+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Topic: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

Re: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Well there have been contending issues between Total and the NNPC over Egina FPSO while Total wanted HHI to do the work NNPC approved Samsung.And this has been generatng a lot of contovesy.Find full story below:
    A few questions;
    So basically, all recruitment geared towards Egina have been put on hold?
    Secondly, are they ONLY recruiting graduates towards Egina projects?
    Have they got no other ongoing project/s that need graduates?
    Has any graduate received an offer letter from Total since Jan 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by area_boy View Post
    A few questions;
    So basically, all recruitment geared towards Egina have been put on hold?
    Secondly, are they ONLY recruiting graduates towards Egina projects?
    Have they got no other ongoing project/s that need graduates?
    Has any graduate received an offer letter from Total since Jan 2012?
    Not at all, I am just explaining the cause for the delay. Egina recruitment will cut across all category of Total staffs: full-time staffs who want to change careers; contracts staffs who will be converted to full staffs when the project kicks off;graduates who will take over vacant positions as a result of promotions and even expatriates who will handle key positions.For your info NNPC has finally approve the project I see everything kicking off in Feb. Wishing you the best.
    Last edited by coolguy; Jan 28th, 13 at 02:15 pm.

Not at all, I am just explaining the cause for the delay. Egina recruitment will cut across all category of Total staffs: full-time staffs who want to change careers; contracts staffs who will be converted to full staffs when the project kicks off;graduates who will take over vacant positions as a result of promotions and even expatriates who will handle key positions.For your info NNPC has finally approve the project I see everything kicking off in Feb. Wishing you the best.

Bro are you sure Total has resolved the situation with NNPC? Please shed some light on this. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gideonyte View Post
    Bro are you sure Total has resolved the situation with NNPC? Please shed some light on this. Thanks
    Well according to Tribune the project was approve by the NNPC

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/i...-north-phase-i

But despite the controversy,

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/...1335bn-project
    http://www.nigeriacommunicationsweek...1335bn-project

The project have not been cancelled yet.They will resolve their differences after all the players involved know themselves.
    Last edited by coolguy; Jan 28th, 13 at 03:30 pm.

Well according to Tribune the project was approve by the NNPC

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/i...-north-phase-i

But despite the controversy,

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/...1335bn-project
    http://www.nigeriacommunicationsweek...1335bn-project

The project have not been cancelled yet.They will resolve their differences after all the players involved know themselves.
    Thanks coolguy!

so we are still waiting.

Clearly, the issues/delays for this Egina contract is directly related to the recruitment delays we are all experiencing. The FPSO contract is one year late and only just concluded (in favor of SHI) following all the news I can gather online. Hopefully, we'll experience some activity from their side very soon.

Any Update

Hello,
    Any thing about Total's Egina recruitment we are now in March bro,please if you have anything kindly share with Total hopefuls.

Legit online businesses still exist. i do it and i make gud money. its called having 'passive wealth' http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=jaysticks1&p=ep

I guess the Egina fpso drama is over. Total has finally awarded the fpso contract to Samsung, two months after GEC endorsed them as the preferred bidder.
    hopefully everyone that needs to be "seen" has been sorted out and we can hope for some movement in recruitment..

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/~trust/...act-to-samsung

Joint venture partners to the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Total Upstream Petroleum Nigeria Limited, has awarded $3.1 billion Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel contract for Egina deepwater oil field to Samsung Heavy Industries.
    Samsung Heavy Industries, with its ship building capabilities and track record of achievements becomes the preferred bidder in a highly competitive bidding conducted by the National Petroleum Investment Management System (NAPIMS), the investment arm of NNPC and approved NNPC GEC (Group Executive Committee) headed by the Minister of Petroleum Resources,Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke.
    The multibillion Egina field in OML130 near Akpo Field, is the third deep offshore development project of the French oil giant in Nigeria with reserve potential in excess of 550 million barrels and a peak production of 150,000b/d.
    Samsung, through its capacity building programme had trained many Nigerian youths over the years in South Korea in various aspects of welding, sandblasting, integrity inspection etc, with American certifications while plans were equally in top gear to train more Niger Delta indigenes in South Korea under its skill acquisition programme to improve the capacity and competence of Nigerians in 6G welding.
    Hyundai Heavy Industry (HHI) bided $3.8 billion for the Egina FPSO while Samsung Heavy Industry stuck to $3.1 billion for the same facility, a development that gave it the winning edge.
    Speaking on the scope of the multi-billion dollar project, Mr Frank Ejizu, the General Manager, Samsung Nigeria Limited, said the new FPSO will measure approximately 330m in length, 61m in width and 33.5m in depth, and is expected to have an oil storage capacity of approximately two million barrels.
    Besides, the FPSO will equally have topside modules with a gross dry weight of 34,000 tons and it will be delivered on schedule for production activities by 2014.
    Mr Ejizu said Samsung Heavy Industries foray into Nigeria dated back to 2002 when it built the first FPSO, BONGA with a 304,400 DWT for Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC.

Goodnews HOPE THE CALL UP WILL BE ROLLED OUT NOW EARNESTLY,WE HAVE WAITED FOR SO LONG.

Hoping we receive our letters of employment soon. This long wait is horrible!!!!!

+ Reply
Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast