+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: NYSC MASSACRE

Re: NYSC MASSACRE

NYSC is nothin but rubish. it sholud be scraped.

i really thank the almighty God for causing me to be absent at Jos when the incident started because i am also serving presently in Jos. If not for God may be I ll have died too.

i support the campaing against the programme

Massacre-Give NYSC a chance!

My thoughts are with the families of the slain corpers. Its sad and unfortunate!Its disheartening that the government has again failed to protect the people.Taking into account the bigotry that has plagued Jos politics in the recent past,a responsible government is expected to be alert and proactive in preventing such an occurrence.
    That been said, I leave you with a food for thought.Imagine that you've written your final exams in the university,you passed.Then you have to start looking for a job outright without having the opportunity to appreciate the beauty, the diversity of Nigeria. Without the opportunity to jump-start your career with work experience gained during the NYSC year or not to mention the chance of being retained. Often,employers are more comfortable with people they have worked with especially fresh graduates.Many corpers have met with their employers,spouses and other opportunities during this period.
    My take?Lets not throw the baby out with the dirty water. What happened to those corpers, could have happened to the Hausa politician, Ibo businessman,Yoruba lecturer or Birom civil servant resident in the town. Lets be agents of change,one Nigeria! That was the dream of the founders of NYSC!

What is really happening,does it mean that Nigeria has no protection over the Corp members ?
    The Lord is our strenght.

Ask them ooo!!
    be good all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Chiekwu
    What is really happening,does it mean that Nigeria has no protection over the Corp members ?
    Nigeria has no protection over anybody; Corpers inclusive!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Dear Hammon,
    Nigeria has given her calls to the children of her womb.In every situation we must stand as patriot,if some says that NYSC is now your suffering continues, I will say that NYSC is now your success continues.
    Hammon, there are two sides to a coin,the head and the tail.NYSC promotes national unity in this country therefore, it is better to encourage the scheme.
    It is true that we have lost some corp members, it is true that so many youth were posted to places they wouldn't have dreamed going,my beloved corp members this is what we called sacrifice.Let put the pains aside and let us look up for a more glorious country "With dedication and Selflessness", "Under the sun or in the Rain".My fellow youths let us keep on obeying the clarion call

Yours
    Jibowu
    I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

NYSC with the way it stands seeks to force the youths to love the nation. You can't force the youths to love their nation were they do not see hope. There are better ways to it. But i am sure those benefitting(stealing) from the programme with the way it is organized at present would not let go. NYSC must be reviewed. The bane of unity in the country is poverty, And it must be tackled but not with the rubbish called NYSC as it is today.

Thanks to Jibowu for his positive acronym of the name NYSC - Now Your Success Continues. I have just graduated and will be up for service come February 2009 but it saddens me to hear of the news of the attack onto our members and the fact that it will just die down like down.

May God have mercy upon us in this country. We just have to hold onto God for His strength and Grace.

It is a bad tale and suffice to say that no one is standing up for us.
    Remain in Christ and be fulfilled.

PCC

The NYSC is good in prenciple, but it may prove unuseful in the spate of lack of jobs. The government is to blame and must be made to pay for the deaths. Let us wage a campaign against lack of respect for life rampant across the counrty.

it was a bad news when i heard dat some corpers were killed in the course of answering a clarion call, i have never blived in d spirit of NYSC, it was wasting of precious time even though i am presently a corper serving in a bank here in lagos!...it should be SCRAPED PERIOD

I amservin member and i have never been a fan of the NYSC, i think the whole scheme is a total mess, its just a means 4 some bunch to looth money. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by damslee
    hello my name is demola a real victim of NYSC massacre i served in kogi sate in 2007, and i had some problems at home serious problem and i left for 4m mths i came back explaining my situation and up till today my mates has already passed out and i am now left stranded not serving and not yet received my discharge certificate , i really need help from God.
    demola i sympathize with you but i grues you did not take proper permission before traveling...that is why you are suffering. next time do the right thing at the right time. you are an adult and a graduate. assuming you were found to be missing (God forbid) how can your Local Government Inspector explain ur w hereabout?

good luck dear

i have been keenly reading this discussion on whether NYSC be scrapped or not, but i have not seen a single reason in what i have read, rather i am reading through the opinions of the few frustrated young graduates who are still searching for jobs because they were not privileged to serve in the Banks(who retain most corps members) or in choice companies or organizations.
    we, the youth, are the future leaders of tomorrow, and if we will use this medium to rain abuses on our country and leaders, how will the future look like? lets pray for our leaders and hope thay change. most of us here MAY do worse if given an opportunity. our leaders did not surface from space, thay are our brothers, sisters, uncles etc.

the incident in jos is very pathetic, and condemnable, may we not experience such again. Amen, i grew up in the north and i was once a refugee (for 3 weeks in the barracks) during the crisis in 1987, in zaria. my question here is that were the corps members wearing their Kakhi uniform or they were in mufty like any other citizen? we have seen students loosing their lives on their way to the university, many in ABU Zaria were killed in many crisis, does that warrant the scrapping of universities.

i expect some of us to suggest that corps members be insured, not just against death but sickness, or they be registered with the national health insurance scheme (NHIS). we should think of how this scheme can be sustained as other countries in Africa are taking a cue from this scheme.

i wish u good luck in ur job searching.

wait for your time....heaven should be the goal. you can gather all the riches and not live to enjoy it (God forbid).......lets learn to start from little beginning.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast