+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

Re: THE FATE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS ABROAD

We cant all succeed in jand and i honestly think its wrong to discourage people publicly..The comments here aint even up to hundred for f**k sake..Its not a nice thing to do really..Destiny differ and that explains why people need to make decisions based on what they believe and want in life.Making conclusions based on other people's experience will only cause fear of failure which eventually leads to poverty now or later..

Coming To UK for me has transformed me completely in a positive way.

What you think you know in Nigeria is nada when you come down here..Its a sacrifice which brings good result later in life.Guarantee!

Seek God first in everything you do.

And for pleasure after work,av had sex with a Romanian who grew up in spain,chinese,polish,tanzanian,british,british born Nigerian(most useless though)...wots left is a Jamaican,Pakistani or South American...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dremoney
    Well,while i respect an individual's right to freedom of expression,i also find it so annoying,wicked and a complete indication of ignorance for someone to have started this thread ab-initio.
    The discussion here is an absolute nonsense.I reckon the posters intention is to further encourage and confirm the fears of people who live the bloody days of their miserable life listening to what others got to say.
    For chrissake,Nigeria has been in recession since early 90's yet folks find good jobs while others dont..True,Uk is in a recession but plssssssss,be informed that folks still find and get correct jobs.England is a fully developed economy,not everyone will fit into the system.A good number of Nigerians cant even construct a complete statement.
    Unemployment is everywhere in the world and i find it so disgusting to find a few educated fools misleading the public here.for those advising people not to come to UK,pls answer the following questions honestly and post your reply

1. Has your experience in UK improved your level of exposure?
    2. Did you honestly find schooling here a total waste of time?
    3. You and I know deeply the reward prospects in the future..Yes or No
    4. Did you experience any improvement in your communication skills?
    5. Is every Nigerian in the UK jobless or doing menial jobs as alleged here?what proportion even and sincerely let people at home know how jobs are regulated here..Inform them a properly trained security guy earns more than most bankers in Nigeria.
    6. Inform them that in UK,even without an office job,you get other jobs to keep you busy and still live a normal life..Send money home and save.

For those having a second thought,its your life and choice but be informed that what you think is a well paying job will
    later be not enough for you and your family(mean wife and kids)and to make it pathetic,it strands you if unluckily you loose your job.Coming to UK is a lifetime investment and sacrifice which is beyond measure..You cant place a measurement on the advantage.Yes,because here is developed,you cant fit into the system as we imagine but with time and good adaptable skills,everything will be ok.Even if at anytime you decide to go back home,you will never be the same person again unless you only came here and never mixed with other race.

Bottom Line,the proprietor of companies you all are seeking to work with made an investment at some point with the risk of either failing or otherwise.If you dont live your comfort zone to risk a better future,others will later come to you,catch up with you and overtake in the shortest period of time.

Up to you to decide your future, not listening to some freaking loosers!

Havind read through your post in great detail, i see no evidence of u being learned , with the number of swear words u used in ur posts, u are no doubt the worst contributor to this read and if u ever read i between the lines, u would have understood the reason for this thread but unfortunately u couldn't.
    I would kindly suggest u carry over your aggression else where.....Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by slimboi
    Havind read through your post in great detail, i see no evidence of u being learned , with the number of swear words u used in ur posts, u are no doubt the worst contributor to this read and if u ever read i between the lines, u would have understood the reason for this thread but unfortunately u couldn't.
    I would kindly suggest u carry over your aggression else where.....Cheers
    Typical example.4rm ur initial to last comment,none was constructed correctly and u soo want a job in UK.olodo!
    Be sincere to yourself,what prospects do u think you have at the moment compared to dem ones you advise to keep their jobs and wait for comfort to chase them.
    Brov,this topic is absolutely distracting and irrelevant.There's no basis for this other than corrupting the minds of ignorant Nigerians you were meant to encourage.You were one-sided in your analysis of the way the system works here.
    Keep your flipping caution to yourself and help others decide positively..Dont deny them what you already got.

Greedy Agabya ,

All blames go the to corruption and the abysmal decadence in our Naija system on the part of our shameless, visionless, illiterate (maybe educated-illiterate) and barbaric Nigerian leaders who have been able to do nothing but fail the country from the ab initio!!!All man should hope in God's providence and self-reassurance for realization of his/her goals,aspirations and dreams.Pronto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aarondeg
    All blames go the to corruption and the abysmal decadence in our Naija system on the part of our shameless, visionless, illiterate (maybe educated-illiterate) and barbaric Nigerian leaders who have been able to do nothing but fail the country from the ab initio!!!All man should hope in God's providence and self-reassurance for realization of his/her goals,aspirations and dreams.Pronto!!
    Thank you jare brov.

What an interesting topic. I think everybody is right to some extent. Life is all about risk!

I arrived the UK in September and I must tell you that nothing has surprised me.
    True, the UK is a difficult place to live in, but we must be realistic about some basic things. Like I said, I have not had any culture shock and the reasons are following:

1. I did a thorough study of the 2 schools that offered me a place wrt their content, employability in Nigeria and the UK. I'm not God so I can't say I made a 100% decision, but so far so good. I also did a good check about newspapers that advertise jobs...I found that 90% of Nigerians in Scotland don't even know the papers to look for jobs. I must stress that the papers are important.

2. I consider it plain madness, apologies for my strong words, to resign a job and go face uncertainties. A job is a job, no matter where it is.

3. Bros and sisters, you have to be realistic! YOU ARE NOT A BRITISH CITIZEN! How do you expect to come all the way from Nigeria and be at par with white Britons? Didn't you require a visa before coming here? For that simple reason, you shouldn't expect to be at par with the uneducated 'Connor Maccalister'. If you are from the east or west and you can't confidently apply for a job in, say, Borno State civil service, then I think you have no right complaining about Oyibo double standards. Again, new immigration rules are to be implemented very soon, including the possibility of barring non-EU students from working! So intending students should be vey careful.
    I regard it as an insult to berate someone for doing menial jobs. The menial jobs are ok. The very fact that you can work and school makes all the difference! Haba! Can you do menial jobs in Nigeria as a student and not look like a bus conductor? I came in September, yet I'm doing 2 jobs. But, it's not always like that. I am just receiving God's favour.
    The issue of tax is actually very silly!we complain of NEPA, roads and water in Nigeria. Now you are in the UK, these things are standard, yet we grumble about tax.
    Finally, I consider it as saying the obvious that home is home. Of course, home is home! Home is equal to the passport you carry.
    Finally, if I had landed at least 1 job from like the 105 applications I did in Nigeria, I wouldn't have bothered coming here

The more u look the less u see. I luv this topic because I have more than a book to write, it would later be boring to the house if i write too much.
    House, i smile cos i would ask 5 question and pls keep the answer to yourself.

1.How many advert have u seen that states a master degree required(90% would say a master degree is an added advantage.)

2.You trust the foreing degree because of our system ,y?

3.universities come from UK to tell you tales by moonlight stories and you believe them,do you think they want ur progress?
    4.How much do you pay for visa , i knw u would say 30,000 naira.HOUSE your tution fee and the mony you would pay for house rent and shooping is d mony you pay for visa,accept or decline?
    5.Do you thing their leaders are not corrupt? if you think so,y has their great leaders created a strong system to checkmate and yet everyday diffrent mony scanda(though small) but corruption is corruption,western world would nt teach u d tricks of the technology despite u paid a huge fee.Do u think USA is nt regretting tdy as regards Japan develpomnt?

God bless you all praise to Jesus(APTJ).U know APTJ u are educated,literate and not just did u go to school but u understood what it means to b enlighten.
    pls i would like to link up with you.my yahoo add is [email protected]

West Delta, nice one. But e still remain sha.
    The High Commission guys always ask you to provide proof that u can afford to school here. They also require proof that you can complete your studies and be ready to go back home. So it's all a matter being very careful, cos £15,000-£20,000 is not beans!
    Probably all schools in the UK have international recruitment/marketing offices. That's because they need to attract the people that will make their schools multi-cultural, consistent with the structure of the UK society, plus they need the higher tution fees that international students pay.
    Whether they want my progress is quite unfair a statement to make. They are schools not charity and employment companies.
    Why won't I have more trust in the foreign degree? Guy, tell yourself the truth.
    As per corruption, don't even go there! Transparency International always publishes a corruption index. An index is always relative, it's only in heaven that there's no corruption. Remember that OBJ was one of the 'founding fathers of transparency international'.
    The summary of the whole topic is: Is it worth it coming to the UK for a Masters as (a) a previously employed person and (b) a previously unemplyed person?
    Even twins are different in certain respects. Therefore, we can't expect the experience to be the same for all.
    Bottomline? Wherever you are, make good of opportunities you have!

West Delta, no shaking. it's [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by All Praise To Jesus
    I arrived the UK in September and I must tell you that nothing has surprised me.
    True, the UK is a difficult place to live in, but we must be realistic about some basic things. Like I said, I have not had any culture shock and the reasons are following:

1. I did a thorough study of the 2 schools that offered me a place wrt their content, employability in Nigeria and the UK. I'm not God so I can't say I made a 100% decision, but so far so good. I also did a good check about newspapers that advertise jobs...I found that 90% of Nigerians in Scotland don't even know the papers to look for jobs. I must stress that the papers are important.

2. I consider it plain madness, apologies for my strong words, to resign a job and go face uncertainties. A job is a job, no matter where it is.

3. Bros and sisters, you have to be realistic! YOU ARE NOT A BRITISH CITIZEN! How do you expect to come all the way from Nigeria and be at par with white Britons? Didn't you require a visa before coming here? For that simple reason, you shouldn't expect to be at par with the uneducated 'Connor Maccalister'. If you are from the east or west and you can't confidently apply for a job in, say, Borno State civil service, then I think you have no right complaining about Oyibo double standards. Again, new immigration rules are to be implemented very soon, including the possibility of barring non-EU students from working! So intending students should be vey careful.
    I regard it as an insult to berate someone for doing menial jobs. The menial jobs are ok. The very fact that you can work and school makes all the difference! Haba! Can you do menial jobs in Nigeria as a student and not look like a bus conductor? I came in September, yet I'm doing 2 jobs. But, it's not always like that. I am just receiving God's favour.
    The issue of tax is actually very silly!we complain of NEPA, roads and water in Nigeria. Now you are in the UK, these things are standard, yet we grumble about tax.
    Finally, I consider it as saying the obvious that home is home. Of course, home is home! Home is equal to the passport you carry.
    Finally, if I had landed at least 1 job from like the 105 applications I did in Nigeria, I wouldn't have bothered coming here
    When a sincere and exposed person speaks,nobody will doubt the sincerity.
    Brov,you just made a good analysis of how the system works here so its up to whoever wants to make a decision to do so..You just posted an honest advise not like the fool who started this thred.

This tread just shows me that naija will n can never change cos we have some miscrants that will never allow for change and good governance.

@ All Praise To Jesus

"Finally, if I had landed at least 1 job from like the 105 applications I did in Nigeria, I wouldn't have bothered coming here"

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS THAT FROM THE 105 JOBS U APPLIED FOR IN NAIJA IS ANYONE RELATED
    -TO SERVING BURGERS IN MR BIGGS,
    -SWEEPING OJUELEGBA, SCRUBBING
    -PLATES AT EKO HOTEL

HOW CAN!...NO NA U GET BSC.NOW WITH UR BSC AND MSC U WAN DE DO AM. uR MOUTH LIKE U GOT A JOB IN SEPT WEN U CAME..WETIN U DE DO?

U R STILL A FRESHER SO U STILL BE JONNY JUST COME!

@ Dremoney

"And for pleasure after work,av had sex with a Romanian who grew up in spain,chinese,polish,tanzanian,british,british born Nigerian(most useless though)...wots left is a Jamaican,Pakistani or South American...lol"

...........seriously i dont know what to say to u.Ur achievements is having sex with a lost Romanian. U see in naija u can do the same only if u know ur way. However, i have a friend in the UK and life was all good like ur till she pulled a Rabbit out of his arse if u know what i mean. Please kip ur filt to ur self.

Naijans please if u wan go do msc for uk i beg go but have no regrets. The guy who began tis thread is not in any way discouraging u. He is just sayin THINK B4 U LEAP! N AS FOR ME I STAYED THERE 4 5YEARS E NO EASY NO MAKE ANYONE DULL U. NO LEAVE UR JAB FOR OFFICE OH!

+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast