+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Nigerian graduate are not employable, is it true?

Nigerian graduate are not employable, is it true?

Hi house, i just finished attendin an employability program. We're told employers say we ar not employable.they z we lack d basic skils needed 4 suces @ d work place. Although, i agre wit dis claim, am sure there are som out there wu do nt bliv. Pls,submit ur opinion. I'll b postin d stufs i learnt durin d program in subsequent coments

That 2 me is crazy. The employers have no excuse or reason whatsoever for such claim. There must be a startin point. What abt Nigerians who studied abroad yet no job. I'm not comfortable with the thread. If u say economic hardship, that'll be fair, better still if u had said some are not employable, that might be considered.
    Its as good as saying that Nig graduates are half baked just like your minister of education said -Sam Egwu. Somebody whom all his schooling was sponsored- i mean scholarship.
    @bellafone1: in what way did u now agree with them. I was tempted 2 insult them.

An average Nig. lacks gud communicatn skils,self-confidence & most importantly experience which culd av bn gathered either as a volunteer or intern. Nig. grd. lack d ryt core values such as integrity,accountability,diligence,e.t.c. Nig. Grad ar nt trainabu.
    Yeah,4 a truth, i bliv there ar a few that does nt fal in dis category,bt i bliv a whole lot blongs here.

Is that enuf 2 say Nig. grad are not employable? Action they say calls 4 reaction. Employers who say so dont employ the best strategy in their recruitment. The'll be the first 2 employ their family members instead of who the cap fits best. They'll even end up underpaying them or overusing them. Y then wuld one not expect those anomalies. What has happened 2 the few that u agree r employable? There's no excuse 4 failure and just lik i said "its crazy". The truth is that it seems there's no job but we wuld get there. God bless this country Nigeria

Re: Nigerian graduate are not employable, is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by bellefone1
    Hi house, i just finished attendin an employability program. We're told employers say we ar not employable.they z we lack d basic skils needed 4 suces @ d work place. Although, i agre wit dis claim, am sure there are som out there wu do nt bliv. Pls,submit ur opinion. I'll b postin d stufs i learnt durin d program in subsequent coments
    If you agreed with the saying,then you are not employable and I will advise you to go back to school probably abroad so that you acn be employable.
    You cant give more than what you have
    it's gonna be alright

A pot can't call kettle black. The employers themselves, how competent are they compared to their foreign counterparts?
    Don't forget the nigeria graduates where certified fit by their respective universities, an insult on them is an indirect insult on the institutions that produced them. Unfortunately, most of these employers are products of the same universities.
    We have a problem in this country, laying blames won't solve it, taking actions will.

@baumol
    I've was jst sharin my opinion. That does nt mean i z u ar nt employabu. This is nt wat i claim. I tink it's beta if we fix d problem rather insultin oursef. I gues u alredy av a job. 4 d majority dat doesn't, i tink we can start wit job placement such as volunteerin & internshp afteral,KOFI ANAN started as a volunteer wit UN. Soft employability skils ar nt wat u learn in sch. regardles of whr u sch.,they ar wot learn while by ursef b4 u grad. My brother as hard d market is, there is stil job even places whr they claim ther is no vacancy. It's well

who dare say Nigerian graduates are unemployable? Which Employer said so? i think somtin is wrong wit them. When were they employed? Most of the so called employers had third class during their skool days but now they are the ones asking for a minimum of 2.1 and d new method now is 3Bs and 2Cs.
    when they were employed, did they have good communication skills, self confidence, etc. They were trained and as d day go by in the work place u build more skills.
    Oh God, which employer said this. I wish i was there. I wld have told him dat Nigerians who travel out for studies are among the best.
    During their skool days, did they go thru strike. Was it not a smooth educational system? Abi dem no knw say this strike follow dey build Nigerian graduates. what do they mean?

UBA just brot out their advert for Management trainee for those below 27yrs with Masters. They no dey think.

Wait mk i get work first, dem go see.

Oh Oh, i wish i cld meet dis employer. mk e no be say we dey find work na him go mak them insult tight graduates in d world. make dem time o.

NIGERIAN GRADUATES ARE THE BEST

Quote Originally Posted by praiseudof
    who dare say Nigerian graduates are unemployable? Which Employer said so? i think somtin is wrong wit them. When were they employed? Most of the so called employers had third class during their skool days but now they are the ones asking for a minimum of 2.1 and d new method now is 3Bs and 2Cs.
    when they were employed, did they have good communication skills, self confidence, etc. They were trained and as d day go by in the work place u build more skills.
    Oh God, which employer said this. I wish i was there. I wld have told him dat Nigerians who travel out for studies are among the best.
    During their skool days, did they go thru strike. Was it not a smooth educational system? Abi dem no knw say this strike follow dey build Nigerian graduates. what do they mean?

UBA just brot out their advert for Management trainee for those below 27yrs with Masters. They no dey think.
    Love you guy,We are the best considering the atmosphere where we studied and we still came successfully.
    God will sellopate thier mouth if they repaet it

Wait mk i get work first, dem go see.

Oh Oh, i wish i cld meet dis employer. mk e no be say we dey find work na him go mak them insult tight graduates in d world. make dem time o.

NIGERIAN GRADUATES ARE THE BEST
    it's gonna be alright

Yeah,i agri wit u guys dat we ar d best considerin d conditn unda which we study. Howeva,since we ar d 1 in need of a job & not them(employers). I'll encourage us 2 self-develop ourself.in dis higly competitive job market, evry employa is tryin 2 cut down cost,evry1 of them is lukin 4 d cheapest way of getin d best guy which culd b by raisin d minimum requirements. The body dat claim d statement abov is an NGO commited 2 improvin d lives of naija grad. 2 compesante 4 dis rather dan fixin d blame lyk many of us ar doin, they embarked on a skill acquisitn program ,sponsored by US Gov& Microsoft, dat wil hep make naija grad beta. If u ar rlly interested in d program & wants 2 improv ur employability advantage, u can visit www.leapafrica.org. D program is free & wil take a whole week. Gudluck in ur endeavors.

arrant nonsense. that excuse is too cheap and eevery Nigerian Graduat should take it personally. As graduates we have never been more insulted. whatever jobs one is employed for, one must be trained to perform, and i don't know of any Nigerian graduate who cannot catch up meet the demands of any training at all. i think we have heard these excuses before, they are all too familiar. or maybe we ask these employers what the way out should be.

I only see the statement as a shift of blame. I know myself and I am aware of my capabilities. Whoever is saying that Nigerian graduates are unemployable or half baked is simply a foolish person. Why are they shifting the blame on us/. They failed to contribute back to the society that prepared them so that the upcoming ones would have a friendly environment that would give them the opportunity to showcase their skills. My own view is this, most of our older generation are selfish and self centered. They lack the vision and ideas to transform Nigeria. Let me ask, how many of them are computer literate? What about of internet? If I have my way, I would sue anybody that would open his/her mouth to say that Nigerian graduates are unemployable.

I begin to wonder if some people try to make use of the upper faculty at all. Like a member said, just a bunch of kettles calling bunch of pots black. These same employers cannot stand shoulder to shoulder with their foreign counterparts. This is just a silly way of making excuses. Nigerians youths are brilliant and rugged and as such, we can fit and perform excellently well in any organisation.
    You get stronger anytime that you don't give in.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast