+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Topic: Diageo has started sending mails

Re: Diageo has started sending mails

Quote Originally Posted by dennizzman View Post
    Correct men full ground wella... I hail the full house. God go do am 4 us o0, irrespective of d company in question! Gbam!
    Amen o! So what is d l8st wiv Diageo? Wia r d peeps who hv made 2ru?
    "Today is the Yesterday of Tomorrow, by Tomorrow it would be impossible to make Yesterday phenomenal. So take Today more important than yesterday, then only would Yesterday cling to Tomorrow". Kainos_k...(2009)

Quote Originally Posted by kainos_k View Post
    Amen o! So what is d l8st wiv Diageo? Wia r d peeps who hv made 2ru?
    bro, no idea yet o0, i m yet to do my A.c sef! But i ld be sure 2 explicitly detail my xperienc when i do mine..Its not by competition o0, its by divine favour and fine preparedness..whicheva way it turns out, i wuld post duly..! One luv o0!

Beethoven, can you give us a brief brkdwn of wat to expect especially in d interview section. wat kind of problem were u given to solve in d group work stage. Just describe d stages n d problems given to u dat day. I know i'm asking much but dat wuld help ur brothers in putting our foot on d right pedal. thank u so so so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dennizzman View Post
    bro, no idea yet o0, i m yet to do my A.c sef! But i ld be sure 2 explicitly detail my xperienc when i do mine..Its not by competition o0, its by divine favour and fine preparedness..whicheva way it turns out, i wuld post duly..! One luv o0!
    Denizzman, when are you up for your A.C

Quote Originally Posted by kessy2011 View Post
    I got this message from Diageo today. I have been bounced. All the best to those in the race.

Re: Pan Africa Early Career Programme Assessment Centre

TO:
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:21 PM

Message body

Dear,
    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MAIL

Many thanks for attending the assessment centre for the above position in Guinness Nigeria PLC.
    We however regret to inform you that you were unsuccessful on this occasion.
    We wish to thank you for the interest you have shown in our organization.

Detailed feedback on your performance will be shared with you via phone within 2 weeks from today.

Kind Regards
    Talent Delivery Team

Reply to: Reply to [email protected]
    Send
    Kessy, i am so so sorry and i feel for you, but i'm very sure that the good Lord will set u on a beta rock. Just for asking, when did you do d A.C and wen did u get the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by kessy2011 View Post
    I got this message from Diageo today. I have been bounced. All the best to those in the race.

Re: Pan Africa Early Career Programme Assessment Centre

TO:
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:21 PM

Message body

Dear,
    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MAIL

Many thanks for attending the assessment centre for the above position in Guinness Nigeria PLC.
    We however regret to inform you that you were unsuccessful on this occasion.
    We wish to thank you for the interest you have shown in our organization.

Detailed feedback on your performance will be shared with you via phone within 2 weeks from today.

Kind Regards
    Talent Delivery Team

Reply to: Reply to [email protected]
    Send
    Kessy, i am so so sorry and i feel for you, but i'm very sure that the good Lord will set u on a beta rock. Just for asking, when did you do d A.C and wen did u get the bounced mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Linx24 View Post
    Just left the AC still on the move will just give a quick breakdown
    Interview: basic competency questions
    Why diageo
    Why the grad program
    Tell us about a time when you worked with a difficult colleague, supervisor or customer
    Tell us about a time when you developed a skill or started something new
    When you found yourself in a difficult situation and how u delt with it
    And alot of other questions

Role play
    You will be given a document to read to prepare yourself and the will chair a meeting (mine was with a difficult emplyee that had problems with another team player)

Presentation
    Again a booklet, read, timed, process info and present. Mine was about the selection of site for a new product.

Group exercise
    Booklet read, timed, process info, discus and agree with other group members. Then u can elect some one to present.
    Mine was abt a new product launch.

I hope this helps, the people in this forum should remember that the main goal is to share info and help one another.

And before i forget the position today is the IS position and most of us studied IT related courses.
    Got to go home later and goodluck guys
    Linx, i can not jus overestimate the kind of help u've rendered here, and we're are jus speechless and so grateful. Plzzz, i implore u to shed more light on d interview questions as d ones u stated here were asked in d one-on-one interview.... pls tell us more on wat 2 expect in d interview stage of d A.C, and wat were the "lot of other questions" asked. Nw, about the product launch, wat were u asked to do there? were u asked to do a presentation on hw to launch or...? Does it also mean that there will be two presentations (individual/single presentatn and group presentatn)? As u said, its all about sharing info and helping one another. I wuld rily rily appreciate ur help here. Thanks.

hello forumites, this thread has been very exciting and invigorating..well wen i read comments and the hopes people place on diageo i feel diageo is overrated..well all i can say is that all that glitters is not GOLD. diageo is a stepping stones and where your success lies...for those that will get the job you will find out that its not what you expect u get so no high hopes.but i still wish you the best.THINK OUT OF THE BOX.

Quote Originally Posted by chuks01 View Post
    hello forumites, this thread has been very exciting and invigorating..well wen i read comments and the hopes people place on diageo i feel diageo is overrated outside ...well all i can say is that all that glitters is not GOLD. diageo is a stepping stone and NOT where your success lies...for those that will get the job you will find out that its not what you expected .but i still wish you the best.THINK OUT OF THE BOX.
    sorry for my typos in the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by bestdiddy View Post
    Linx, i can not jus overestimate the kind of help u've rendered here, and we're are jus speechless and so grateful. Plzzz, i implore u to shed more light on d interview questions as d ones u stated here were asked in d one-on-one interview.... pls tell us more on wat 2 expect in d interview stage of d A.C, and wat were the "lot of other questions" asked. Nw, about the product launch, wat were u asked to do there? were u asked to do a presentation on hw to launch or...? Does it also mean that there will be two presentations (individual/single presentatn and group presentatn)? As u said, its all about sharing info and helping one another. I wuld rily rily appreciate ur help here. Thanks.
    Well, I typed those interview questions immediately before I forget them(i have forgotten now), but prepare for competency based questions and a repetition of the questions you were asked on the during the earlier one on one interview stage.

As for the presentation,you, as a Team project manager will be asked to give a presentation on the location to open a new plant (we were given 2 options: one in china and the other in US) and you will be given factors to consider in making your presentation. I will advise you to stick to the criteria you were given to make the decision.

For the Role play, I was asked to confront a difficult employee (which was played by a Guinness HR employee). I had a problem here because I did not read carefully to determine my objective. Make sure you note points in all these activities including names and you position and the position of the person(s) you are to address.

Finally for the group exercise, we were asked do a product launch and we were given lots of other factors and a limit on the cost of the product. Our goal were to determine
    Product packaging type
    An extra gift to add with the product
    Give profit estimates
    Marketing tactics (advertising methods)
    And some other things i have forgotten
    You will first be timed and allowed to work alone for about 30mins, then the group will have to discus and make a decision on all that in about 25mins. At the end you can choose to elect a person to present on behalf of the group or each of you can chose to present on your own.

Don't worry about reading anything before the assessment center, all the materials and info you will need for all the activities will be provided, you just need to know how to assimilate and process relevant information quickly.

Finally, sorry I wasn't able to respond on time and can't remember much anymore, work has been as stressful as usual (I am already working) and also am truly flattered by all the positive remarks at my previous post. I really just went for the experience, don't need the job. Anyway I hope this will help and finally be focused, calm and confident. We will all make it.
    Safe and Good luck

Well, I typed those interview questions immediately before I forget them(i have forgotten now), but prepare for competency based questions and a repetition of the questions you were asked on the during the earlier one on one interview stage.

As for the presentation,you, as a Team project manager will be asked to give a presentation on the location to open a new plant (we were given 2 options: one in china and the other in US) and you will be given factors to consider in making your presentation. I will advise you to stick to the criteria you were given to make the decision.

For the Role play, I was asked to confront a difficult employee (which was played by a Guinness HR employee). I had a problem here because I did not read carefully to determine my objective. Make sure you note points in all these activities including names and you position and the position of the person(s) you are to address.

Finally for the group exercise, we were asked do a product launch and we were given lots of other factors and a limit on the cost of the product. Our goal were to determine
    Product packaging type
    Give profit estimates
    You will first be timed and allowed to work alone for about 30mins, then the group will have to discus and make a decision on all that in about 25mins. At the end you can choose to elect a person to present on behalf of the group or each of you can chose to present on your own.

Don't worry about reading anything before the assessment center, all the materials and info you will need for all the activities will be provided, you just need to know how to assimilate and process relevant information quickly.

Finally, sorry I wasn't able to respond on time and can't remember much anymore, work has been as stressful as usual (I am already working) and also am truly flattered by all the positive remarks at my previous post. I really just went for the experience, don't need the job. Anyway I hope this will help and finally be focused, calm and confident. We will all make it.
    Safe and Good luck
    tanx for your immense help. am grateful. hpe work is goin fine. na una own beta oooo..... lool. tanx man

Product packaging type
    Give profit estimates

Safe and Good luck
    I had mine today, i feel so tired now as we were in the second batch. Finished at about 6.45pm.

Everything i hoped to say today has been captured by this wonderful dude..thats all there is folks, but bear in mind that even with this details you already have, it doesn't assure your bulldozing the A.C, trust me when i say this. everything you have to do will seem too cumbersome and so all-encompassing, so try to be quick as time will never be sufficient.

Try not to brood over a part of the exercise that you feel you didn't do well. Just be positive and make sure you don't argue too much in your group discussion so that you can achieve results promptly.
    If i am asked to state how i performed, frankly speaking i don't think i have much good stories to detail, it was just very average 4 me. Although i still am moderately hopeful, but i will not be damaged by any negative results, if i get any..So just learn from the experience.

Everyother thing has been mentioned by linx, so go there and try to be natural. Most important of all, try to see it as a learning experience and not one to necessarily kill urself about.

Goodluck all, and most importantly remember say, "NA ONLY BABA GOD"...Gbam!
    I

I think Dennizzman and Linx24 really deserve medals.
    Actually, I was planning to share my experience (from my A.C. yesterday) for the benefit of those who have not had theirs but realised that the details captured below (by den and linx) were just more than sufficient.
    However, my contribution is for candidates to have an open but analytical mind. Then try to sustain the energy throughout the entire exercise!
    God's favour shall reign!
    Cheers and wishing you all the very best!

+ Reply
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast