+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Topic: GE sending emails for next stage!

Re: GE sending emails for next stage!

For the number of stages! I have no idea! But i pray God sees us through.i hope GE's package for graduate trainee is something compared to those major oil top shots.i pray it does,and also i pray to see you all at the end of the road GE amen.

pls why not allow this thread to die till another info about this GE stuff comes up b4 we start giving ourself high BP for the sake of GE. By his grace we will all get something good to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor007 View Post
    ok...so the point is
    The important issue here is, has GE done another communication? Has anyone received any update? It is pointless for people to speculate the next time GE might actually communicate.

"Bad reasoning as well as good reasoning is possible; and this fact is the foundation of the practical side of logic." ~ Charles Sanders Peirce

@mayor007, actuality not speculation is my business here.

...issues!
    I

Quote Originally Posted by saintneo View Post
    The important issue here is, has GE done another communication? Has anyone received any update? It is pointless for people to speculate the next time GE might actually communicate.

"Bad reasoning as well as good reasoning is possible; and this fact is the foundation of the practical side of logic." ~ Charles Sanders Peirce

@mayor007, actuality not speculation is my business here.
    ok sir/ma'am? Roger that.

GE! O GE!! Why art thou keeping mute to thy potential employees

Its on sat. mak una no worry. Den we wil kno who shuld drop n who shuld continue. All d best

Quote Originally Posted by OkoroKingsley View Post
    Its on sat. mak una no worry. Den we wil kno who shuld drop n who shuld continue. All d best
    You're a clown man

guys dont fret

Guys plz we are not here to abuse each oda plz

Just wanted to touch on whats been said. I'm not applying for GE but my brother is (Got both stages of questions). I've been watching this thread for a while, since he started the process.
    I know people who work at GE and its an American company, so things are done differently. The very top management are mostly Americans or Nigerians with extensive GE experience. No written test, the next step will be an interview, be it phone or in person and shortly after that they decide. This means a lot will most likely take place in the next 3 wks.

GE is a great company, not just to grow in, but to have on your CV. Their African division is mostly Energy related and while they've been on the African continent for a while, they are really trying to take advantage of the emerging markets, which we can see from some other American companies, such as Caterpillar and co. So expect to see a lot of jobs coming from them in upcoming months. Its not only engineers that they hire, but a wide range of business positions are available esp in sales/marketing, finance etc.

From what I hear, they are hoping to get the training program sorted out before the month ends, but who knows. Its open to everyone, not just Nigerians, but anyone really from around the world, who is eligible to work in the African country, since training wont just be in Lagos office but others such as Nairobi-Kenya, Luanda-Angola, Accra-Ghana, Jo'burg-South Africa etc.

Also knowing about their other training programs, once one gets the GE training, its like a shoe in, cause when you get done, now can apply for other positions within GE, that you qualify for that is. Now the pay I hear is ok but not jaw dropping, but sometimes in the early stages of career, its best to sacrifice salary for experience. Your experience is with you for your whole life, but your salary is just for today. I'd much rather take a pay cut and work in a position that will allow me great networking and a chance to build, than to run to be a manager in a place that keeps me stagnant at that higher salary for years.
    I pray my brother gets it, and wish everyone the best.
    ozone4oz and Triple-C like this.

@drkoy u hav spoken well,and extensively,we appreciate it,2b honest i don't tink any1 should still b askin questions after reading ur post. I wish all d applicants including ur broda d best...

Quote Originally Posted by Drkoy View Post
    Just wanted to touch on whats been said. I'm not applying for GE but my brother is (Got both stages of questions). I've been watching this thread for a while, since he started the process.
    I know people who work at GE and its an American company, so things are done differently. The very top management are mostly Americans or Nigerians with extensive GE experience. No written test, the next step will be an interview, be it phone or in person and shortly after that they decide. This means a lot will most likely take place in the next 3 wks.

GE is a great company, not just to grow in, but to have on your CV. Their African division is mostly Energy related and while they've been on the African continent for a while, they are really trying to take advantage of the emerging markets, which we can see from some other American companies, such as Caterpillar and co. So expect to see a lot of jobs coming from them in upcoming months. Its not only engineers that they hire, but a wide range of business positions are available esp in sales/marketing, finance etc.

From what I hear, they are hoping to get the training program sorted out before the month ends, but who knows. Its open to everyone, not just Nigerians, but anyone really from around the world, who is eligible to work in the African country, since training wont just be in Lagos office but others such as Nairobi-Kenya, Luanda-Angola, Accra-Ghana, Jo'burg-South Africa etc.

Also knowing about their other training programs, once one gets the GE training, its like a shoe in, cause when you get done, now can apply for other positions within GE, that you qualify for that is. Now the pay I hear is ok but not jaw dropping, but sometimes in the early stages of career, its best to sacrifice salary for experience. Your experience is with you for your whole life, but your salary is just for today. I'd much rather take a pay cut and work in a position that will allow me great networking and a chance to build, than to run to be a manager in a place that keeps me stagnant at that higher salary for years.
    I pray my brother gets it, and wish everyone the best.
    Thanks, man. U gave me hope. Let's wait and see.

+ Reply
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast