+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Topic: Invitation for selection tests- TOTAL Scholarship

Re: Invitation for selection tests- TOTAL Scholarship

can one still apply now ?
    ALWAYS ON TOP

navy thank u 4 d info. i also noticed dat some of the shl questions are in gmat. navy are u nw working in mobile. eznira,its lyk few ppl were invited 4 dis test o. God wil help us.

Hello House, I just palced a call to another friend who did Total Test this year. He said:

1. There is negative marking, so I'll advice if you dont know it, just pass.

2. The scoring is based on the difficulty of the questions. That is if Question 1 is scaled to be easy and Question 2 is Diificult, Question 1 and 2 do not carry equal marks.

3. The Questions were modeled just like SHL, (That is English, MAths, Reasoning). I'll advice you take a calculator along.

I wish us all the best. We will meet in PH, then France and work with Total.

Thanks.

Yeah, does anyone know the amount we will be renumerated for travelling from Lagos to PHC as stated in the invite. Just Asking.

Also I read on Aero Contractors Website that Travel in January 2010 would cost N6,000. So if you can afford it, make good use of that oppurtunity.

Once thanks, I wish us all the best

well guyz, speaking from what i gathered from a close fellow who slammed a job with total elf via the scholarship scheme, 2004, the test is the first stage of the selection for the job which you may get at the end of the 1 year masters programme, gettin the scholarship is not an assurance of the total job, but if u were to make it through then consider yourself a masters holder via total scholarship, during the programme you get to be paid, fed, and accommodated, and its usually for engineering( i.e the programme is a masters in engineering, i think petro related) , the programme is tough and demanding and you get to write tests at the end of every week, the good part is that u may be exposed to other oil and gas opportunity such that you may get a placement with some other coy, the allotment is for between 15 to 20 people, definetly an unknown % will be absorbed in to elf. i can't reach the source of my info right now but when i do i will certainly give you guyz feed back on the test format should it be different from what has already been posted, meanwhile accept my success wishes and bear in mind that, this scholarhip selection proessand the programme no be beans, there, 4got to tell u guyz dat the trainning is not in france no more, elf brought it to nigeria to make the cost cheaper, but with the assurance that it is of equal standard with france, hey! when u get d job u will travel to france from time to time( i mean yearly cos u gotta be sent for trainning and stuff), guyz its tantalizing ha? but let me assure u its a pain before pleasurepathway. goodluck y' all

thanx bestliner. ur a very good friend. God wil reward u abundantly. thank u and remain blessed. i wont 4get u if God gives me dis opportunity.

@Bestliner, Thanks! Though it sounds you were not invited yet you are making enquiries on our behalf.....Thank you...Thanks

@Navy, I am encourage by your analysis, Thanks Bro

Hey, If the Training is now done in Nigeria, sure it has to be at Uniport Institue Of Petroleum Studies. Does that mean the questions for this scholarship exam will be the same for the Admission into UNIPORt's IPS considering the fact that the IPS at Uniport is actually being run by France's IPS. Kindly post the UNIPORT IPS PQ if you have it, 'cos I asked a friend at Total and he said We should prepare for engineering questions too. Probably use the one in the GMAT book for Practice. Guys, we will make it!

Our best is next door, so lets go get it.

please can some one please give me total website

I'm impressed by the meaningful contributions posted here. eckselens, bestliner, navy, God will surely reward you guys . I think I'm better equipped now. Thanks y'all.
    I'm battle ready be to important and known for good in Nigeria. I'm set to have money and make it work for me.

Good info from evrybody. Lol. im not with mobil oh(I pray soon).. I have been taking their recruitment tests this december and im at a stage now waiting to be called up in january as they promised and emailed for the interview.so i have my options open in case anyone works out.
    @ eckselens, the engineering questions are they discipline specific or is it general engineering or its inclined towards petroleum/chemical eng. Please anyone with this info or PQ's please reply. Thanks everyone

yea guyz appreciate the kind words. got my source and gathered these info; as at 2004, the test format for the ips which is the masters programme, is in the form of basic engineering courses a typical eng student did at school, physics, chemistry, science ,maths, english, as at 2004/ 2005, maybe u guyz can check around for any fella dat knows any one who got a job with elf afterwards, becos my source said the test format could have changed now and moreso that there is this new scholarship, total has introduced, but the process and requirement is uknown to my source yet, but if this invite was not given to non- engineering graduate or engineering graduate below 2.1, then we can conclude that its one and the same ips scholarship, but if the reverse is the case then we are looking at the just introduced scholarship programme, in that case you all will have to disregard my info. hope i was of help in some way. this application no just concern me, read education, just tryn to help the house like i 've been gettn info from it. let me point out that females are also invited and gist has it that in the oil and gas sector there's a percentage that is meant solely for ladies. so eng ladies the job stress for a female eng graduate is slightly less stressful, well if you 've got a good result that is.

i wrote this years total test at charms and have gone for the interview, but it was for sales, it was shl they used for engineers ,though the english was majorly critical reasoning, but the test is just the first stage you may go through like 3 more stages after the test. there is also negative marking.

This test is for scholarship and it wil b done in their ph office. I read geology and exploration geophysics. So this isnt only 4 engineering graduates.

mehn, thanks to everyone for d info and contributions. But will TOTAL only reimburse for transportation fares and/or accommodation too? since some of us will have sleep in a hotel room for d nite before, after a long trip from abj.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast