Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Topic: Nnpc 2010 continuation commences

Re: Nnpc 2010 continuation commences

Thanks Jesus Army for taking ur time to update us on the happenstances going on in NNPC stuff. It is said "an expectation postponed makes the heart sick" but we are little bit healthy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
    Your logic is severely flawed!
    You could have explained how flawed it is. Your state and my state have equal slots for federal appointments, and that's flawed to you?

My Big Brother Jesus Army, thanks for the update. You are too much

Nawa ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. kristion I do not buy this contribution of yours. It is total impartial.

thanks to u Jesusarmy, my God bless u for the care u have for us.

Senior Member boshemann@gmail.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KRISTION View Post
    I see no reason why some people complain about the principle of equity as enshrined in the Federal Character requirement for all government appointments. The principle is fair and all inclusive that national iconic brands like FirstBank apply it in their recruitment process. Other multicultural and multiracial countries like the US and South Africa have this sort of arrangements as Affirmative Action to bridge the inequality in access to economic resources and employment by all races. In Nigeria, all 19 Northern states are classified as educationally less privileged even as the literacy level in the North is lower compared to the South. The principle of federal character therefore is meant to promote equal assess to the public good irrespective of limitations. When you attended the the NNPC recruitment test, you were competing against people from your state, for the slots allocated to your state and if you beat everyone from your state, the job is yours. If an indigent person from Abuja scores 20% in the test and he/she got the highest grade of those from Abuja who wrote the test, he/she gets the job even if someone from Lagos scores 80% and did not get the job because he/she came last amongst those from that state who wrote the same test. I ask those complaining about the North to find ways of effectively competing with lads from their state for the share of the public good allocated to them rather than enviously coveting Northern share. The principle of federal character must be uphold to guarantee equal opportunity for all. Most the people deriding the principle of federal character have forgotten that it came about when the South complained about domination by the North in federal appointments. How then could Southerners complain about the same law they demanded? The question is meant to be rhetorical.
    Guy, ur logic is flawed, as sb pointed out earlier! Federal appointments arent based on educational achievement, but on affiliation and lobbying! A job shd b based on OVERALL merit. This thing abt federal character is really annoying (U speak as though d present generation are the ones dat complained abt d political appoinment thing!
    U seen to b unaware dat d same northerners are not disposed to education, as they are content with being 'd way they are'! Imagine sb getting less than average getting a job, that sb with almost 100 percent didnt get: that is how to ensure dat real thinkers/excellent pple dnt get jobs in our country and it results in a poor work culture and less tha average results/achievement for d company/country.
    It is a truth that there are many BRILLIANT MINDS from the north-but those ones wil definitely get in on merit!!!! Well....

kriston i do not agree with this your talk. when will this nation treat everyone equal?
    whether north or south or wherever? what we need is the best hands for the job. that way a northerner who aspires to work in nnpc will work real hard and study thereby making his state educationally developed. it is a big marginallization to bring that talk into serious issues like this.

thanks for the info, can any one update me on when they will start inviting pple for interview?

hello house,will there still be a second test as we were made to believe before or is it just going to be interview?Also do we have anybody for EH in the house as i know a lot of posts on this subject is from GTs.

MAY GOD HELP US AS I KNOW ONLY THOSE COUNTED WORTHY BY GOD CAN GET THIS THING IN NNPC WE ARE ALL PURSUING.

Quote Originally Posted by the chosen one View Post
    hello house,will there still be a second test as we were made to believe before or is it just going to be interview?Also do we have anybody for EH in the house as i know a lot of posts on this subject is from GTs.

MAY GOD HELP US AS I KNOW ONLY THOSE COUNTED WORTHY BY GOD CAN GET THIS THING IN NNPC WE ARE ALL PURSUING.
    We the EHs are all here..waiting for that God's appointed time...I'm thanking HIM already!!

gzl

I see no reason why some people complain about the principle of equity as enshrined in the Federal Character requirement for all government appointments. The principle is fair and all inclusive that national iconic brands like FirstBank apply it in their recruitment process. Other multicultural and multiracial countries like the US and South Africa have this sort of arrangements as Affirmative Action to bridge the inequality in access to economic resources and employment by all races. In Nigeria, all 19 Northern states are classified as educationally less privileged even as the literacy level in the North is lower compared to the South. The principle of federal character therefore is meant to promote equal assess to the public good irrespective of limitations. When you attended the the NNPC recruitment test, you were competing against people from your state, for the slots allocated to your state and if you beat everyone from your state, the job is yours. If an indigent person from Abuja scores 20% in the test and he/she got the highest grade of those from Abuja who wrote the test, he/she gets the job even if someone from Lagos scores 80% and did not get the job because he/she came last amongst those from that state who wrote the same test. I ask those complaining about the North to find ways of effectively competing with lads from their state for the share of the public good allocated to them rather than enviously coveting Northern share. The principle of federal character must be uphold to guarantee equal opportunity for all. Most the people deriding the principle of federal character have forgotten that it came about when the South complained about domination by the North in federal appointments. How then could Southerners complain about the same law they demanded? The question is meant to be rhetorical.
    @KRISTON: I beg to disagree with you on the issue of "Federal Character". I see that this idea of federal character only makes the Northerners more "Lazy" and "averse" towards Education. They now sit in their "comfort zone", rest assured that what ever the case "Federal Character" will come to their rescue, that's one of (if not the major) the major things killing all the government parastatals in this country. For Nigeria to develop, we need to let the "Best and Educated" hands do the job. Most Multinational companies in Nigeria now recruit only the best qualified candidates, without any "connection" involved...whether you are from up country Sokoto State or from down south Rivers state, so far you can prove yourself, you'll get the job.
    It might interest you to know that my place of work (Name reserved) is a typical example of such, 9 of us were employed at the time I joined and I can tell you that 5 of us are from Ogun State. None of the 9 had any "connection"...we were all employed stricly on MERIT (Glory to God for that).
    My advice to you "Northerners" is that you guys need to embrace education more and come out of your "comfort zone" so that we can collectively take this country into the league of Developed Nations.

Naija for Life!!!
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

Quote Originally Posted by gzl View Post
    @KRISTON: I beg to disagree with you on the issue of "Federal Character". I see that this idea of federal character only makes the Northerners more "Lazy" and "averse" towards Education. They now sit in their "comfort zone", rest assured that what ever the case "Federal Character" will come to their rescue, that's one of (if not the major) the major things killing all the government parastatals in this country. For Nigeria to develop, we need to let the "Best and Educated" hands do the job. Most Multinational companies in Nigeria now recruit only the best qualified candidates, without any "connection" involved...whether you are from up country Sokoto State or from down south Rivers state, so far you can prove yourself, you'll get the job.
    It might interest you to know that my place of work (Name reserved) is a typical example of such, 9 of us were employed at the time I joined and I can tell you that 5 of us are from Ogun State. None of the 9 had any "connection"...we were all employed stricly on MERIT (Glory to God for that).
    My advice to you "Northerners" is that you guys need to embrace education more and come out of your "comfort zone" so that we can collectively take this country into the league of Developed Nations.

Naija for Life!!!
    You did very well bro in stating the obvious facts, why promote mediocrity in the name of federal character and we feel Nigeria would fare better when mediocrity is encouraged and sustained to the detriment of all

Well said Kriston, if we all know the nature of a man, (there must be affirmative action) and the politics and nepotism in our federal civil service before now, we should applaud d initiative of federal character.. And I wonder what makes the an average Southerner believes he's better than the average Northerner I'm a Southerner from the East and have bn exposed to the Northern elites.. Let's grow up and understand Naija politics... No man is better than d other in everything!! We blacks would have bn d victims of eugenics if God wasn't there..
    @gzl you fail to recognize the truth, if ur firm's so-called recruitment process was SLIGHTLY fair, there is no way 5 out of 9 would come from ur state, what are you trying to make us believe? Check it very well ur hr/ceo/directors must be a practicing eugenicists...

God bless ourselves

Closed Topic
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast