Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Topic: Nnpc 2010 continuation commences

Re: Nnpc 2010 continuation commences

If America which set the precedent through the Affirmative Action could fare better and if this sort of mechanism could settle the racial questions in South Africa, why should it be different in Nigeria? Every state has equal number of candidates to be considered and our brothers from Niger-Delta will always get additional slots, that's fair to me. An aptitude test does not measure the capacity of someone to perform in the office, for fact most people who passed (obviously through fraudulent means) the test end up being mediocre. That law - Federal Character is the only solution to the fractional and divisive attitude we have towards capturing a share of the 'national cake' by numerous nationalities in the country. So let each state present their best candidates to be employed; let everyone compete with people from their state and let the best have the job.
    Jesus Army likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KRISTION View Post
    If America which set the precedent through the Affirmative Action could fare better and if this sort of mechanism could settle the racial questions in South Africa, why should it be different in Nigeria? Every state has equal number of candidates to be considered and our brothers from Niger-Delta will always get additional slots, that's fair to me. An aptitude test does not measure the capacity of someone to perform in the office, for fact most people who passed (obviously through fraudulent means) the test end up being mediocre. That law - Federal Character is the only solution to the fractional and divisive attitude we have towards capturing a share of the 'national cake' by numerous nationalities in the country. So let each state present their best candidates to be employed; let everyone compete with people from their state and let the best have the job.
    You are right to an extent. However, affirmative action in America does not mean an equal amount of blacks MUST be employed in a particular organization. It just means an organization MUST EMPLOY black people, not necessarily an equal number.
    I totally agree with you that each state must be represented in any government recruitment, but to make it equal across the board is not a true reflection of the educational levels in each state. I would rather a system based on a States academic performance, this will ensure more competent people are employed to represent the organization. You cannot give sokoto an equal number of slots as you would Ebonyi, when it is clear that Ebonyi has a much higher number of graduates each year. (this is just an example, I am not criticising sokoto as a state)
    donivald likes this.

i just received a call from a forumite, that he received a mail from ups and is finding it difficult to open.
    i think he is lucky.if you receive same mail, cause i did too, kindly ignore it.
    it contains dangerous viruses that can knock down your system.
    who ever hacked ups and fedex websites, to get our data, and has been sending us these dangerous mails,
    with the intention of destroying our computers, i bring them to judgement.
    it is well.
    secondly, officials of the consulting group,NEXUS ALLIANCE, billed to handle the training of graduate engineers and trainees,
    were at the PTI conference centre, warri on friday, and concluded arrangements to commence their training on september 1.
    the kaduna polythecnic being another centre for training.
    it is indeed well
    KRISTION and JAJAMARK like this.

gzl

Quote Originally Posted by adorn View Post
    Well said Kriston, if we all know the nature of a man, (there must be affirmative action) and the politics and nepotism in our federal civil service before now, we should applaud d initiative of federal character.. And I wonder what makes the an average Southerner believes he's better than the average Northerner I'm a Southerner from the East and have bn exposed to the Northern elites.. Let's grow up and understand Naija politics... No man is better than d other in everything!! We blacks would have bn d victims of eugenics if God wasn't there..
    @gzl you fail to recognize the truth, if ur firm's so-called recruitment process was SLIGHTLY fair, there is no way 5 out of 9 would come from ur state, what are you trying to make us believe? Check it very well ur hr/ceo/directors must be a practicing eugenicists...

God bless ourselves
    @Adorn: ...I can tell you with all veracity; there is no "eugenics" involved in my organization. Even if we must assume d possibility of some "eugenics" involved in my organisation...does it mean all or most multinationals in d country are now practising "eugenics" in favour of the southerners (particularly Ogun state)? I ask u this bcos I received appointment letters from 3 top-class companies last year (inclusive of where I'm working currently) and I can tell u dat southerners (mostly from Ogun state) dominated d larger share of appointees. Pls note dat am not trying to promote one state over others, or south over d North, I only tell u wat I hav seen and confirmed.
    MEDIOCRITY has no two meanings...d fact remains, Northerners need to step up their "game" (I mean level of literacy and education) so we can jointly move dis country forward...we've stayed too long on a spot.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

@igbokwenu and @gzl, I see reasons with your arguments, but I am more concerned with equal level of development (human capital inclusive) of every region in Nigeria. @igbokwenu I think you have a point there when you said employment into federal MDAs (ministries, departments and agencies) should proportionally represent the number of graduates produced by each state. You see, we should make informed arguments that are not beclouded by sentiments, and we could correct the anomalies in the system. We couldn't just abrogate the federal character law when minority states like those of the South-South and North-Central (Middle-Belt) are protected by it. It might interest the house that I am both of South-South and North-Central Origins and I want fairness and equity in access to economic and political resource in the country.
    angeleyes21 likes this.

Jak

Story full,The gluttons in Nigeria affairs (Government)have just succeeded in making Nigeria youth talking too much out of pains and neglects. Assuming and hoping on hopes which only God can tell when it will come.

Lets drop all these prejudices we hold against the north as educationally disadvantage region. An average northerner is as good as an average southerner. I have had northerners as friends and I can as well attest to their educational prowess. Therefore, it will do us no good dwelling on this argument.
    KRISTION and coolrex like this.

You guys have really mixed it up. Affirmative action(or positive discrimination) as practised elsewhere mainly applies to access to education and if i may add political appointments. It does not apply to jobs as it promotes mediocrity. It is only here in Nigeria that u see it being applied to jobs. In the US, it gives blacks & other ethnic minorities better access to education and not jobs while in South Africa, it is used to redress the balance created by many years of apartheid.

The issue of federal character is desirable but needs to be properly regulated. I have heard all sections of the country shouting about being marginalised. It will interest you to know that in some federal organisations, some states do not fill their quota. I was employed with the last NNPC set of GTs and during our training, the people that were found with fake certificates were all from the south. Yet they were able to beat those with genuine certificates. It will also interest you to know that the best candidate from that batch is Igbo and the worst is also igbo. On a scale, the Northerners competed favourably with their counterparts. I don't know where people get the notion from that northerners don't go tio school. Please learn about Nigeria and Nigerians before you make such sensitive comments. Thank you.
    ukstar, Ukoadede, KRISTION and 1 others like this.

God in your mercy, hear our prayers.

Thumbs up Re: Nnpc 2010 continuation commences

Grammar too much for here oo.
    What I want to hear is when we will start the interviews.
    Those agitating for only one state to get the whole positions no dey try oo.
    I think my good friend Kriston explains it well.
    Give each state 10 positions and let them compete among themselves for it,while we Niger-Deltans get additional positions(cos na oil job we dey tok so).
    As for North not going to school like the South,na una sabi.Me na 4 North I serve and I found out that Northern schools are more funded and have quality graduates(ABU,ATBU,UNIMAID,FUT Minna,Etc).
    The VC's for Southern universities loot the funds for educational facilities.
    However,I also know that even people from Benue State do claim to be from Jigawa or Sokoto inorder to get jobs like NNPC(cos those states no dey ever get people to fill their qouta).
    Prayers,na em we suppose dey pray so oo.
    No be all dis long grammar dem.

@dustydee,
    Wetin u mean by fake certificate sef?
    I no wan talk shaa,but we go see for NNPC Towers.

If you believe with me say
    A-M-E-N!
    KRISTION likes this.

Kristion, i disagree with you in respect of your assertion that Aptitude tests do not measure people's capacity to perform in an office. The truth is Aptitude tests are akin to IQ tests.They measure your capacity to process and manipulate information and knowledge available to you.A lot of people are knowledgeable, but it is the ability to use such knowledge to solve problems and proffer solutions that companies are interested in, hence Aptitude tests.

Adorn, no one doubts the fact that Northern elites are very intelligent and can more than match their counterparts from the south. The problem is that the uneducated youths in the North far outnumber the educated elites you mentioned.That is as a result of the failure of Northern leadership. The Federal character principle,while laudable, only serves to mask the fact that Northern leaders are not doing enough to educate their citizens.

dusty dee.please where was your fstp....which firm handled it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dustydee View Post
    The issue of federal character is desirable but needs to be properly regulated. I have heard all sections of the country shouting about being marginalised. It will interest you to know that in some federal organisations, some states do not fill their quota. I was employed with the last NNPC set of GTs and during our training, the people that were found with fake certificates were all from the south. Yet they were able to beat those with genuine certificates. It will also interest you to know that the best candidate from that batch is Igbo and the worst is also igbo. On a scale, the Northerners competed favourably with their counterparts. I don't know where people get the notion from that northerners don't go tio school. Please learn about Nigeria and Nigerians before you make such sensitive comments. Thank you.

Closed Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast