Posted by dennis.cla View Post
    I think you are wrong @ighovie. I was scheduled to apply for interview at a past date and it had to be postponed after 30 mis of inter view questions due to the fact that the program i applied for was different from the ones listed on his screen.The interviewer told me he was going to post my credentials to another department so dont think they are "clueless" if not he would have proceeded with the interview. They actually know the exact questions to ask. Dont forget they are looking for people with an "international mindset". so if u dont possess any international degree , you are gonna have to prove to them you have an international mindset which may be difficult. Plus if you are not exactly what your essay says you are, you may also not get through.
    Let me try to make my point very understandable.

The fact that your application was referred to another department does not mean that you would be interviewed by one of the business heads of that department. Get it?
    Engaging in hasty generalization is dangerous. That a person is brilliant does not mean the person is brilliant in every subject or endeavor. In the same vein, that a person is ‘clueless’ does not mean that the person is clueless on every subject. I hope this is clear. HR being clueless in this sense means they lack the technical skills and knowledge which will enable them judge an applicant well from a technical finance point of view. My argument remains that first round interviews should be done by business managers and not some clueless HR people. Clueless in this sense means HR does not have the skills needed to engage a well versed interviewee in technical matters. If they had, they would not be HR.

You are saying another thing, and what you are saying is very different from the point I am making. Go read my post again to help you see my point. Clueless is relative. I am as clueless on HR issues the same way they (the HR people) are clueless on using CVAR , VAR and Merton measures to ascertain the extent and range of Market Risk. In this case, I am near a pro even by international standards. However, the HR people would do well on issues related to HR positions. Clear?

And for your information, in my quest of job search, I have interviewed with some of the world’s best companies that SCB does not even come close to. So, I know how well to compare and contrast Standard Chartered Bank with others. I hardly speak loosely; check all my posts from inception to confirm this claim. This does not mean that you have not also interviewed with the likes of Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley and co. I don’t know you, so I cannot ascertain your job search history.

No hard feelings. I am just striving to make myself lucidly understood and I hope you get my point now. That they transferred your file to a more suitable department (most probably based on their general knowledge of the bank’s business) does not mean that they are skilled enough to technically judge you fairly in your interview. Unless, of course, you applied for an HR position. This is the point. First round (phone) interviews should be done by each business unit. This is the major way SCB can attract the so called best international graduates that they are looking for.

Meanwhile, don’t forget to share your good news with us, as well as the interview questions, after your interview.

Truly yours,
    Ighoeve.

PS: And just in case anybody thinks I have been unsuccessfully interviewed by them, then the person would be making a wrong assumption. I have not. I am talking based on other people’s stories and my personal experience with the world’s largest employers.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus007 View Post
    @dennis, Pls wat do u fink i should do?? Kinda confussed here ooo! Could it b its cos of d department i applied for...probs dey r nt yet ready to attend to peeps...pls wat did u apply for?? I applied for HR.
    zeus, dis ur matter get as e be O. hr peeps in the house have long been interviewed. i am 'flabberwhlmed' pe you have not been interviewed. have u sent the talent manager an email? if u have not, please let me know.

na mi,
    ighoeve.

@ ighoeve
    Given your experience in such job interviews and the fact that you have been through the SCB process before, can you give us some advice about how SCB tends to do their final assessment?
    Panel Interview? Case Study? Presentation? ...
    And if I'm not based in the country I am applying to, what do they usually do? Is it possible that they do the final assessment on the phone as well?

Tnx

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    zeus, dis ur matter get as e be O. hr peeps in the house have long been interviewed. i am 'flabberwhlmed' pe you have not been interviewed. have u sent the talent manager an email? if u have not, please let me know.

na mi,
    ighoeve.
    i have oo...i sent an email to d one u gave me oo...he said i should keep checking d page if a slot would be available...bt as i wait tire, nfin show up i decided to forward a mail to deir HR team n dos peeps directed me of hw to complain on d site which i did. I received a mail from a chinese persons mail statin dat ma queries has been forwarded to d appropriate department..dis was on monday n till date, i neva hear anyfin from em o.
    Guy wat do u fink i can do??

well @ighoeve I get ur point no offence. And of course i applied for HR position . @zeus just be calm. You are going to get a time slot soon. Just make sure you check ur mail and scb profile twice daily.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis.cla View Post
    well @ighoeve I get ur point no offence. And of course i applied for HR position . @zeus just be calm. You are going to get a time slot soon. Just make sure you check ur mail and scb profile twice daily.
    thanks bro..i do check ma email regularly...i use a smart fone. N for d chb page, will b checkin it also..really appreciate d assistance guys..God bless oo

Sorry meant scb page..i will b checkin it regularly. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergea View Post
    @ ighoeve
    Given your experience in such job interviews and the fact that you have been through the SCB process before, can you give us some advice about how SCB tends to do their final assessment?
    Panel Interview? Case Study? Presentation? ...
    And if I'm not based in the country I am applying to, what do they usually do? Is it possible that they do the final assessment on the phone as well?

T

Tnx
    The IGP person I know who currently works for Naija's Standard Chartered Bank had all her interviews while in the UK. She did the last one on phone. If you are in the UK, based on how they did it in the past, it is either they ask you to attend the UK assessment centre(pray this is not the case because things can be very competitive) or they do the final assessment through skype or phone. If the former is the case, then you will be treated as if you wanted to work in their UK office. It is somehow.... So, pray that they ask you to do a phone interview or a skype interview for the last stage. Now, if they ask you to choose between doing the final assessment in Nigeria or in the UK, my brother, please tell them that they should fly you down to Nigeria for the assessment. Naijas assessment centres are not as tough as those of the UK..You can still fumble and po and fonu and show yourself with your foreign certificate and some polished english language skills in Naija. It can be very hard to impress in London.

Goodluck.
    dennis.cla likes this.

Abeg guy,no try UK ho. Or else U go tink say U no know anything except thou U do ur undergrad n postgrad for Oxbridge.

DWJ

Pls help me out here - i need a place to study for the numerical test

My interview went as follows:

Tell me about ur undergraduate degree
    Tell about ur post graduate degree
    When have u faced a challenge? what strategies did you apply to tackle this challenge? what was the outcome?
    When you ever motivate someone? what strategies did you use? What was the outcome?
    What are your strengths?
    Tip: Make sure your answers to your competency questions reflect your personality in the questionnaire you previously submitted and/or also reflects at least two of their values (Courage, Responsive, International, creative, trustworthy)
    What is the biggest risk facing banks?
    How do you feel this risk can be managed?
    Do you have any questions for me? Make sure you ask at least one reasonable question that youve researched and try to give youre own opinion based on that research then convert it into a question. This is make it more of an interactive session rather than a (question and answer session)

To God be the glory, I through to the next stage, I hope to see y'all soon (particularly our celebrated person (ighoeve) and i hope this helps. Cheers.

Congrats to you Pamach...wat did u apply for?. I applied for transaction banking, jus wondering, is der any1 else who applied for transaction banking and made it through the fone interview?...cheers

+ Reply
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast