+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 86 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,106 to 1,118 of 1934
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Quote Originally Posted by kcesca View Post
    Guy take the chilling pill! Last year list the list came out around the 2nd week of september part of the reason was due to the shake up withe management and dissolution of the board. The full list was published 4th week of september. I got my letter 23rd september i kept in touch with my school and i was given the grace period of coming second week in october, depending on the nature of ur course i wont advice u to toll my line as i resumed 5th week of lectures and pratically struggles in my first semester, my advice is for u to defer ur admission if ur course is pratical base but if it is about submitting essays u can manage to cope but "u go hear am"

Dear friends am suprised that this is taking long but i want to beleive they are concluding plans to fully mobilise scholars when the list get released as we were not mobilised or paid until 6month after i started my course. Our fees where not paid early and most people suffered hardship and thrats for non-payments of their fees. So count it all joy if they are working on paying ur fees asap and giving some financial support before you leave. If not u have to look for community supportto get ur self to the uk before u get paid.
    That being said start packing ur bag and buying ur foodstuff in faith like i did as i travelled out of naija on OCtober 11th the very day my visa came out and i arrived the uk on the final date october 12th coincidentally on my birthday. So pray hope and dont worry.

Best wishes
    Francisca
    Thanks for the insight, it has really cleared my thoughts on some things; but trust that I'll still bug U with questions in time to come.

Something just crossed my mind though, the MD said U sent him an email recently, right? Emmmmm, can U help members of this thread get info from the MD (seeing as he sees U as an NDDC ambassador, which U truly are) as to when this list is expected so that those that will definitely need to defer their admissions will go ahead to do so, and those that might want to request for some grace period from their schools will be more date-specific in their request. Just a thought though. Thanks.
    I am what I am just by HIS Grace! . . . The Future is Bright; The Future is Me!

@kcesa! That was really motivational. Thanx4 sharin' this with the house.
    If you can possibly do what @enjayjude just said. Then that meanz u'r really really representin' us. Once again God bless yhu.

Quote Originally Posted by gonon View Post
    I applied to 3 schools and they all gave me unconditional offers. I am presently filling my ATAS application for 2 of them, just in case.
    Bros, ATAS takes up to 20 working days thats 4 weeks in reality, shouldn't you be looking at deferring your admission to a later date, as most schools open first week of September.? If you get the scholarship, you could stay back and get one year voluntary work experience before you move to start your post-graduate study. I'm even considering doing such now cos a lot of factors are making me reconsider this UK schooling option. You no longer get the 2years post-work study VISA and its hard getting a job with no previous work experience after your Msc. I know its different strokes for different folks (and there are many people who would claim the impossible by faith here), but realistically the thought of coming back to start writing dragnet test again sends cold shivers down my spine. I may have to look at January openings in Canada, truth is majority of us are not keen on coming back unless we are coming back to start a good paying job. And also I wont be fulfilled working as a club bouncer or doorman in a company after MSc.
    Tendermartin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ezme View Post
    Bros, ATAS takes up to 20 working days thats 4 weeks in reality, shouldn't you be looking at deferring your admission to a later date, as most schools open first week of September.? If you get the scholarship, you could stay back and get one year voluntary work experience before you move to start your post-graduate study. I'm even considering doing such now cos a lot of factors are making me reconsider this UK schooling option. You no longer get the 2years post-work study VISA and its hard getting a job with no previous work experience after your Msc. I know its different strokes for different folks (and there are many people who would claim the impossible by faith here), but realistically the thought of coming back to start writing dragnet test again sends cold shivers down my spine. I may have to look at January openings in Canada, truth is majority of us are not keen on coming back unless we are coming back to start a good paying job. And also I wont be fulfilled working as a club bouncer or doorman in a company after MSc.
    Bros, i did just that. I filled for both September and January. No time for dulling...lol

Boss Bouncer no dey work for every body no be all of us get the body frame needed to be a bouncer.
    Tendermartin likes this.

Sincerely Speaking once tomorrow comes and the list isn't out then we can expect it next 2 weeks.
    Tendermartin and doncheks like this.

Ezme UK isn't against giving anyone a work visa but they want to make sure you are actually working and so if you get an employer who can sponsor you under the Tier 1 visa then you a good to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    Ezme UK isn't against giving anyone a work visa but they want to make sure you are actually working and so if you get an employer who can sponsor you under the Tier 1 visa then you a good to stay.
    @wisey I know how well stated these conditions are. Now, @kcesa is here to help us with figures,. Using her school RGU which is considered a top school, how many Nigerians, presently have job offers to resume on completion of their studies? Your Tier 4 VISA would be for a year and believe me not everyone would get jobs immediately. Ask around, most people take up these bouncer roles for more than 7months before something cool comes up. I try my best to make projections based on current realities. When @kcesa drops these figures then we could make our personal judgment based on that.

@wisey I know how well stated these conditions are. Now, @kcesa is here to help us with figures,. Using her school RGU which is considered a top school, how many Nigerians, presently have job offers to resume on completion of their studies? Your Tier 4 VISA would be for a year and believe me not everyone would get jobs immediately. Ask around, most people take up these bouncer roles for more than 7months before something cool comes up. I try my best to make projections based on current realities. When @kcesa drops these figures then we could make our personal judgment based on that.
    You see my dear what you saying depends on the kind of "white collar" job as well as the undergraduate background of that Nigerian student. Trust me to say that in my experience employers are very selective on hiring people based on the standard of university they graduated from at undergraduate level. It is regarded the most important level of the Higher education learning curve. If are statistics are based on Nigerians who did undergraduate there then am sure you will see a very different outcome in the findings.

The earliest admission one can get now for canada is Sept 2013 n dat shud be by next year march-may, its not like uk wia one gets admission in 2wks.........

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdunk99 View Post
    The earliest admission one can get now for canada is Sept 2013 n dat shud be by next year march-may, its not like uk wia one gets admission in 2wks.........
    Some schools have January start date, do your research well, example University of Ottawa
    Tendermartin likes this.

Schools in canada always have closing date around april, may and june, and it's always sept and Jan start date. Infact if you dont pay the stipulated admission fee by march ending, you may likely not b admitted into a program. It's not like the UK thingy.

Plz my question. Is it for real that this ACAS CERTIFICATE thingy normally takes up to 20workin' days? coz i need it o, and av been thinkin i can get it in a week or so. Anybody that has applied n got it shd plz help. I want to be sure.

@Kcesca,pls can u throuhg more light on how nddc pay their scholars. How they get the tuition, accomodation and living cost across to their scholars

+ Reply