+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Topic: HALLIBURTON: Trainee Engrs & Scientists 2013

Re: HALLIBURTON: Trainee Engrs & Scientists 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rytguy99 View Post
    I received it as well. Please ensure you give the same response as the previous ones you filled to avoid being disqualified. If you noticed most of those questions were repeated. I think this is still part of their screening technique. Any disparity in responses could lead to that application being penalized. God be with us all.
    i just received the same mail as well.... but i am a bit confused with their questions.
    1. Do you currently hold a Bachelor's degree? *
    Yes
    No
    2. If you do not currently hold a Bachelor's degree, please indicate the level of education you have attained.
    Completed high school
    HND / Associate's degree
    3. When did you obtain your degree? (Highest Degree) *
    Within the last 3 years
    4-7 years ago
    8 plus years ago
    4. Did you obtain a degree in any of the following fields of Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Petroleum, Geology, Geoscience/Geophysics, or Math/Physics? *
    Yes
    No
    5. If you did not obtain a degree in any of the areas listed above, please state the discipline in which you obtained your degree.
    6. Did you obtain First Class Honors or Second Class Upper Division on your final year exam? *
    Yes
    No
    7. If you did not obtain First Class Honors or Second Class Upper Division, please indicate the grade you obtained.
    Second Class Lower Division
    Third Class
    Pass
    8. Have you completed your NYSC period? *
    Yes
    No
    9. Please indicate your preferred Exam Center *
    Port Harcourt
    Lagos

They are not really specific on the answers they want you to provide, for instance Q3, is it ur BSc or MSc (for those that have)? Q5 too is it Bsc or MSc? Q6, what do they mean by "final year exam"? do they mean your accumulated CGP? or just your grade in your final year?

The lat questionnaire was a little direct for me bcus it was based on "highest degree" which is a masters for me. but this one is a bit confusing and i do not want to answer with any misunderstanding.

I had a 2.2 in my Bsc which is engineering based, and a distinction in my masters which is not engineering based but still oil and gas based and was obtained in the last 3yrs.

Please house help, my Qs may sound silly but i am just trying to be extra careful not to jeopardize my chances. stayed home too long without a job

Thanks

favour_S: I think you should do them a mail and make all these cases know to them. It would be best you work based on the response from them.

@favour be very careful bcos the job is for graduates only. meaning u must be within the age bracket and some other things like when u graduated might come to play. I stand to be corrected though. pls house comment ,in order to help favour

u fellas need to chill haba, stop giving urselves a headache over nothing. all the theorizing and postulating in the wrld wont change a thing. my advice- concentrate ur energy on test prep
    yondaimen likes this.

@Favour, if you remember vividly when this position was advertised, they specifically required graduates from Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Petroleum, Geology, Geoscience/Geophysics, or Math/Physics?. If your MSc is not inline with any of these courses, i fear it might be an issue. Since your BSc is on point, why not select it as your highest degree so you could apply successfully for this opening without being disqualified. I think you should do a mail to Mr. Boniface right away explaining your present case to him, if you don't get a response by Sunday 12pm, you can complete it as a BSc holder and not MSc. (sometimes his mail comes late that was why i suggested 12pm).
    Hope this helps. Cheers.

i just got a mail for request for questionnaire again after the first one submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by rytguy99 View Post
    @Favour, if you remember vividly when this position was advertised, they specifically required graduates from Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Petroleum, Geology, Geoscience/Geophysics, or Math/Physics?. If your MSc is not inline with any of these courses, i fear it might be an issue. Since your BSc is on point, why not select it as your highest degree so you could apply successfully for this opening without being disqualified. I think you should do a mail to Mr. Boniface right away explaining your present case to him, if you don't get a response by Sunday 12pm, you can complete it as a BSc holder and not MSc. (sometimes his mail comes late that was why i suggested 12pm).
    Hope this helps. Cheers.
    @rytguy ur very correct, but the 2.2 will disqualify favour. recall 1st class and 2.1 were grouped together in the recent questionnaire sent. the questionnaire is a tricky one. they want to use this to sieve out ppl quickly. least i forget, i dont recall seeing masters degree as an option unless u decide to state it as ''others''
    neymar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrax2012 View Post
    @rytguy ur very correct, but the 2.2 will disqualify favour. recall 1st class and 2.1 were grouped together in the recent questionnaire sent. the questionnaire is a tricky one. they want to use this to sieve out ppl quickly. least i forget, i dont recall seeing masters degree as an option unless u decide to state it as ''others''
    the Logic is clear, doing a mail could even implicate the dude... There's no point. @ this point you need count on JAH to see you through.All the best brah and to everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by _brainbox_ View Post
    u fellas need to chill haba, stop giving urselves a headache over nothing. all the theorizing and postulating in the wrld wont change a thing. my advice- concentrate ur energy on test prep
    Thank You, abeg tell them.

@yondaimen If you have to count on JAH to see you through, then you have to do your own part as a human cos the bible says "faith without work by it is dead". Remember that "Not taking a risk is also a risk on its own. If you go through the previous messages on this thread, you will discover that someone sent a mail on an area he was not clear on and got a response from them without getting himself implicated. Cheers.

Favour_S: I repeat, do dem a mail and explain ursef to dem. I can bet that if u answer NO to any of the questions in this new questionnaire, your chances of getting a reject mail are so high. They didn't put MSc into consideration that is why the questions are structured the way they are. And that may be an oversight on their part. So, it's best you ask o.
    yondaimen likes this.

Well Guyz, I didnt get any mail as of yet.... that could mean only ! thing.....my Questionaire was submitted successfully

Thanks a lot House.. I will do a mail and if I do not get any response asap, I will just answer the questions to the best of my understanding and leave the rest to God.
    rytguy99 likes this.

+ Reply
Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast