+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Topic: Shell calling for SRD

Re: Shell calling for SRD

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst2011 View Post
    Yes, i do. A lady from my SRD group resumed as "Trainee Process Engineer" on November 1st. Would try to find out how many chemical engineers from her. Its less of your field of study and more of the 3 departments you filled in your form on the SRD day. Have a great week.
    @Catalyst2011, Thanks so much for the information. It will be nice if you are able to get information about the number of Chemical Engineers that were offered employment from your the lady from your SRD group.

Please, Do you know if regret mails were sent out by Shell recently, after the November 1st resumption date of some candidates, to some of the candidates who went through the SRD and were awaiting medical invitations?

That would be veery difficult because all chemical engineers are not posted to the same department. And about rejection mails after resumption date, i honestly do not know. But be rest assured that i will do my best to get ant info that can help us. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst2011 View Post
    That would be veery difficult because all chemical engineers are not posted to the same department. And about rejection mails after resumption date, i honestly do not know. But be rest assured that i will do my best to get ant info that can help us. Cheers
    Thanks so much for your responses. Regards.

Hi, does anyone know of any CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGR. that has been called for medicals so far (including the Nov. 1st batch)?
    thanks
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST ONLY TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

@Strong...In response to your question, to the best of my knowledge no civil engineer has been called and I'm fairly certain of that. News filtered in that this would be done with a new technical batch in early january, though I can't guarantee the reliability of this info. Will keep the house informed as I hear more. Merry Xmas hopefuls.

Quote Originally Posted by HansZimmer View Post
    @Strong...In response to your question, to the best of my knowledge no civil engineer has been called and I'm fairly certain of that. News filtered in that this would be done with a new technical batch in early january, though I can't guarantee the reliability of this info. Will keep the house informed as I hear more. Merry Xmas hopefuls.
    pls wat do you mean by a new technical batch.

Quote Originally Posted by mbello View Post
    pls wat do you mean by a new technical batch.
    I meant they r feelers that they'll call up some more technical peeps for offers by early january. But that's all they are, feelers!

Please does anyone know whether Elect/Elect have been called?

@ Kessy2011..Yes..New intakes from every discipline within which shell had vacancies have gone in. Hence, calling is based on relevant vacancies.

@Catalyst2011 Thanks for the info. But i am an Elect/Elect candidate and they haven't got back to me after my SRD. So if they are taking people based on vacancies available does it mean they have filled all the Elect related positions? Are they going to call those of us that have not been called ? Or is that the end of the 2011 SRD? I don't understand what Shell is doing. Please anyone with useful info should just drop it.

@Kessy..These details i do not have. What i can tell you with 100% certainty is that the process is ongoing. I have communicated with staff both officially and unofficially and have verified this info. They even sent me a mail in response to an enquiry i sent telling me to expect communication from them as soon as there is an update. The issue is that the eradication of the SITP implies that a pool of qualifed applicants be kept to fill any vacancies that may arise. So the info i got from an SRD panelist is that the list is arranged from high scores to low scores and candidates are picked from it in a top-down approach as vacancies appear in "relevant disciplines". This explains the 2 petroleum engineers who did their medicals in Novemebr and are to resume on January 5th. Stay hopeful, but please..don't wait for this. Live as though you ddidn't have this. When it comes..it will be a pleasant surprise..If it doesn't, then we'll apply again in March. God bless.

@catalyst. Thank you very much for the clarification. I will remain hopeful. It is my prayers that all of us that are waiting for them get called so that we can leave the labor market. Every year fresh graduates join us choking the market. I just hope that we can leave on time so that the competition can reduce because the competition now is so intense. As for your advice that i look somewhere else i am doing that & i know you are doing that as well. But it has not been easy. Anyway may all of us continue to put our trust in Almighty God. He will never disappoint us.

@kessy2011, you've really said it all. As for me, I'm gonna do my very best in 2012; in everything I do, I will continue to give it everything. May 2012 land us our dream jobs; and most importantly, may that Job also be part of God's plan/will for our lives. GOD BLESS US ALL, AMEN.

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE TO ALL FELLOW NAIJAHOTJOBS MEMBERS!

+ Reply
Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast