+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Topic: Shell calling for SRD

Re: Shell calling for SRD

Please, Where are the medicals being held?

Quote Originally Posted by Engr.. View Post
    Beefing?
    Dnt get me wrong,why wud I ever do dat?
    Wat I want him to understand is that, in this recruitment process the fact that u hav Msc does not giv u an edge over some1 who doesn't.
    Ur performance in d test,interview is wat matters.
    Guy its okay. like princecharm said, you dont have to beef. Every body understands how the recruitment process works. you should have read my previous post, I clearly understood it. But the truth is, your body language sounded like you were beefing. it wasn't hard for anybody to notice. Dont blame princecharm for assuming. he probably saw it as disrespectful.
    I like your zeal though, you have been very useful to this forum. I hope you get the job, I hope we all do. By the way, Shell has started calling again.

Quote Originally Posted by lettheliteshine View Post
    Guy its okay. like princecharm said, you dont have to beef. Every body understands how the recruitment process works. you should have read my previous post, I clearly understood it. But the truth is, your body language sounded like you were beefing. it wasn't hard for anybody to notice. Dont blame princecharm for assuming. he probably saw it as disrespectful.
    I like your zeal though, you have been very useful to this forum. I hope you get the job, I hope we all do. By the way, Shell has started calling again.
    @lettheliteshine: Started calling who?

Quote Originally Posted by Engr.. View Post
    Beefing?
    Dnt get me wrong,why wud I ever do dat?
    Wat I want him to understand is that, in this recruitment process the fact that u hav Msc does not giv u an edge over some1 who doesn't.
    Ur performance in d test,interview is wat matters. @Engr, ur comments sounds as if u are beefing
    Just to add my usual small opinion. I am not taking sides, neither am I predicting doom for anybody's employment chance(s) with Shell, but I would like to say one or two things that I know about Shell.

Now, the people 'I' know who work for Shell don't have master's. They are just B.Sc graduates. They graduated from Akoka(figure that out). I think they got into Shell last year. Master's is not really 'the' huge plus a person must have before he can work for Shell. There are other vital soft skills that are expected of prospective employees. In fact, Shell is more interested in what you have to offer as clearly stated in their Capacity, Curiosity blah blah blah. I know of many master's students that were rejected by Shell for this year's summer internship in The Hague, Netherlands. I also heard of a number of 'just' B.Sc holders that were accepted into the internship programme in lieu of the master's students. And please don't say I am beefing anybody because I, myself, am a master's student.

Another thing people have to be aware of is this: That you are a student doing a particular programme does not necessarily mean that you are going to successfully complete the programme at the stipulated time. I have seen many people who were students of a particular course, but failed to complete the course. In all honesty, the certificate that a person truly holds at a given time is the person's academic qualification at that time; no more, no less. As an illustration, consider two guys. Let's call them Mr. A and Mr. B. Both already have their B.Sc degrees; however, Mr.B is a master's student at a top university on planet XY while Mr.A is not a master's student. Assuming Mr.A has not studied for any other qualification since obtaining his B.Sc, and Mr.B went straight from B.Sc to master's, please, tell me, besides their B.Sc degrees, what are their highest qualifications? What higher qualification(as evidenced by a certificate or any paper signifying programme completion) does Mr.B have that Mr.A does not have?

The answer to the above question will clear the air on whether there is beefing or not..

Peace!

I still cnt understand why sm ppl will still think I'm beefing,just cos I ddnt post wat u wanted to hear?,I posted d truth as it is,Masters or No masters u ar still applying for GRADUATE recruitment.
    A lot of ppl view this thread but dnt say anythn,I hav learnt a lot in NHJ frm wat other ppl post here, dats why I try to post any piece of useful info I hav for others to see,I dnt comment on wat I dnt know anythn about,but sm ppl dnt appreciate dat,they ar even calling it beefing.
    I think its better I say less so as not be tagged witsome more names,d less I post the better sm ppl here will feel,

if I hav offended any1 in anyway,pls I'm sorry,Peace.

@ Engr. please dont take offence....tempers tend to get frail especially in this critical part of the recruitment process...and common reason flees most people including me...i have a feeling some of the follow up commentss were just done to trigger a word battle. Please lets all keep praying for Gods favour.
    @lettheliteshine: please explain further...started calling for medicals and when is it...thanks
    Engr.. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kessy2011 View Post
    Thanks Toluluck for your concern & encouragement. But i am scared of the number that have been invited so far for medicals. Those that did SITP last year were less than 30 from what i heard. So if 25 persons have been invited for medicals then it stands to reason that the chances are very slim for those of us who have not been invited. I am still very prayerful about it because non of us that did SRD in my group have been invited for medicals altho 4 out of the 8 of us have been rejected.

Is there anyone that did SRD in July, at Port Harcourt that have been invited for medicals? Please ur response would be highly appreciated as it may go a long way to calm tense nerves.
    yes they have been invited

Have they invited anybody still doing Msc?
    they've invited someone i know who is still doing MSc

any new invitation for medicals scheduled for next week

@Toluluck: Do you have any idea if a chemical engineering graduate has been invited for medicals...
    @all Any person that has info should pls reply to ease tension.....

How do you guys get invited for this SRD in the first place?

Pls, make it clear. Have they started calling another group for medicals or what? I want to know bcos i am still xpecting to be called. Pls, the info would be very useful to me.

@kessy2011....To the best of my knowledge,no more SRD peeps have been sent medical test invites since last tuesday. They'll definitely send more along the line, as they assess srd performance vis a vis the available number of entry slots for this year. Since there aint no more SITP in warri,I doubt there'll be a simultaneous starting date for all the new intakes, so that means there's still hope ƒ?? those yet to do medicals.

On a personal note though,I'm yet to hear of any civil engineering medical invitees from the previous batch invited. Does anyone in the house have any info to the contrary??

+ Reply
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast