+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Glo recruitment, check this out!

Re: Glo recruitment, check this out!

That is the problem with us in this country. we believe so much in certificate and not in ability. They dont know that sometimes ur ability to get a first class or a 21 in most of our universities depends on your craming pace and not your practical ability. I pray some of these companies will not have problems in the future
    it is my desire to move to the top of my career

dose glo think its all that have 2.1 that read and got it...they must be F&*%^T
    Stupid Men tell Women they Love them, but real Men Show it

I think its only the government via Federal Ministry of Labour that can as a matter of National policy address this pathetic issue once and for all. The issue of dropping glo lines might not just be effective enough to bring a policy change in Globacom. How many are willing to drop their glo lines that they've quoted in their several CVs submitted to companies for job? Lets deal with it Nationally as a matter of policy change.

St. Sola,
    You must be a real Saint sent from heaven. I was not very interested in the topic until i read ur post. U gave the most incisive contribution on this page. Kudos to U.
    Though i made a 2'1 in Engineering from FUTA, I am convinced that my ability surpasses that of most 1st class product in terms of technical ability and creativity. Same goes for 2"2 vs 2"1. I have met and competed with 2"2 graduates who held their own. They should be creating a level-playing ground when necessary. I am not always satisfied with some companies policy of rejecting application from 2"2 grad. I think it's high time people in authority looked into the issue as this will degenerate into a more unpalatable employment situation in our country.

( A friend once told me of a bros who works in PH for one of the top shot OIL firm with OLUWOLE arranged 2"1 after making a 3rd class, though he was equal to the task when tested and interviewed)
    Don't try to do this as this was perpetrated some years ago when the 2"2/2"1 thing was not prominent.

Though highly rated companies in the UK require that u have a 2"1, an ample number of major industry still employ 2"2 graduates. So if a 2"2 cert is still welcome in a more developed economy like that of the UK, I wonder why Naija Industries desert it.

Now is the time for the fight!!!

Its times like these dat make me wish i was a suicide bomber...i'l bomb their f**kn to HELL!
    *~~**Cream De La Cream**~~*

i feel ur pains and i hpoe this will be a great lesson for the likes of us that willsome day become employers of labour.noo hard feelings.

Hey guys, pls dont get too hard on glo, its only a coy policy, if glo closes its own doors, other better doors will open. Beleive in God's policy- He will make a way where there seems to be no way.

my friend dont take all dat to heart not dat am a glo staff or anything...its Nigeria 4 u....hv heard worse news from my friends who work there..glo is violating labour laws but u cares....start creating ur own stuff ..no ideas? get born again n hook up to ur Creator..He knows how to get us all tru these stress..cheers

It's their loss nwayz cos u find the best graduates amongst d 2.2z and 3rd classes
    *~~**Cream De La Cream**~~*

what did his son graduate with....if not for babangida would he have ever even talked of getting this far?did IBB look at his grades before hegot made?no be introduction wey im carry go faaar?

F**K DEM

Hi Guys, I once presented a CV carryg a BSc, 2:2 and MSc from U.I, a student member of ICAN and AICRM and the employer's response was : If only you had a 2:1. My friends in the house, as far as this country is concerned, any firm that stand on this kangaroo policies, passes a message that I am too good for them and it is a wrong policy to stand on .

I really do feel you. Am so fed up with the 2:2/2:1 policy. As was rightly said, it is a case to be fought from the Labour Ministry. But trust our beloved country..... NOTHING WILL/CAN BE DONE.

What about the age discrimination policy in some companies especially GTB, if you are above 25/26yrs old no employment for you.Imagine the rubbish! Do they even realize that our Academic year in the University is as epileptic as the power supply in Nigeria today? i bet they do not live in our world. I graduated from Ife, i spent 8yrs in all doing Law, which was only meant to be 5yrs thanks to ASSU and the incessant Student Union demonstrations and riots. One year masters programme, another one year in Law school and another damn year doing National Youth Service. My dear, tell me how i can manage to work in Gtb and the like with such policies.

I just believe we have lost it as a nation. There are no options. Everyone has to go to Uni, get employed and all that. What about those who want to be self employed? try setting up a business... the economy shows its red eyes, government policies come knocking at the door one way or another.

If this nation was a civilized one, by the time we organize a bouycourt of glo lines, something would be done. But here, no way! nobody is paying attention.

Abeg make we leave matter for Mathias!!

My brother,Ireally feel whayou feel.They seem to forget that most pple wt the so called 2.1 can not even put it into practice,I mean they can not defend that grade.What I know is that GOD IS ON OUR SIDE.
    ALLAH IS MY STRENGTH

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast