+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Topic: SHELL CALLING FOR INTERVIEW

SHELL CALLING FOR INTERVIEW

I recieved an E-mail from shell inviting me for an interview on the 25th of June. Has anyone here recieved the same? Does anyone have an idea of how the Interview is?

Thanks to this website. I got the info for the application on this website:

Re: SHELL CALLING FOR INTERVIEW

pls tro more light.thanks

I applied for this job:http://www.naijahotjobs.com/index.ph...c,46721.0.html

I have a masters degree in Information systems and i received this email today:

Dear ademola victor,

Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with Shell. Further to your application, we are pleased to invite you to attend an interview.

Your interview will take place at one of our offices: The Corporate Recruitment Centre, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Gate 3, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani Port Harcourt or alternatively, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Freeman House, 21/22 Marina, Lagos.

Please book an available interview slot & interview venue by accessing our interview timetable at
    (LINK REMOVED)
    Logon using the ID and Password created at registration stage. Then select a suitable time and date from the options available. As interview slots can fill quickly, we advise you to make your selection as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please note, if you cannot access the above link, copy and the full URL into your Internet browser.

Should you have any questions about your interview or booking yourself into an interview timeslot, you may find these have been covered in our frequently asked questions, please visit www.shell.com/careers/graduates/ivfaqs. If you experience any problems with booking your interview please contact myself as soon as possible.

Interviews are on a one-to-one basis and will last 45 minutes. There will be a five-minute career discussion at the beginning of the interview where you will have the opportunity to state your career preferences, and let us know how flexible you are able to be about work location, etc.

We will be looking for candidates to demonstrate Shell’s three core values - Honesty, Integrity and Respect. Throughout our recruitment process, we assess you against CAR (Capacity, Achievements and Relationship). You will be asked for evidence of your Achievement and Relationship skills to date, as well as being given the opportunity to analyse an issue that is current to global companies (Capacity).

As part of our commitment to a common business language within Shell, your interview will be conducted in English. Visit our website at www.shell.com/careers prior to your interview for useful advice and information on our recruitment process.

On arrival please report to the main reception, where someone will meet you and direct you to the interview room.

Any reasonable budget/standard travel expenses incurred will be refunded to you on production of receipts, but please note that we are only able to refund taxi fares in exceptional circumstances.

If travelling is inconvenient, a telephone interview can be arranged. A telephone interview will not disadvantage you in any way, and is more flexible in relation to dates and times.

Due to the amount of applications we receive, if you cancel your interview without extenuating reasons, or fail to attend your scheduled interview without notifying your relevant Shell Contact or without an extenuating reason, we will withdraw your application.

If you no longer wish to proceed with our recruitment process, please decline the interview so that we can close your file. If we do not receive a response from you within 30 days of the date of your original notification of an interview, we must assume that you wish to withdraw from our application process.

Thank you once again for your interest in the Shell Group, and we look forward to meeting you soon.

Kind regards
    Shell Recruitment

After clicking the link,my date was confirmed.

You have confirmed your appointment invitation with the details below:

Company Name: Shell
    Position: Employment
    Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009
    Time: 08:00 AM
    Venue: Shell Petroleum Development Company - Lagos
    Contact Person: -
    Contact Person Email: -
    Contact Telephone Number: -

Good luck with your application.

Has anybody gotten this and who has an idea of how the interview is.

Congrats Victor,

This is a step to break thru. I wish u all d best. Basically its going to be an interview to see how much u can relate with current happenings in the industry nt sure if its going to be streamlined with ur field or the oil industry as a whole bt u need to desmonstrate ur understanding of issues and how u can tackle them which is under capabilty also u need to desmonstrate how much of a team player u can be wot u hv done in the past how did u go abt it. itS GOING TO BE A BEHAVIOURAL interview.

All the best and keep us posted after ur interview.

U can also visit land bcos there r a number of guys dat hv jst concluded the process and were successful they will gv u a first hand info.

congrats man!!..thats is it!!..u just got ur self the real thing..congrats that mail shows u the real mail from a reputable coy compared to some of the nonsense i used to see on naijahotjobs.

just be urself and everythimg will move fine,just a liitle tip u can go to shell's website and read up on the company,their objectives and latest dicoveries in oil and gas ...in fact read up everything u can on their website that might give u a start for something to say about them...u can also check some oil and gas sites like rigzone.com,worldoil.com...it might help a little u neva can tell..

1nce again i say congrats..i am really happy for u ..u desearve it.

I got the same mail, but I am currently not in town - official stuff. I have called d undersigned to see if I can get another day next week. If I were on land, I would have stolen my way to Lagos and back.

Waiting for a positive reply. Success to all invited and good luck to all still searching!

One house, One love.

Congrats in advance.
    One area you should work on are your weaknesses (we all have), career achievements, challenges overcomed. Avoid speech mannerism, be concise.
    Read up materials about the firm & interview preparation tips (you can download some on this site)
    Cheers
    It is better to fail trying to do something<br />than to succeed doing nothing

We can all see what a genuine interview invitation looks like.
    No DUBIOUS gmail or yahoomail address.....
    No Bank account numbers.....
    Verifiable business address....
    Clear, concise directives on what to do and how to do it
    HOUSE, please take note

It is better to fail trying to do something<br />than to succeed doing nothing

well, there you go... they told you what they are looking for? they told you what to expect. Just be yourself and make a good presentation. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail so make adequate and sufficient preparations.

Good luck
    Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.<br />Quoted by my godfather - A. Einstein

CONGRAT VICOR,
    IT IS A FEAT OF THE FAVORED AND LUCKY ONES TO MAKE THEIR WAY TO SHELL. KEEP FIT YOUR QUALIFICATION SHOWS THAT YOU ARE GROOMED FOR THE TASK.
    CHEERS!
    modest seldom resides in the breast that is enriched with nobler virture.......Oliver Gold Smith

JUST BE PREPARED SINCE THEY VE REVEALED TO YOU WHAT THEY WANT. BEST OF LUCK! LINTUS

Hello vicabel, am happy for you that u were called .
    Please i will like you to share the information on how you applied .
    My address is [email protected] or call 08023007794.
    Do it for the house spirit
    Thanks alot

@ go4gold107,

shell will always reschedule the interview for u,just call them and tell them u are indisposed.Shell is very organised and will DEFINITELY give u a second chance as long as ur return is within reasonable time.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast