Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Topic: SRD Invitation

Re: SRD Invitation

2 days notice?

Thats really absurd. I was only applying rational thinking to my analysis.

@kawu2002: thanks for that info
    @favoured: I like ur 'thot', tho they really sound like ur 'thot'. I dont tink shell will go to the extent of inviting non niger-deltans just to disguise the ploy.
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

@favoured & all. I ve always thot in dat line too but wit minor variations. I ve alwys felt those called were those who had an average performance & shell was trying to use a sort of quota system to consider them. I ve always thought dat those initial 240(1st 3 weeks) who werent called were outrightly accepted or rejected (based on their performance) but those called were still being considered. But d theory has a loophole-it's not only niger deltans dat were called. But dat can be solved logically; shell (& other IOCs) believes in diversity & so shell will like to take people 4m evry part of d country but wit emphasis on d people 4m d host community, & dat was y other indigenes such as kano were recalled. So i think shell considers merit, federal character &host communities. I believe am right. I call dat the Favoured-w9999 theory!
    From all the info and comparison gathered 4m dis yr's SRD & dat of last yr, i can vounch 4 d transparency of dis recruitment process if it goes beyond dis week

@denass: I am with you and so that 'distractive ploy" don't get down well with me.
    @all: Another authorative source confirmed What Bernard Said: END OF THE Month.
    @all: How Many are Shell taking 4 the SITP this YR?

@house wats d matter nah. Everyone don abandon dis thread cos of say dem go do call us by month end? Na wa oh. Let's still share our infos at least. Well called some insider and he said he placed a call to the big lady in H.R and she said the process is still on. They are still tryin to take a good decision an the process cos they have got some pple on their waitin list as well. May GOD almighty help his children.

@ wemustmakeit: Why don't you just let the matter rest for the now. People's BP have been slowly returning to normal and you want to now make it skyrocket again. I personally feel it's best if we all just relax on the matter until they start calling. The info you shared just now is nothing new, so you understand what i mean.

the poster 'biniman' actually fainted because of this matter in his office, and he is only just returning to normal now..

@ogz211 lol.

Ahan Og2711, chill na. Previous years have had similar threads run thruout the whole recruitment process. Theres nothing new there. Its a free world. If u hav high Bp issues, then u may stay away from the thread or forum. JMHO. No offense meant, sir!

I dont come on here as often anymore. I also realised that Im more likely to see the news in my inbox first than on this thread but I really hav enjoyed being a part of it so far and am really grateful for all the info shared here.

Im not sure I really get the high bp thing tho. Is it a do or die affair? Did we not all put in our best at the SRD? Then the rest is not in our hands. We can pray also for Gods grace, to thank Him in good or bad news, to be grateful if the outcome is positive and be gracious n strong if the outcome is negative.

Have a great weekend all!

OOOh!!

That was my 100th post. Wowza sailor!! Ha! I told u this forum makes me giddy, didnt I?

@impish: you only don't understand the BP because you probably have something good to fall back on in the event that it doesn't work out. Some guys really believe that if e no work out, then they are as good as dead. E.g. 'Biniman'

Then again, there are people like me who just don't like waiting. I believe they should just release the results and let people get over the whole process already!! Anyhow you look at it, getting into shell is an important part of ANYBODY's life and so the less anticipation one gets about it, the better..

^lol, guy, I feel u. Its not that I have it good, its just that Ive done my best n theres really not much I can do anymore. I also dont like waiting, I really wish they wud just release the results already! I feel like they made up their minds imm. they saw us at SRD whether they were taking us or not so I dont believe they r "still making decisions". But na dem no jare. I cant shout!

I could sound like a broken clock now, when i say the reason for the delay is because of the competitive nature due to the little number Shell Nigeria is willing to recruit. Not everybody will make it obviously, but my word is that whatever the outcome, as long as you were able to make it to the SRD stage, you have the innate ability to survive this Nigerian job market so just be patient. the number they require now is 45 compared to ususally double of that they normally require.
    you can do the simple mathematics and realise it makes the job more difficult for the recruiting team. patience is the watch word and i won't commit myself to a speculative timeline.

@ lookinforward: I doubt that number. Call it hope/ expectation but it seems impractical. For one, the extra people were not 11 as originally thought but 20. It just seems hard to understand why they'd call more people to the over 200 they already had to select only 45 people.

But then again, until they call, then we'll know the number...

Closed Topic
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast