+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Topic: How advantageous is an MSc?

How advantageous is an MSc?

Does an Msc really make one skip da onus of writing coy's aptitude test?because most Coys still insist on 2.1 Bsc degree& 27yrs of age as a min requirement.I dont see how an Msc puts one @ an advantage,im 26yrs. and if i go 4 an Msc now i may be 28yrs when im done .dats ma fear!pls hse ur prompt respose ll be highly appreciated.

Re: How advantageous is an MSc?

I have an Msc from a UK university though its advantegous but i still write company test. Even over there in the UK Msc graduate still write employement tests. Is inevitable, unless for all some very small companies, some of them can offer you a job without the test though they dont pay much which will find there pay far to small to your qualification.

Its a year now that i finished my MSC and I havent gotten a job yet, but i cant say its the same for everybody.everything depends on luck and destiny. There are people without Msc that are doing good jobs.

Well i think it depends on what your doing at the moment, if your idle, you could take up Msc instead of wasting away time but if your doing a good job, why dont work for sometime then take study leave so that as soon as you finish your Msc you will have a job to fall back to immediately.

Well, im still hope on God for his mercies in this job issue

@Kobim:Fanks alot

An Msc is good and could be an advantage but it wont necessarily Make you skip written assessment and all. Getting an Msc is cool but an Msc in what as different jobs with different requirements.the Msc might later not even be relevant to the job you finally get and when recruiting for graduate trainee the requirement is Bsc. They favor professional exams more.go for Msc and search for jobs still.best of luck

Kobim, you have spoken well..

My fear in going for Msc. is for example if u have an M.Sc in engr. & at the end of the day u finally get a job in a bank, then, the MSc is then irrelevant. So i prefer having a secured job first & then going for d MSc in that field

Every1 has spoken well,but one thing with Msc is that it will always give you an edge over others,imagine you were employed alongside Bsc with ur Msc u will find urself being thier boss whn promotion arises,it may also makeup for experience i.e with Msc, companies may nt ask you experience years they ar asking Bsc.
    Also UN jobs require Msc,if u ar with Bsc then u cant apply for anthing reasonable with UN.
    But note go for your Msc if u are nt working yet,so dat smetin will be achived whn u waiting for job!

hav got a BSc in Geology.and im kinda ambivalent on a course 2 foda in...hav bin finking of an MSc.Geophysics,but da challenge is wt if i cant secure a job in da oil industry?does it mean i'll be irrelevant?or perhaps i cld go 4 an MSC.in Environmental management?so dat i may not be particularly restricted 2 da oil sector..Dis are my concerns really ...Fanks all 4 ur Intellectual &Educative responses.

@Pangizee...An MSc Is sure good,but be careful how U apply it cos some coys may tell U U re Ova qualified for a particular position esp wen its an entry level job...All I m saying is go for ur MSc but wen U going for a job position get to knw d exact requirements of d job before U put forward ur MSC

@nocool:wow splendid!!!!!u toooo much!!

@Pangizee: if you are considering getting an MSc in Environmental Management for the sole reason of versatility, I strongly recommend that you thoroughly research the course content and ensure that it is interdisciplinary before taking any further action otherwise you may just end up as restricted as you would be with an MSc in Geophysics. Universities have a way of colourfully advertising and exaggerating their courses so I'd advice you look beyond their websites and prospectus. I have an MSc in Environmental Management from a top UK university and even though I'm better off for it, I must admit that the outcome turned out to be way less than I had anticipated before I joined the course. This is because in my opinion, there were certain missing elements in the course which makes me feel a little bit less confident in my versatility. But then again, that's just my opinion.

tahaj:Fanks alot i gotta"Think outside the box"then...u are off da hook man!!

Decide on what career you intend to pursue. It's not just about bagging a(n) MSc.

You can't however go wrong with an MSc in Management or Int'l Business.

If there's a specific career path you want to follow say H/R, Project Management etc, then specific MSc's would do...

Cheers

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast