Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Topic: My nnpc imterview

Re: My nnpc imterview

Quote Originally Posted by JAJAMARK View Post
    @dbest,
    What u posted is not the truth and highly unacceptable to me!
    The people I see saying/writing such and spreading it either had a 2.2 or empathises with those that had it.
    A man's ability is not known by his class of degree,I believe strongly in that,but I feel irritated everytime people tend to rubbish some classes of degree(especially 1st and 2.1).
    Nigerian educational system is decayed for every class of degree and not the firsts and 2.1s alone.

For your information,all the people I know that was invited for the test/interviews are all 2.1s and 90% of them passed.Also note that Phillips Consulting refused to invite for test more than 90% of the 1st class that applied for that job.
    So who are they deceiving?

For those 2.2s and co that passed,have you ever imagined how they managed?Have you sought for the % 2.2s that passed vis a vis the firsts and 2.1s?
    By the way, the GTs were only firsts and 2.1s and they constitute 70% of those who took the test.

Maybe it would have been better to ignore your write-up if not for the fact that you are not the first to attack and accuse those firsts and 2.1s falsely.

No insult meant.But please let's stop castigating success or any group of persons.No first or 2.1 will write such things about 2.2s or thirds as it will not help them in anyway.

Enough said,do have a nice day.
    @Jajamark,

Thanks for the below mail. But I can deduce from the tone of your comment that you assumed that I don't belong to the category of 1st class and 2:1. And that I am also in a way trying to castigate those in that category. Well, this is not so.

I heard the info in the news this morning and I decided to post it. I only reproduced the comments made by the GMD of NNPC as reported by the newspaper. What really prompted me to post the comment was that I think it could signify the end of the recruitment process perhaps they are rounding up so that's why they decided to make public comments about it. I think with that people can contribute what they know about it.

So I don't intend to castigate those in the category of 1st class and 2:1 not just because I belong to that category myself but because there are many other strong factors beyond brilliancy that determine what grade a person get in the university.

ONE LOVE!!!...

The same payment with DPR...they use grade level and not GT, Level 8
    me dey

obiwon is an idiot thats the only explanation....he has an issue with first class and 2:1 students and this is his method of showing it. do u know what it means to be a first class it isnt beans...it isnt easy...while people were playing and clubbing they were most likely reading then u test them on ss1 topics and use it as a judge...the man is an idiot and i will tell him to his face...for the science based part of the test we were asked biology, physics and chemistry subjects from senior secondary at a point it was all about what i remember from waec...let them judge people based on what they are skilled in and stop this generalised test that favour only math graduates or english graduates.....what other method does he want to use screen candidates...why didnt NNPC do functional test if he is such a fan of it....dundee!!!!!!
    gzl likes this.

@dbest,
    Quite understood.
    All the best and God's grace.

Em!!howdy peeps, dont mean to intrude, but is it just me that did not get my TP fare refunded or is everyone in the same boat.please respond.
    best regards
    What is history, but a fable agreed upon.

infact i was not impressed with his comment. who does not know that aptitude test is not a true test of knowledge not to talk of when you test people in english and maths which may not be their strength. how many of them did aptitude test before they were recruited? were they not recruited from school? it is not their fault.
    gzl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davinchi View Post
    Em!!howdy peeps, dont mean to intrude, but is it just me that did not get my TP fare refunded or is everyone in the same boat.please respond.
    best regards
    I have not gotten my Trans fare o! I suppose they will do that after all interviews are over!

Quote Originally Posted by fajeminigba View Post
    The same payment with DPR...they use grade level and not GT, Level 8
    How much do they pay Level 8?

YT

JAJAMARK, when I read your initial response to dtbest's post I wondered whether or not you realized that your comment kind of confirmed Oniwon's statement about the quality of skills wrt the present generation of Nigerian graduates.

For me in life, you dont pass all the tests. No matter how good you are, you pass some and fail sometimes. its the way life is. If we pass all the time, we won't learn to empathize with people of weaker abilities. Concerning whether english, mathematics or not should be the standard mode of testing, I want to say beggars have no choice. Whoever wants to get jobs need to get his/her hand on as many types of test as are available. Being able to guess what people might come out with is part of what show people are good. Afterall our abilities to make a 2.1 or 1.1 too have been based on this. So why should we now leave school and think we start determining the kind of test people should set for the kind of people they want on their job! Our anger, anguish and tirade solve no problem.
    donivald, Ukoadede and iHustle like this.

In my opinion even 3rd class graduates shld b allowed next time to sit for the exams, i am sure if it were the case some ppl will truly b shocked to see what stuff some of those guys r made of. Gani fawehnmi of blessed memory falls into that class. Nowadays many ppl come with crappy 1st class degrees thinking it will intimidate oniwon. Lol.

Abeg o, free d gmd. He only stated that the majority of 1st class and 2.1s invited failed (watever their criteria for failure is as a 50% score is not failure but might have not made it to d interviews). It's normal to fail, it doesn't mean anyone who fails isn't intelligent and i don't suppose his statements suggested that in any way.

i just love NHJ,i always find the battle of wits most intriguing!!

Closed Topic
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast