+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: Glo recruitment, check this out!

Re: Glo recruitment, check this out!

This country has nothing in store for we grads,so what are we saying? Government needs to do more in creating employment for its graduates or why is the government producing millions of graduates yearly, if it can't employ them. I never knew of Glo's policy of not employing 2:2 but if it's true, it means the company has failed millions of Nigerian Graduates that patronize their product. What are they giving us in return? Guys, Lets talk sense to the government, they have failed us and we have no trust in them any longer........ I am still proud to be a nigerian anyway, but something needs to be done. Pemox by name......
    pemox4life

Quote Originally Posted by laface007
    Hello,
    As we continue on our quest for the best job placement, I pray the Almighty God continue to be with us.

For the mere fact that we are unemployed doesn’t mean we don’t have power, as for me my case is with GLO. I begin to wonder why GLOBACOM doesn’t take 2:2 applicants; I was told it’s a company policy.

As my own policy, I have decided not to use my GLOBACOM Line again, as I have switched to MTN. I believe if thousands of 2:2 unemployed youth can have a policy like me too, wait and see our much GLO will lose as revenue just in a month.

The power is in your hands, Use it.
    jenddy

hi guy ,
    Likewise, all the geration bank. but no for reel "What will be will be " It is well.

I do not believe the do not want graduates with 2.2
    You see keep trying and have a convincing spirit that you are one of the smart people they are looking for.

please, the bottom line, everyone has to remain hopeful.
    meee

Glo recruitment

My brother, u r a gunuise.Let us think of wht is rgh just lik wha u v said n do it at the same time.Though i am a 2'1 student but i can tell u that ones ability is in his strenght n nt d said certificate.As for me GLO is a non existing tele comm coy as far as iam concerned.O)ne luv.
    ####

It is so sad that companies reject applicants who have have a 2.2 degree talkmore of those with a 3rd class a pass. The fact is that we do not have employment laws put in place and so every potential employer can afford to treat applicants like scum.
    They can even afford to keep us waiting at interviews and test to test our endurance without any explanation.
    There are a lot job related discrimination in this country which needs and has to be addressed. It is not always true that the person with a 1st class or 2.1 degree is more competent than his or her other counterparts. You sometimes wonder how certain graduates where able to graduate with flying colours after interacting with them.
    As far as the age factor is concerned with all the problems one has to contend with before going to school and completing it, How many people actually graduate before some of the age limits specified by the organistions?
    This is a matter that has to be addressed by all relevant authorities like the Nigerian Labour Congress, the ministry of Labour, The National assembly and any other concerned body.
    On the issue of boycotting GLO, though I am not a subscriber, I do not think it is the best approach because there are a lot of similar organisation like it with their unfavourable policies. How many of these would you be boycotting?
    The bottom line is we need employment laws which guide against discrimination, whether age, race, religious, ethnic or whatsoever in this country so that there is a check on organisational employment policies.

Now, if you switch to MTN or Celtel and they also come up with similar structures, you are likely to look for a nitel fixed phone, bah?

Let's re-organize our perception of the work environment. Having a 2.2 or third class is not the point, you may even find out that they are better candidates. Just keep trying, if Glo shut their doors, others are still open. By the time you work more and acquire more skills, that will serve as a better platform of consideration.

It is annoying though, but my brother, pls, go pick your line back, glo has nothing to lose from you.

my guy i also suffered d same fate @ bankphb. But one thing i know is that God would surely make a way4 those who put their trust in Him. let them set their policies, God policy is most supreme. Cheer up and continue 2 use ur line.
    we are what we think we are

I am sorry if i'm rude BUT
    Guys, abeg lets move forward and leave Glo and other culprits with their palaver.
    there are other beta things to do with our time.
    If u r observant, u'll discover that we 've spent close to 1 MONTH on this Glo issue.

Enn ..... enn........
    Pls when is NLNG Interview letters arriving?
    I want answers. tanks

Re:dont mean 2 sound insensitive

dont mean 2 sound insensitive but is glo stil recruiting cant seem 2 see it in their site
    is better to have loved once and lost than not 2 hav loved at all

Its realy disapointing, cus it apears that our so called Govt have disapointed the youths. paper qualification shouldnt and can never be the true test of ones knowledge, after all how many of the 2.1 candidates are able to make it to a very visible place in the nation, Adenuga should go and bury his face in the mud afterall wat did he finish with and his likes, we just pray that their children are able to even finish with a third class........God is never asleep but that does not mean that we shouldnt take our academic life very seriously....................... :

You see, i have read a lot of contributions on this thread and i must say its a bad situation for most of us. I did made a 2.1 but i know several students and frineds of mine who made 2.2 and who i regard as very good. However, i also know some of my friends with 2.2 who currently work with GLO; most of them girls anyway. But i want us to reach out to our brothers and sisters who are still in school, urging them to be studious. The labour market is not friendly at all and we will be doing a great deal if we educate them on the need to face their studies squarely. On my part, that is my candid advice to any undergraduate i coma across now. If i have a 2.1 and i still have to write tests which we know not who will mark, let alone the markers' state of mind and psychological balance at that point, woes betides any one who graduates with soemthing these employers dont wanna see. God is in control sha...

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123