Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Topic: SRD Invitation

Re: SRD Invitation

@lookingforward, I disagree with u on the fact that shell wants to call only 45pple for SITP. My reason is bcos last year was shell worst year in terms of business in recent times and they employed abt 74pple, dis year, shell is already makin profit and there is a serious mandate on the IOC to create and employ nigerians infact that is the presidents major headache now, so I see no reason why shell will decide to reduce the number of ppls for SITP. I believe that what might be causing dis delay colud be that they are waitin for vacancies from various dept within shell and compling the number of pple they might be retiring based on redundancy (manager or those top staff that drink only tea in the office witout contributing to the table but collect fat pay). They do dis exercise every year but they have not done that of this year. Like I said earlier its my opinion oh. So dnt quote me.

lookingforward, where do u get intel from? u are very close to the exalt figure SITP rm mgt is preparing for. based on the numbers of Rms they were asked to prepare.

but I pray and strongly bliv that the number will be greatly top.

they must have increased that number by now.

[quote=oilprince ]
    u are very close to the exalt figure SITP rm mgt is preparing for. based on the numbers of Rms they were asked to prepare.

where did u get the info abt the room numbers that was asked to be prepared. pls be more specific.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oilprince
    lookingforward, where do u get intel from? u are very close to the exalt figure SITP rm mgt is preparing for. based on the numbers of Rms they were asked to prepare.

where did u get the info abt room numbers being prepared? pls be more specific.

thanks

@oilprince: I am still laughing at your last quote. How can you take awa any information from the guys who prepare rooms?!

So if there are really 45 people coming, these 'room management' folks will prepare only 45 rooms and leave the remaining in disrepair?

I also got info from some estate service guys in edjeba Vila that they were told to prepare 50+ space. It is possible that the 50+ are in addition to the 74 being used by the last set. This was a day to the passing out day

guys, guys guys, let analyze all this info and come to a reasonable conclusion:

1.Some guys where sent mails bout their success in SRD last year, of which some had gone for medical while some where placed on hold and told that they will be contacted within the next 12 months pending when they find suitable positions for them. all of these guys are yet to get their offer letter

2. earlier this year Shell advertised for SITP on a very "coded" way ,of which they refused to publish the openings in the National dallies which was the standard practice. I believe they did this because the number of people they want this year is very few.

3.The aptitude test came barely a month after after the applications for openings closed,the test were written in 3 days each in only Lagos and Port Harcourt as against Lagos, PH and Warri in previous years. In previous years over 6000 applicants write the test but this year, from my calculations I think a max of 3000 people wrote.

4. Then came SRD which lasted only about a month in Lagos and Warri of which I heard from a very reliable source that 250 were shortlisted and only 50 people are needed this year,as against the usual 400 to 100 in previous years

5. My opinion about the Special 20 that were called for SRD in PH was that they are more of the host communities candidates who did well in the test but were initially not called. (this guys to me were called because I heard again from a reliable source that this year's HR standard for SRD is very very high and that some of the fist batches that did their SRD in warri did not perform well at all)

From this will can infer that Shell's Priority is the successful SRD candidates of last year , while this year's successful applicants will be merged with them.

I dont think it is business savvy to take only 50 people when you have a class that can take 100+ people .

I can finally conclude that total of grads in SITP class this year should be 80+

Regards

@og2711: lol...........ur very hilarious !! good to c dat despite the anxiety, members of dis forum still ve humour..

Well this coming week shall bring good tidings...pls keep d hope alive...

I believe shell should take their normal no. for dis batch of SITP i.e 45 from d just concluded SRD + approx 50 from those on d waiting list..

Quote Originally Posted by Og2711
    @oilprince: ....... ..... How can you take awa any information from the guys who prepare rooms?!

dem say we should help keep this thread alive and for pple with BP to stay clear.

Og2711, are U one of the guys preparing the rooms?

I think tshinan coment make great sense. that No. must be in addition to the 74.

...I think tshinan coment make great sense. that No. must be in addition to the 74.

I can't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by oilprince

dem say we should help keep this thread alive and for pple with BP to stay clear.

Og2711, are U one of the guys preparing the rooms?

I think tshinan coment make great sense. that No. must be in addition to the 74.
    lwkmd! Una no go kill person oh

Quote Originally Posted by Og2711
    @oilprince: I am still laughing at your last quote. How can you take awa any information from the guys who prepare rooms?!

So if there are really 45 people coming, these 'room management' folks will prepare only 45 rooms and leave the remaining in disrepair?

@ oilprince the if really u want to base ur conclusion on the number of room that means there won't be anybody attendin SITP dis year cos DPR uses shell edjeba(their rooms and other facility) for their induction for new intake which is just around the corner.my guess is that they are fixing abt 45rms that are not in good condition cos its their duty to make sure the facility is always in good condition. Abi those wey dey maintainace for there go only dey work wen SITP no dey on? They are just doin their work. Besides shell edjeba is not only for SITP but a shell facility for all sorts of training and business.

Closed Topic
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast