+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Topic: Comments on Shell Test

Re: Comments on Shell Test

Why dont you guys just apply common statistical techniques you learnt in school. Are you telling me that if no one scores above 70% no one will be shortlisted for yhr SRD. That should only tell you that the cut off will be based on overall perfomance of all test takes.

If you noticed on the answer sheets there were different examiner boxes. One of these was caption percentile. if you remember your statistics well then you would understand that 70th percentile maybe all those who scores over 50%. It could as well be 40 or 60% all depends on overall performane. I hope i made sense

@nero444, U are a friend in need.
    thanks

Ufuoma77, I appreciate your sincerity. but stuffs dey happnd 4 naija o...

@house, dont take my desperado act the wrong way, I only want to be fully ready 4 test
    by using the best prep...
    I greatly appreciates all advise posted so far in respect of the ongoing T....

u know na.....
    na friend in need dey always be friend in-deed.

wait o... na indeed or in did? i don dey 4get
    well what ever,
    thanks

Hello House and those who had taken the shell test, does it mean the verbal format is " TRUE, FALSE, CANNOT SAY? Thanks to all who have been contributing. One luv.

gzl

@oilprince: when is your test scheduled to hold? I go really like to hear your comment after the test
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

Hmmm!! The bitter truth about all these Oil companies is that they are not merit driven. Even if you smash all their tests and interviews, you won't get there without knowing a top manager. Take it or leave it, the truth has been said. There is no harm in trying anyways. All the best @y'all.
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

since HR guys are watchin i will probably not be revealing much
    buther is a fact dnt be rotating the copy jus cos it differs from the master, it waste more time rada, look at the individual components as dey follow each oda dat way u can spot the error quicker.
    Also i fu probably see d error it is d error dont go checking evryoda component jus shade n move on
    lastly 0f the forty questions 10 always have a long member shorter, and except for one master variants no components has two errors.

so, we have to lobby to get a job?

Wit all this infos going up and down in here, i expect d PH guys to do beta than d Lag guys. Well sha, wat next o! Ppl na hw long we gats wait oh! One more thing, those UK guys, how dem come do their paroz! Jst curious .... I sense d SHELL fire don de quench, may dem PH dudes go reignite am.... I honestly can't wait for their own side of d story.... Friday quick come na!.

Who knows anythin about SEAWELLS Consulting test format... i've just bn invited for an online test....

@ Ufoma, do u think Shell will give exactly the same questions that was given to Lag candidates to PH candidates?? I dont think so. maybe the spatial could be the same, but as for the numerical and verbal, i'm sure that shell has different variants, same no of questions and same time allocation. The HR guys already know that some pple with camera brains in lag will download all the verbal and numerical questions to their friends in PH immediately after the test.
    Again, the major prayer is that when the decision for the cut-off percentile is being made, that it should be less than one's score. Don't be surprised that the exam scripts were marked rit in the hall immediately after the exam.....so it should not take more than a month to hear the results

We shall make it because God pass them all, especially "man-know-man" people

@Samtex: I'm a Nigerian quite alright and I know what goes on in this country like everybody else but to say that all these oil companies are not merit driven is untrue. Perhaps your statement about not getting the job by smashing their tests and interviews without knowing a top manager was an exaggeration, but it is false as well. I do know that influence accounts for the majority of jobs in Nigeria but that doesn't mean that people don't get jobs based on merit only. Samtex, I dare say that if you 'smash' this shell test and the SRD, you'll definitely be a Shell worker bcos there'll be no denying you. Let's try to improve our mentalities so that we don't always go in search of influence and relegate merit to the sidelines. By exalting influence above merit, we further kill the Nigerian system.
    Wish y'all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by toluluck
    @ Ufoma, do u think Shell will give exactly the same questions that was given to Lag candidates to PH candidates?? I dont think so. maybe the spatial could be the same, but as for the numerical and verbal, i'm sure that shell has different variants, same no of questions and same time allocation. The HR guys already know that some pple with camera brains in lag will download all the verbal and numerical questions to their friends in PH immediately after the test.
    Again, the major prayer is that when the decision for the cut-off percentile is being made, that it should be less than one's score. Don't be surprised that the exam scripts were marked rit in the hall immediately after the exam.....so it should not take more than a month to hear the results

We shall make it because God pass them all, especially "man-know-man" people
    @ tolluluck, i totally agree with you.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast