Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Topic: SRD Invitation

Re: SRD Invitation

@ dexter: it was 21st and 22nd. I honestly did not hear of any other days in Port Harcourt. Do not know why just these states, but another rumour is that they just discovered commercial oil in Kano/Jigawa. At least we know that they are finished and it is now to wait for (MY) medical letter :-D

Funny enough we overheard an interviewer saying they knew that some people used 'the level(levo)'...

@Og2711: By 'levo' do you mean either...'leg' or 'connection' etc.?

@ Dexter: no, I mean the expo for the test..

kau

@og2711,

that ratio 3:1 sounds scary. Did you confirm that?

I think they're going to put some candidates for this year on waiting list.
    They experience was ok for everyone in my group. denass was in my group.

Hope urs went well.

............Well...........@ kau.......looking at trends over the years.....in 2008, i am informed that they took about a 100....and in 2009, i also heard that they took about 76.............judging from the fact that we were about 240+ 11 dat took the tests.........if they decide to take about 80, then that makes it 1:3 as og2711 says............but not to worry, we are hoping for favour arent we?

So if those 'voices' are telling you you did well, then be hopeful, and if those 'voices' are scaring you, remember that you are not the assessors.....

God dey!

P.s.
    Wen i spoke wit Nkoyo on the 1oth of july, she sed shell get back to us in 2-3 weeks.....

So i suppose the d-day would be next week.....like i sed, lets be positive!!

and from wat og2711 sed, it appears dey are trying to be 'national' in their selections.......................likei sed, lets still be positive

@ smartblackboy

You seem to have left out those who have been put on hold since last year...if you factor in those people (if we have an idea of the number and if Shell is still planning to take them in this year) and if they still insist on the 1:3 ratio would bring the number of successful people in this SRD to less than 80 if you get what I mean.

PS: This is all based on assumption so please don't panic at the idea being suggested.

Well let me add my own "from a reliable source". I heard they want only 50 out of about the 250 that was called this year cos they intend to add the previous 2009 srd grads that have gone for medical,heard they are about 60 in numbers (and from recent statistic SITP class is about 100 max), whom they sent mails yesterday that they are trying to find positions for them that they should hold on .so hopefully this year's SITP would start by sept 1st.

@ Biniman: that is not even possible. It means that last year when there were problems in the oil and gas sector they originally planned to take 136 people? Not likely.

I have actually spoken to one of such guys in waiting who actually did medicals and he says from all his enquiries, he has only been able to identify 3 such guys. He said that most of the guys who claim to be on the waiting list did not actually do medicals and sadly are not really in waiting.

That's my bit sha...

kau

Na whao. All kinds of reliable sources.

The point is most people don't like to say they've been unsuccessful but time will tell.

Have you guys really really really thought about what could be the reason behind Shell calling more candidates for SRD? C'mon, there's definitely something for more than half of those that made the SRD even if it's placing some on waiting list again.

But then, let's just keep our fingers crossed.

God is in control.

@Og2711 what do u understand by pple on waitin list? last years performance was really good so they had alot of successful SRD applicant but only few openings cos of Niger Delta issue. this year shell purposely called few applicants for SRD in other complete those on their waitin list. Shell does not throw away applicants that have scaled thru their SRD for your information that is why they put them on that list. besides if about 240+11 went thru SRD, whats the probability how many pple scalin thru. in other to contain their last year spill, then invited on about half compared to last year that SRD ran for 5weeks in 3 various locations simultaneously (about 550 - 600 pple). so ur thinkin of only those that did medicals are on waitin list is totally wrong. besides if someone has done medicals and have not being called calls for worry cos last year, after SITP commenced in August, shell called 2 other guys by December to join them but not for SITP and those pple did not do medicals. with all dis info what do u think. besides wot did u do with ur 350,000dollars for the community development

@ wemustmakeit: Abeg no make me laugh. Which one be $350k again inside? I do market with fishing.
    Maybe what you say is true, there is no way of knowing till they finally call everyone with either good or bad news. I only just said the one i heard. Plus if there were so many from last year, why bother adding the remaining 11 to this year?

No wayo sha. Make we dey siddon look. Promise to holla you once my letter comes in!!

@ wemustmakeit and Og2711:

My 2 kobo is this; it would be very wrong of Shell to put guys on waiting lists while having no plans to employ them and we know the HR dept. needs to run an SITP recruitment programme every year (or every 2 years as the case may be) even if they have vacancy for only one person.

So I'll just say that they plan to take people from last year and this year but in any case I don't see any reason in spilling over candidates till next year when you recruited them for this year's SITP.

U should all relax. like @kau pointed out, shell called more guys for the srd and they wouldnt do that if they werent needing more pple. Afterall, they were sent rejection mails at first, y call em after that if they dont need em? I think we need to relax, if we are going to make it, we will. If not, we wont. We all just need to pray.
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

Closed Topic
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast