Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Topic: SRD Invitation

Re: SRD Invitation

Guys,na whao, Na only Ibo and Yoruba people full Shell o. No wonder it's almost only Niger Deltans they're interested in.
    If you're Ibo or Yoruba, you have to pray very very well.

Seems we won't be hearing anything this week from a reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by InGodITrust
    Guys,na whao, Na only Ibo and Yoruba people full Shell o. No wonder it's almost only Niger Deltans they're interested in.
    If you're Ibo or Yoruba, you have to pray very very well.

Seems we won't be hearing anything this week from a reliable source.
    @InGodITrust: Guy, which ones now? If they were interested in only Niger-Deltans then why did they invite everyone from every part of the country? May I remind you that some people used 'levo' to pass the first stage test but as far as I know you can't use that during your SRD. Shell too would have learned their lesson from the previous set (the ones before the guys graduating tomorrow) of which some did not make it through the 1-year SITP program. The story that we were told that once you've made it through to the SITP stage you are already a staff is not completely true, if you fail the program you will be fired and I am sure Shell knows better than wasting millions on people they would end up not employing.

So please forget abt the idea of automatic employment based on where you came from. What I believe is that Niger-Deltans might get a fairer share of the quota of intakes but it would still be based on merit.

Stop putting unnecessary fear in the minds of all potential candidates abeg!

Yeah I agree stop putting unnecessary emphasis on this nigerdelta bias. Shell takes based on merit and yes nothing is happening this week

If nothing is truly happening this week, I wonder how Shell hopes to meet up its proposal to start SITP by 1st week in September as was told some during SRD.

Yeah I agree with u guys. I am not a Nigerdeltan and I personally recvd a call b4 the recruitment started to apply for this SITP. I had dropped my cv at a recruitment fair last november. I made it this far not because I am Yoruba but becaused I passed the test and hopefully I will pass the SRD too. Shell may wind up recruitin more NDans but thats just logical isnt it. If reports r true n about 70% of SRD participants are from ND, then it only makes sense that if 50 are chosen, 35 of them MAY be from ND. quota/bias or no quota/bias.

Guys relax, enuf of quota or bias talk. Really! All of that was in the past. Now, its purely based on merit IMHO. N if one is not chosen, its not cos he doesnt hail from Warri, its cos he performed crappy at the SRD. Finito!

Quote Originally Posted by impish
    Yeah I agree with u guys. I am not a Nigerdeltan and I personally recvd a call b4 the recruitment started to apply for this SITP. I had dropped my cv at a recruitment fair last november. I made it this far not because I am Yoruba but becaused I passed the test and hopefully I will pass the SRD too. Shell may wind up recruitin more NDans but thats just logical isnt it. If reports r true n about 70% of SRD participants are from ND, then it only makes sense that if 50 are chosen, 35 of them MAY be from ND. quota/bias or no quota/bias.

Guys relax, enuf of quota or bias talk. Really! All of that was in the past. Now, its purely based on merit IMHO. N if one is not chosen, its not cos he doesnt hail from Warri, its cos he performed crappy at the SRD. Finito!
    Well spoken brother...enuf of the quota and bias talk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by positivethinker
    If nothing is truly happening this week, I wonder how Shell hopes to meet up its proposal to start SITP by 1st week in September as was told some during SRD.
    I think we should take it slow..............

Whether August, Sept, Oct or even Dec. it shall surely come to pass.

the company may want to consider other issues b4 invitations.
    stuffs like:
    Assessment of the SITP facilities,
    State of rooms/SITP quarters after 5th PO ceremony
    upgrade to full capacity if necessary .......... (accommodate more)
    maintenance/repairs ............ (opened roof in SITP Lab)

So, no need for BP

Yeah i agree with you oilprince but all these points you just listed should not affect the choice of informing the successful candidates this month.

The earlier they make the verdict known the better one can prepare for the future whether successful or not.

see! those guys busy emphasizing on this niger-delta issue should stop! some of us like the little hope we can get and that issue is not helping matters! which wan be Niger-Deltans-special-consideration again? Well, I also heard there is a special concideration for the notherners, too (just kidding!)
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

@denass & all. I agree wit u. Shell wouldnt ve called us to d SRD if we didnot have a chance of success. Lets stop emphasizing niger-delta, north, yoruba, etc. Tho am not a prophet, not all niger-deltans wil b succesful. Also, not all non-niger deltans wil make it either. Its divisive. Lets just pray 4 success cos am sure nobody had a perfect show in d SRD.
    To those goin 4 d Sitp POP 2moro, try & get some info 4 d house

Hello people. This is my first post here and it's a question. Is there anyone who didn't get a call after the SRD asking for their states of origin, local government and community?

Thanks a lot.

@ w99999......totally agree wit you....and those going to the 'Passing out Parade' on august 5....how do you intend to get in when you are not a staff of SHELL?

@jeebe: yes, alot of us dint get that.
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

Closed Topic
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast