+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Topic: How advantageous is an MSc?

Re: How advantageous is an MSc?

D way Msc was designed was for further specialization in a field of study, as well as, for the experienced hands-who can apply their experience & understanding in their respective field of study.
    However, it has been abused by both sides(job seekers & employers)
    Msc has an advanatg wen u hav experience 2 back it up(right way) - u get d pay for dat level OR
    u hav an advantage bcos ur employer taks u(since it ads 2 d efizy of having Msc employeesto his kitty) over Bsc candidates(wrong way)-u get d job but not d comensurate pay.
    My advice...get a job/work/business & den a Msc (if u stil want) later... I don't realy support going 4 d Msc 1st (unless u can't help it)....

I am enjoyin this discussion. Thumbs up to everybody that has contributed to this topic. I have already bought an Msc form to study International Relations. I am not employed. If I get a job along the line, then I wl suspend the Msc bid and earn myself some money and experience.

My contribution is that if you hope to secure a job in academic, then don't deviate from your profession when choosing a course for masters program. Maintain your profession, it will give you a better advantage
    Gluck
    ?

I think one should get a job first before trying to get an Msc. It will be very annoying and would be regarded as a complete waste of time if one gets a job which isn't relevant to the course studied. Whatever we do, lets still put God first and never relent on our efforts in what we do. God's time is best. Happy new year to you my good people. Cheers!

MSC is of slight and negligible advantage in this course. Anyway, if not specified, an applicant does not disclose his/her Msc degree. It is something that if one has the financial backup can go for while waiting on God. It is for one's upgrading.

Strongly feel this thread should not be relegated. The comments made/suggested by everyone here have and could really be useful.
    Better days to u All!

House peeps. Need your kind advice. Which is better to go for Msc or Mrs (masters of research)

you all have been wonderful......i need suggestions please. i have a B.eng in computer engineering, currently unemployed. does anyone know of any nigerian university offering M.sc in telecommunication or telecommmunication engineering. Also wot other course(s) can i do for my masters? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alesh Abass
    House peeps. Need your kind advice. Which is better to go for Msc or Mrs (masters of research)
    though ur question is not specific: however, it all depend on wat u want as u hv professional masters and academic masters- researchable. Wit academic msc u can proceed for phd but not wit professional masters which ends wit u being a professional in ur choosen field.
    Better days

Thanks man

This thread has been interesting so far.But i will like to comment that most Nigerian graduates have been defeated by the fear of the unknown.I don't really blame them for this cos the situation of the country has not been encouraging.But we should note that with ur Msc, u stand a better chance of landing a job in multilateral organisations like World Bank, IMF, UN,etc.Also, with ur MSc, u can explore a career in the academics.Head to Head,MSc will always be ahead of first degree.
    Lastly, it all depends on ur goals and vision in life....what seem good is not always the best.

Of serious concern and noteworthy is d rate Nigeria produces graduates on daily bases, most wit questionable certificate. I "heard" d last corps members that were released were about 90, 000. Add that to those already out hunting for a place in d labour market. Son, someday first degree may be as common as o-level. However, the roof does not prevent the elements {rain, sun etc} from falling but could shelter u from them. Neither does msc guarantee u success or immune u against unemployment but as has been said CAN give u an edge!
    Therefore, If "possible" even if part-time go for Msc should u have the wherewithal!
    Better days fellas

Fanks to you all..you guys are off the hinges mern!!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast