+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Topic: HALLIBURTON: Trainee Engrs & Scientists 2013

Re: HALLIBURTON: Trainee Engrs & Scientists 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabi View Post
    @cyrax,u dont need to doubt me. U may need 2 re-read my last post again. I said i sent a mail to their h.r as a result of my inability 2 fill d qnaire and they replied me. From the content of the mail,i could deduce that its NOT everybody that got d qnaire that will be called. I will post d content here 2moro.
    I am not one of those dat come here to say trash. Peace
    @LISABI OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now ur talking. u didnt explain this way. sorry bro.

some other people in www..com posted same info about them receiving rejection mail.

My take on this thing is that the preliminary selection would be done based on the questionnaire. Fine! Some people that applied didn't get and that's because we can't rule out errors on the part of either the applicant or the employer.
    Now if an employer wants to know your course of study from a questionnaire, it means he has made up his mind on a course-based criteria. If he asks for your grade and year of graduation, it means he has a particular set of people in mind. Not all of us that applied graduated within the last 3yrs, not all of us made 1st class. I was telling a friend dis morning that if for example Halliburton wants only 1st class guys to write the test, it means that anyone who made a grade below a 1st class won't write the test despite filling the questionnaire. That's why they asked all to tick only one option per question. They have pre-determined criteria they wld use to send IV for tests, anyone who doesn't meet it at this time would get a reject mail. I can bet that they haven't checked any of the documents we attached to our applications at this stage. Only our emails and names have been put into consideration as of now. We pray to meet the criteria they want at this time.
    And keep preparing for the test. This is MY own thinking!
    neymar, Fishobi and nkechiu like this.

@ctrl07: You have a point. Nice one.

@yondaimen: Pls where do I find the stuffs 4 the test?

Your thinking criterial is discouraging, why do think they would use your email and name for now?. Just allow GOD to do his Work for us!

Kenperry: They av used, not they would use. And I wonder what is discouraging in that post there. If u allow some1's post discourage u, then it's up to u my broda/sis.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl07 View Post
    Kenperry: They av used, not they would use. And I wonder what is discouraging in that post there. If u allow some1's post discourage u, then it's up to u my broda/sis.
    Ctrl07, thats a good breakdown, hope turns out good for someone here.It is well.

@all well I got a reject mail saying I wasn't chosen for the test. I filled d questionnaire and am a Chem engr,2.2, grad d past 3 yrs and hav xperince in oil and gas. Therefore if ur called it means u gat d requirement dey need. Wish u all d best other opportunities are still coming guys.

Gentle Men/Ladies,

Ever wondered the essence of a cover letter? They wouldn't just ask us to upload a cover letter for fun. I think its the first doc they go through before they send you a questionnaire. If your cover letter is seductive enough, you receive a questionnaire. Now after the questionnaire has been sent, they now go through your cv of the pple that received the questionnaire for further drill down on your course, grade etc to determine if you will be qualified to write the test, if you meet their requirements, they will send you an invite for the test. Its a screening process! My Thoughts.
    neymar likes this.

rytguy99: Clear analysis.....but look at it this way... The only new thing we didn't see while we were applying was 'Preferred Test Centre'. My point still is: If they have gone through all the attachments we put in our applications, trust me, they would have first sent reject mails to people and all they would have asked others would have been preferred test location. If they have gone through the CVs and Cover letters as you have posited, they would have as well gone thru the degree certificates and the questions in the questionnaires won't have arisen at all. That's why I am still going to maintain that Halliburton hasn't perused our applications yet. They would base their sending of test IVs based on the outcome of the questionnaire analysis (I say again- May we meet the criteria they have in mind at this time and may God favour us always). Then after the test, when they now have fewer people, they'll take out time and implement other criteria which they'll av also preset,call some people, drop some. And the process continues till Medicals and eventual onboarding. If I were in HR any company that does public advert like HalliB, this is a simple way I'll conduct recruitment (one day I will definitely). Mek God just dey help us dey go.
    Again, 'MY' thots o- it is not to be quoted. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl07 View Post
    rytguy99: Clear analysis.....but look at it this way... The only new thing we didn't see while we were applying was 'Preferred Test Centre'. My point still is: If they have gone through all the attachments we put in our applications, trust me, they would have first sent reject mails to people and all they would have asked others would have been preferred test location. If they have gone through the CVs and Cover letters as you have posited, they would have as well gone thru the degree certificates and the questions in the questionnaires won't have arisen at all. That's why I am still going to maintain that Halliburton hasn't perused our applications yet. They would base their sending of test IVs based on the outcome of the questionnaire analysis (I say again- May we meet the criteria they have in mind at this time and may God favour us always). Then after the test, when they now have fewer people, they'll take out time and implement other criteria which they'll av also preset,call some people, drop some. And the process continues till Medicals and eventual onboarding. If I were in HR any company that does public advert like HalliB, this is a simple way I'll conduct recruitment (one day I will definitely). Mek God just dey help us dey go.
    Again, 'MY' thots o- it is not to be quoted. Lol
    If we look at the questionnaire we were sent, we would discover that it carried our names specifically which definitely means that our application has been viewed at some point by the HR team. Also, i will like to ask why wasnt every one that applied initially sent the questionnaire? why did some receive a rejection mail after being sent a questionnaire to fill? The interview has begun already! Lets continue to pray fervently to God to see us through till we all receive our employment letter.
    dianny likes this.

As some of you have suggested, we should them to their criteria and hope to be among those invited for the test. I never uploaded any document when i applied but got the questionnaire. I cudn't fill it and yet to receive any rejection mail.

+ Reply
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast