+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Topic: AFRIBANK RECRUITMENT SENTIMENT

Re: AFRIBANK RECRUITMENT SENTIMENT

Quote Originally Posted by vingoze
    My guy you just dey wake up
    I no sleep at all!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

I Don't knw d kind of experiences you pple had in ABJ bt i bet in Kano where i wrote d test d situation is different since everything was done in our presence so i guess i wl have to believe dat dos who got the jobs rily deserved it or passed d test. doh is not as if i'm trying to dispute d fact dat tribalism is on its run in naija. But i wld lyk to ask dis qns: 4 dos of us dat keep complaing in wat ways have we bin tryng to help d nation hw times do we fast or prayer specially for d nation asking God 4 her delivery?

You guys should always try to stay objective. Don't get detracted from the most important thing. No matter the obstacles we will get there and at the rightly perfect time. Subjectivity is certainly not the answer. In positions of authority, most of us critics would act the same way. Let's just stay focused on the prime target: getting a job and not 'judgementality'

I am an igala man who has tried to be gainfully employed in Afribank but there seems to be no way yet. If i should complain it would not be on tribalism and sentiment. My guy don't worry it is not yet your time to be taken. If ur time comes no body can stop u. Don't over worry urself to avoid unneccessary fever that may not allow u to write other test that are before u.

i beg to disagree with the initiator of the thread. perhaps there r still a couple of places where nepotism thrives, but i know its been minimized to, say, 90-10, or 95-5 (the former for merits n d latter for 'special candid8s').
    Now i'd say this cos btw oct 08- march 09, i wrote apt tests in 6 banks; presently i've recieved offers from 3 of them(post medicals); 2 others were stalled after final intervw cos of the ongoing recession dat made them suspend recruitment, n i passed one, but didn't hit the cut off. in all these banks, i never knew a soul dat influenced it for me. It was sheer merit. and God. And perhaps my luck too. so keep tryin, n hoping, n jacking dat GMAT well...
    the greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look.

Quote Originally Posted by walttt
    i beg to disagree with the initiator of the thread. perhaps there r still a couple of places where nepotism thrives, but i know its been minimized to, say, 90-10, or 95-5 (the former for merits n d latter for 'special candid8s').
    Now i'd say this cos btw oct 08- march 09, i wrote apt tests in 6 banks; presently i've recieved offers from 3 of them(post medicals); 2 others were stalled after final intervw cos of the ongoing recession dat made them suspend recruitment, n i passed one, but didn't hit the cut off. in all these banks, i never knew a soul dat influenced it for me. It was sheer merit. and God. And perhaps my luck too. so keep tryin, n hoping, n jacking dat GMAT well...
    My guy am with you on this, na only God fit help those of us wey no get human back bone.

hello house,
    it is obvious that these things happen but note that what is yours will not be given to another person.take heart cos God is able
    nadebajo

Thank God finally I was part of the finalist selected for the Afribank DSA job by workforce, like it is, the pay isnt much but for now I think I am just going to concentrate on building myself and my working experience rather than worry about money "but if I see money I go grab am oo". So guys I will be praying for you to scale through the huddles and move on against all odds.

We will all make it one day, that's for sure, either as one Nigeria, or a split up Nigeria trust me, One love peace am out!!!

@vingoze am happy you started to sound objective at dis last thread .....everybody knows their is tribalism but our unity as Nigeria stands on our diversity.......their would never be a split of Nigeria, we as a people have integrated that any form of split, we put us in worst situations than The Sudan and if you think their is any form of peaceful split that is a big NO....PLEASE LET US BUILD A MORE UNITED NIGERIA THAN HAVING IDEAS OF A SPLIT OR TRIBALISM......
    Make use of what God gave you

yep! u guys at naijahotjobs are doing a great job by keeping everyone of us abreast with what's going on... but we should do more of informing than criticizing, afterall , na JOB all man need.

it's good that u all say something u have in mind but the most important thing is be focus leav everything o God to judge do not judge.we will have ourappointted time.

THANKS FOR THE INFO BUT IT CAME LATE.

They Issue is not Igala as per ser But Nigeria content in General.Have u ever visited Skye Bank
    or Wema bank.In Niigeria we get what we have by oportunity not by merit,Afribank is not losing focus instead they are given themselve a big challenge of tomorow.In Skye Bank for Instance 95% of the staff are Yoruba and nobody talk about that,whey then we are complaining about Afribank who many not have 20% Igala as there staff.
    Guy let us make a case for the land and not individuals.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast