+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: CISTERN GROUP

Re: CISTERN GROUP

Hmmm....interesting. This company exists and the offer letter contains everything that it should (apart from the exemption status which this job qualifies for). If this is a scam, then it is a well planned one.

However, I noticed there is no contact phone number on any of the letters. I took the liberty of getting their phone number from their website (+1 800 247 8376) and email ([email protected]). I suggest you contact them because I seriously doubt that a company in the US will give you such a juicy offer after ONLY an online assessment...ie without a series of interviews .

@oposky1982,
    i think we shouldn't be too careful so as not to loose a good offer. as far as i can see from the offer and job descriptions you have not been asked to pay any money as an acceptance fee like our scammers do so why can't you just play along and see where the whole thing will end. check all the procedures and do what you are asked quickly before one of the scammers decide to officially do the confirmation on your behalf and forward the acceptance through their own box with a good excuse for the new email address to the company.
    i wish you all the best and keep the house posted.

the offer looks real to me... :P :P

i signed aand send them the employment copy yesterday and this morning they sent me the username and password for online training and the prompt me that I wil not be able to login untill i do the competency test fromm www.iipdr.org and upon the receipt of my test ....hmmm..

Guys Naija online scam guys jave gotten more sophisticated than u think to the extent of floating websites or hi jacking domain names of similar websites & having private e-mail ads. The company might exist but these scammers can do a simple "name-jacking" to convince u.
    MY ADVICE:Since money issues have been raised. SHUN AM!!. Or like TESTIMONY said, contact the address on d original site 1st just to clear ur mind.

Guys shine ur eyes! with Nigeria Educational qualification (BEng), no company in US will hire you. you have to top up ur Educational qualification in USA by acquiring a master degree before seeking for a good job in US, said by Uncle who has been in US for more than 30 yrs.....please reject the offer b/4 it's too late.

Thanks alot man

I think it is a genuine offer since the professional competence test you were asked to write is because you were not trained in the US. As much as I can advise, in these days of NO JOB. It is worth giving a try.

@Bishop....and the general house. Underemployment is the chief cause of these scams but please my advise here is that U must get closer to ur God..He will do good to u, I pray. Be mindful of the scammers as no company will ever ask a to be employed to pay for any test. Then what is the work of their HR? Quoting company names, sending employment letters here and there.......a graduate degree shld be able to read and understand I believe, so my brothers and sisters be wise. NO COMPANY WILL ASK YOU TO PAY MONEY FOR EMPLOYMENT!!
    o

@ Bishop My advice is this, reading through the whole employment package its seems very real to me and the issue of payment for the competency test is not too much as i can see. $300 anyway this life is all about try and error, while not give it trail. If fail then you count it as a losing money but what do you think if we think this is scam and it later turn to be real. My guy please don`t waste this great opportunity. I wish you success in pursing this further. Good luck.

This is pure scam.Dont even think of trying it out.You will definitely loose and regret it. Be warned!!!!!

Guy run with money. I google the address on their website, the address don't exist, all address in the usa is on google map. Just try any address U know in the US it most show. U can see the real picture of the houses in the area by typing the address on the search bar, and then double clicking on "A" symbol on the map. You will see the small picture of the area, double click it the image of the street will show. U can move the handle on the small man at the bottom of the page and the street address will show. The 8900 number is not within the street.
    Also calling them is not smart thing to do becos I can roam my line. My glo or mtn sim can be used in the USA, britian or anywhere, and the same is to the usa lines.
    The number one rule for job scam is never pay to get a job. Genuiene employers don't need your money only scammer do.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM CISTERN. THEY ARE OUT THERE TO SCAM YOU

+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast