+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: ABOUT THE RECENT GLOBAL FLEET RECRUITMENT

ABOUT THE RECENT GLOBAL FLEET RECRUITMENT

If you really want to know what went down with the recent global fleet recruitment you applied for or why you were not called up after all the time, effort and money spent in designing your C.V, application letter and hours spent in traffic, just trying to get to the VGC office of Global Fleet Group, continue reading this post. If you aren’t interested, just click on the “back” icon. No hard feelings. Please take your time to read this ‘cos I spent some time writing this.

First I have 2 questions
    (a) How many Covenant University (CU) alumni have you seen job-hunting on the streets or online (especially on this website)?

(b) Do you wonder why there is hardly any news about the Global Fleet recruitment anywhere?

I will provide the answers shortly. Please just read on.

I had my closest encounter with CU graduates in my NYSC camp, batch ‘B’ October 2007 in Fika camp, Yobe State. Contrary to my expectations, they were a very timid and unapproachable bunch. During camp registration, which happens for the first few days:

(A) If you noticed anybody who kept asking you this-and-that about what to fill in the forms, such a person was definitely a CU graduate (in CU, there ain’t nothing like course forms, departmental forms, faculty forms, e.t.c. everything is computerized which is actually a good thing ‘cos everything these days is IT based).

(B) If you noticed any group of timid friends, huddled together like frightened mice seeking protection from outsiders, those guys were CU graduates.

(C) If you noticed any individual who timidly stood outside the unending queues (especially the allowee queues), with a pondering look of; whether to beg for a space on the queue, jump the queue, or just stand outside the queue praying that someone might just take pity on him/her and allow him/her into the queue; such an individual was a covenant graduate. Last but not least:

(D) If you made a friend in camp, but noticed that such a friend was always reluctant to reveal the name of his/her institution, such an individual was a CU alumnus.

Please note the following:
    (1) I do not use the terms ‘timid’ and ‘timidly’ loosely

(2) All the above NYSC camp observations were made first-hand.

Sorry for the diversion, but I’m only trying to build my point. Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim CEO Global Fleet Group (May he live long) is a member of Winner’s Chapel (May God prosper them). I got information from a very reliable source that stated the following, “Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim told the graduates of CU (which is an affiliate of the Winner’s Chapel), that whenever they graduatefrom the institution, they should not source for jobs, but should approach his conglomerate, therein lies vacancies awaiting to be filled (exclusively for CU graduates)”.

DO YOU ALL NOW SEE WHY THESE GUYS WERE GOING TO BE EXEMPTED FROM THE FIRST STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE? NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHY. You did not get this from me o.

Any critic or doubting Thomas is free to make own researches on the above facts.

In these days of intense and ‘cut-throat’ competition within the workplace and amongst corporations, does incorporating such timid graduates managers, who would later become future heads seem like a good idea? No it isn’t. I have no qualms against CU, Winner’s Chapel or Jimoh Ibrahim. What I am against is that that: why was an advert placed in most of our national newspapers and online to raise the hopes of job-seekers, when in the first place, all vacancies were already filled before the advert even took place?

The answer to questions (a) and (b) previously asked:

(a)I aint seen no Covenant University graduate or alumnus job-hunting

(b)There is hardly any or no news about Global Fleet recruitment because some kind of insider-trading took place and all vacancies were filled by Covenant University graduates.

Any comments or questions can be sent to email [email protected] or placed in the comment box. God will see us through in Jesus name, Amen. Thank god it’s Friday.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: ABOUT THE RECENT GLOBAL FLEET RECRUITMENT

Well, the reason you rarely see CU students looking for Jobs is that alot of companies go to CU to recruit; especially banks. So by the time they're going for NYSC, a number of them already have jobs waiting. So my advice for you is that if you'll send your kid to any Nigerian university, make sure it's Covenant University. He'll get a job as he's coming out; especially if he is intelligent.

ALEXOO, Y THE BEEF FOR COVENANT UNIVERSITY GRADUATES.BY THE WAY, A LOT OF CU GRADUATES ARE STILL JOBLESS SO U DNT VE THE RIGHT INFO.
    UR OBSERVATION ON CAMP WAS AS A RESULT OF BEEF, BCOS U ARE A LIAR. BEING TIMID HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH CU, IT IS WHO THE PERSON IS(CHARACTER) AM VERY SURE THAT IT WASNT ONLY CU STUDENTS THAT SHOWED UR OBSERVATION THAT IS IF THEY DID AT ALL.

BY THE WAY Y ARE U FORCUSIN ON CU STUDENTS, RECRUITMENT IS ALSO DONE IN SOME OTHER SCHOOLS SO BE SURE OF WAT U ARE SAYIN.

i am most highly disappointed by this particular right up.this is simply because we nigerian graduates are found of putting our blames on others.when will we start thinking like graduates?if CU student are getting job offer for reasons best known by their employers that is way too good for them.but i bet it with you that does not change who and what every other graduate from other universitiers will turn out to be in future.God bless CU Grads and Global Fleet.
    GOD BLESS EVERY UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES

make una mind una business akprokosss!

alex0 u need 2 start selln french-fries start up smtin,i go advice make una mind una biz akprokoos.

Mr. alexoo, you should be optimistic and concerned about how you can move forward in the midst of what you assume.
    You appear frustrated and it's not the best for you at this stage. I simply advice that you redirect you energy to something that'll be beneficial to you.

Covenant University Graduates are most privileged and there is nothing, absolutely nothing you can do about it.
    That does not make you irrelevant in any case.

alex o or wateva u call urself,just bcos u'r frustrated doesnt mean u av 2 vent in on CU graduates,afteral all fingers arent equal,wen u av children make sure u send dem 2 private school,banks usuaally go 2 dis private schools 2 recruit the graduates ova there,i av a frnd dat finishd frm CU and is still searching 4 a job,so stop lookin 4 ways 2 blame oda pple....

Well all can see what frustration can do. plz dont blame any body for who He or she is bc all of Us have different destinies.
    My bros. Youe time will come, Jimoh Ibrahim or not
    OBIECHINA Izuu. Onyedikachi

i think u are jst frustrated. i am a covenant graduate n i will nt stand been insulted. ur facts are a blantant lie, i think u do more research, stop using d fact dat u were nt cld 4 d fleet group interview as a cover up. most smething sensible nxt time

Unfortunately, while u may think u're right, ur logic falls behind acceptable philosophical reasoning. Obviously, from ur write up, u have neither worked in HR or managed a project before. In as much as a project manager is supposed 2 anticipate the invisible, at times, impossibles do become possibles which results in adjustments. That u have not heard from Global fleet could be as a result of deliberate or undeliberate reasons. I expect u 2 direct ur anger towards Mr Jimoh and not to CU. CU represents the faith employers have in them. Ask NUC.

HI GUYS I WANT TO JUST THANK ALL THOSE WHO TOOK TIME TO READ MY WRITE-UP. I SPECIALLY WANT TO THANK ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ALSO TOOK TIME TO YAB ME AND CRITICIZE ME. I THANK YOU ALL. I LOVE TO WRITE AND THIS MAKES ME FEEL GREAT TO SEE U GUYS CAN ALSO ANALYZE AND MAKE YOUR OWN OBJECTIVE CONCLUSIONS. I WROTE ON MY OWN OBSERVATION AND OPINION SO PLSSSSS MAKE UNA TAKE AM EASY O.

Alex,u may be write in one aspect,I know that CU graduates are recruited as soon as they graduate.You should remember that a lot of CEOs are members of this church and is normal for "Nigerians" to consider people they can trust first.
    Just work hard, pray and believe in yourself, you could be creative too, who knows you may be the next "Dangote".
    Cheers

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast