+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Topic: NDDC Post Graduate Foreign Scholarship Program 2011

Re: NDDC Post Graduate Foreign Scholarship Program 2011

@ Prince et al,

It is copied! Nice one. All the best mates!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince et al View Post
    …GOD alone has the final say…

My Co-Scholars,

As a prelude to NDDC, publishing the list of Successful Candidates for NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship 2011 [breaking News]. I have developed 6 key indicators to give you insight into the selection process.

I. Uniqueness of your course. Those who applied for rare courses like Biomedical or nuclear engineering have higher chances than those that applied for common courses like petroleum or mechanical engineering.

2. Proximity of course to NDDC'S mandates. The more closely aligned your course is to NDDC’S mandate for the Niger Delta as highlighted in NDDC’s vision and mission statement the higher your chances.

3. Popularity of your University. Different schools are synonymous with particular courses .e.g. Robert Gordon is synonymous with Oil and Gas Engineering, Harvard is synonymous with MBA and Harriot Watts is synonymous with Petroleum Engineering. If the University you chose is renowned for your course then your chances are higher.

4. Applicant’s proposal. The proposal was requested to ascertain applicant’s passion, depth of knowledge and return on Investment (ROI) on your course .i.e. practical relevance (impact) of your course to addressing the peculiar challenges of the Niger Delta region. Candidates that their proposals explicitly captured these above variables have higher chances.

5. Your personality (countenance). The interview panel had limited time to access you so they spotted distinctive individuals such people have higher chances.

6. Lastly, I have GOOD NEWS for you. Candidates whose profiles didn’t match any of the key indicators mentioned above but have implicit faith in “GOD”, your names are already on the list so start singing, dancing and celebrating…because it is written…

For with GOD nothing is impossible…Luke 1:37…

the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill but time and chance happeneth to them all...Ecclesiastes 9:11...

If the race was to the swift Jonathan would never be President…

If the race was to the swift the most intelligent people will be the richest…

GOD did it for me, HE can and has done it for you because…The LORD changeth not…Malachi 3:3a

...Just believe...

…Shalom…

Amen!! I totally concur with your indicators...except the first one - 'The uniqueness of the course'.

If NDDC's *Mandate* is to produce competent technocrats for the burgeoning energy industry (Which the thick-bellied man said on the day of my interview), why do you reckon they'll prefer prospective nuclear engineers to petroleum engineers?!?!

In the context of your *6 Strategic Tips* , does 'uniqueness' mean 'relevance'?

@Prince et al! I almost wept as I read your post, reason being that I followed all your comments relegiously from last's year NDDC postgraduate scholarship scheme 2010. And I saw and felt FAITH filled WORDS from you, and you got it! I want to first thank u for honoring us with your presence. I tap into your annoiting! God bless u more and more

Funny enough, NDDC website ain't opening since last week. What's really going on?

Guys...if you are shortlisted, it can take about 7 working days to get your Visa after applying with your CAS and NDDC letters because your names will be sent to the embassy for assistance and ease of Visa processing.

Keep your CAS statements handy, keep your N70k handy for your visa fee, fill the UKBA forms in readiness, and once your name appears and you get your letter, head to Lagos or Abuja within the required time and get a Visa, as long as your resumption is within the time limit between award letter and resumption time.

The only problem could be NNPC's delay in paying the tuition fees within the time limits by the school which is why most people last year had to pay with their cash and get reimbursed (a special arrangement between candidate and school).

Hope isnt lost...just pray to have your name on that list.

God bless!
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

"O taste and see that the LORD is good"...Psalm 34:8...

My Co-Scholars,

@Misslavee...AMEN to your kind prayers...
    All thanks be alone to the MOST HIGH GOD...The sustainer of Life

May GOD do “exceeding abundantly above” all that you ask or think in JESUS name...AMEN

@Bomaisthefuture...the 5 indicators above were developed based on a critical analysis of last year's list, the educational inclination of those involved in the selection process, Nigeria's technological and capacity gap and my understanding [foresight, insight and hindsight] of the intricacies and nitty gritty of the commissions workings.

For the 1st indicator, I meant NDDC's central mandate which is to “facilitate an even, rapid and sustainable development of the Niger Delta Region” and that’s why I used the word alignment not relevance. Relevance comes up and is used in qualifying the 4th indicator.

@all Scholar’s….the 6th indicator is a real life testimony to the Immutability and efficacy of GOD’s word.

…“The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple”…Psalms 19:7b…

Just believe

Shalom

Amen! Settled

I have faith through Jesus Christ that my name is written bold in the final List.. Praise the lord somebody
    Justin288 likes this.

prince et al.....i have enjoyed reading some of your posts..u got the NDDC scholarship last year, were you able to go last year or did you have to defer because of timing? Also, if i may ask, after NDDC pays your fees to the school, do they give you the balance as maintenance fees? and how do they do that? cheers

"men ought always to pray and not to faint "... Luke 18:1b.

@Uchihasasuke...According to your faith be it unto you...Matthew 9:29

@Don Agostino...I left last year and currently studying. Tuition fee is paid directly to your school and the balance (maintenance fee) which is legally yours is paid directly into your foreign bank account.

@all Scholars... Ecclesiastes 3:1 says there is a time for everything, a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time to pray, a time to hate and a time to love. The current top management imbroglio in NDDC calls for prayers just as Psalm 122:6a says, pray for peace in Jerusalem (in this case NDDC).

Peace be still in NDDC...

Prince et al....thats great....i was of the impression that most scholars last year couldnt go because of the delay in the selection process. Or is it that you paid with your funds, then had an arrangement with your school to get them to reimburse you after NDDC must have "paid" ? cheers

I join faith with Uchihasasuke, I believe God would grant the desires of our hearts. Thanks Prince et al for all your kind advice and tips of all of them, tip number 6 is the one I really depend on coz there is nothing too hard for God.
    Everything that goes around comes around.

@ Prince et al Amen. @ Peleke may we all celebrate as our names are shortlisted in the final list..

+ Reply
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast