+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WOULD YOU FOR ANY REASON FALSIFY YOUR AGE

WOULD YOU FOR ANY REASON FALSIFY YOUR AGE

Many ,90%, of nigerians ve been forced to falsify thier age.The educational ,socio-economic situation has made it difficult to graduate timely--the one yr compulsory service( which many actually wait a year extral before being called up , and a whole lot of other factors.

BE HONEST HOUSE. WHO IS TO B BLAMED
    Wetin make we do my fellow
    prof. 'toye lanreabolaji...there is no limit to what  i can do,for we ve this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of power might be of God

Re: WOULD YOU FOR ANY REASON FALSIFY YOUR AGE

I will attempt to say something anyway.,I have a friend who is actually more than 30 but serving at the moment.Now,You and I know that beyond the age of 30 you are exempted from service.We were chatting one day and we came across the issue of age and he told me clearly that,in Nigeria it is a tradition to have more than two birth Certs[one cuold be the real birth cert and the other an affidavit].Can you imagine this?!See there are so many poeple our there who really have the qualification and all that it takes to get a hotjob.But you see employers talking of age[Such as you must not be more than this or that! age wise]Recently,Access Bank announced vacansies and said you must not be more than 24[meaning not later than 1984]-I pause to ask how old are most of the gradutes outside there jobless.If you were in this mess with all it takes- having a 1,2-1,or 2-2.What will you do?I rest my case.

OOGGEE, you're right. Also heard of the ACCESS BANK stuff and so also several banks and firms.

They prefer young brains as they believe these brains are sharper and smarter.

In any way, just WAIT FOR YOUR TIME! I think its better than falsifying your age bcos it will bounce back on you some day.

But in my own opinion, the best of best is BE SELF EMPLOYED! As graduates, you have the skills, just sit down and THINK.
    JUST THINK AND GROW RICH!

As per finance, MFBs (MicroFinance Banks) are all over the place and ready to help finance your project. Though you have to smart so they don't outsmart you. So, its all up to you!

GO START SOMETHING!

To your success
    [email protected]

If you need business ideas and strategies, don't hesistate to contact me via [email protected] or [email protected] for a CHAT.
    NB: I'm ready to help you ONLY if you are serious about starting something!

Cheers

its so so annoying, dis age of a thing,i think the issue is wt the federal gvt who can not mk laws to reverse this kind of 'unholy act' carried out in the corporate world.its so frustrating.

[i]You[i][i][i][i][i][i][color=blue][color=red] guys are all right. Some of us had gone thru all the pain, stress and strain to come out with a 2-1, but employers have trampled our 2-1 under feet on the ground of age. Anyway I am one of those that has vowed never to falsify my age to please any employer and dis-please my God.
    I want you all to remember that 'Every good and every perfect gift comes from above...'
    '...and they shall not be ashame that wait on Him'. So why not we all wait on God with whom nothing shall be impossible and get our own perfect job.

don't mind them, the problems started from top (i mean our leaders) most of them find their ways into power thru hanky panky, so they hav no law to make.

Just wait for God's time. He will do it

u've all spoken well. my view; I think the falsification of age is an individual things. u cant allow someone else to tell you what to do. THINK RIGHT!

i belive since we are all graduates, lets think of what to do i.e. having a biz idea and move on with our lives instead of 1.1, 2.1, 2.2, and etc today and age wise everytime. guys wake-up from your sleep. find something else doing.

my testimony, when i finished my ssce, universities and polytechnics refuse to admit me, then I move ahead by doing A'level, immediately my result of out, I've three (3) different admission at the same time in university of Ibadan, Ilorin and Jos. direct entry into 200L and etc.

In my own case, instead of falsify my age, I will rather increase in qualification by going for professional exams & i will by God's grace work anywhere I really wish to.

So, guys think right! you know what is good for you. REMEMBER: CERT. COMES WITH AGE, COMPANIES KEEPS ALL STAFFS RECORD AND ETC. It can back fire at the end, maybe when u are due for a promotion.

Bye,
    Olayinka (08053521440)

bros what do u expect in a law less country like ours.If age becomes a criteria for a job u know u can confortable do well, why not. Taking access bank for instance, that want a 2-1 and 24 years graduate, what are they expecting from the educational development of the country?At that age, our four fathers were still in the high school. And things worked real well and better than what we have now.It is just a way of cutting dowm the crowed of unemployed graduate instead of focusing on how to create job opportunity for the uneployed. Is true it may bounce back sometimes, but if that is what u will need do to get the job please go ahead. but play ur card wella.

Although. is not the best, but if that be the reason why not.

Olayinka i think ure right. I think the best thing to do is to either upgrade ur CV by going for professional training or by going into private business. Though it might not be easy especially with the economic hardships and downfall, it requires training by an expert on the viable businesses to go into, the factors responsible and the expected risks involved.I mean its all worth the while instead of waiting for these useless organisations giving ridiculous conditions for employment. We have to do something fast cos age is no longer getting on anybody's side. Be yourself guys, pray hard and think ahead. God is on our side

Thanks my Brother for the issue on board for discussion. am so happy for. all have said well by saying the problems came from the top (Employers & Government). But i want you to believe something that with God all things are possible. He has a purpose of creating individual soul and it must surely be fufilled except you hindered yourself in getting to that place with falsification of your age. No man can stop you if only you understand the principle of god's pur[ose for you. some may have falsified their ages but the end........., i want us to be sincere with ourselves in all we do and look up unto Himm, let Employers do their own, just have it that you are going to somewhere a head. i want to be tempted to falsify my age in the past but my friend say i shouldn't do so that God will surprise me one day. And today am the only one employed out of 15 applicants with my true age. if i had falsified it, the miracle may not come my way iso much believed that.
    My Brothers let's forget about age falsification and wait on God and he will do it beyond our expectation..... remain blessed

My people na wa for naija o. I dont think i can falsify my age anyway. I think its better not to put ur age on ur cv like i read somewhere, then when/if u're called u tell them ur real age and they still have 2 interview you. I tell u a lot of these companies value honesty and integrity even more than youthfulness. And like someone said its good to gather all d prof. Qualifications u can it will give u a better edge. E go better for us all in dis country
    My latter will definitely be greater than my past.

how far guys!

wat a great discussion's b4 this future leaders of our great country. Barack Obama is 47 years old-true age. i think a time is coming in this country wen honesty will be rewarded with a sense of responsibility and honor.
    If our Fathers were called to pick job offers as i learnt, why would we be jettissioned in our time to bow to a system that encourages fraud and insencerity? Because anyone that can falsify age to get a job can defraud the company if given the opportunity.

hey guys we as a family can speak up, may be your Dad mum or someone is in position to make our little voices heared, pls dont hessitate!

the future of our country must not be left in the hands of insencere people.
    Not that if we cannot nip it in the bud now it will become a monster in the next generation. i know we dont want our children to pronounce curses on us because of wat we couldnt apprehend in our day.

i love you house n i'm praying for u guys to get Awesome job offers that you will be left to make a choice.

Big Joe
    [/color]

My answer to that question is a CAPITAL NO! I have been hoping that we would get to discuss this topic here. I think it is the most underhanded thing anubody should do to get a job. Can you imagine that some people have FIFTEEN (15) different CVs for different jobs? It is TRUE, I personally know one or two people like that. I tell you, most people's conscience are already sealed bcos they blieve they have to do all they can to get the limited jobs available.
    The only pathetic thing is that most of the employers swallow their lies and thereby employ the wrong people for themselves.
    Please, enough of this age discrimination thing, I believe that there are many capable hands who might actually be older than the ages required by the employers.
    I know I will make it with God on my side. You can too!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast