+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Topic: Unilever 3rd Stage: Management Trainee.

Re: Unilever 3rd Stage: Management Trainee.

@ Tess, yes d completed applicatn form wld be collected and all credentials plus birth cert screend. But the questions i was askd were totally different from wat i filled in the form.

@Sign, i receive it in Jesus Name...Amen. Yes, uld be given a passage to present. There wld b ?s in d passage u wld also nid to answer plus ?s thrown at u by the assessors. Wish u the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sign
    @kblaze,,,,, am just too happy for u,,,,,,, May God continue to bless n favour u,,,, abeg explain hw person fit hit dis nail na,,, assessment centre...,,, ur response will be highly appreciated
    thanks, Amen, Amen and Amen
    Assessment centers- usually consists of presentation, group discussion an interview and in some cases role play........ just adding a little to what the biggerboy(ze) has said

for Presentation... first make sure you understand the question and what is required of you , its so easy to get lost in the details and go off-point, understand the scenario, different possibilities, merits and demerits, risks and benefits.
    focus only on the information given in the booklets,
    read the whole materials, get the gist and skip the irrelevant details, summarize and itemize (list) your points in minimum of 2-3 words and on the slide given for the presentation, do this for all scenarios +ve or -ve. then "you are good to go".
    mount the stage, be confident they are there to learn from at that point so teach them, begin by introducing your self and telling them what you are there to deliver(i.e present), dont assume they already know,
    point to your slides and explain those points everyone of them and summarize, let them see your logic and the reasons for your decision if you are required to make one.
    be professional through out and be full of smiles, laugh where you should be serious also when should....

Group discussion/Team assessment................a lot of persons forget the purpose of this exercise (note), it is not to test how intelligent you are (i.e i wan show dem say nah me hot pass), it represents aggressiveness when you bring all the ideas, without allowing your team members any space to contribute or how quiet you are (i.e i wan show dem say nah me humble pass) it stands for timidity, and you are not arguing sports in a bar where you shout down the man u or chelsea fan and almost fight and beat him up (well dont laugh), it almost happened in a team exercise i had once, wouldnt mention, everybody was shouting and no one was heard.
    Team work is about relaxing and acting, forget the competition and be friendly.
    points they note
    1. Read the materials very well, underline or write out your points, make reasonable contributions to the team, be participative, not overflogging a point already made or drawing everybody backward or forward or derailing and talking off point just to be heard,,,it shows lack of coherence/attention and that you weren't participating, your ability to call this to the attention of a team member and stop it by pointing this out "i mean professionally" is a bonus as it demonstrates leadership.
    2. Some persons naturally never admit they are wrong and do all it takes to stupidly defend their position, if the whole team does not agree with your point, explain it to them logically and professionally, then ACCEPT it, it demonstrates team play (9 heads are better than one), openly admitting an error and acknowledging a team members point is a double double bonus.
    3. Carrying everybody along, summarizing and clarifying agreements, actively seeking other team members opinion, accepting better alternatives, being time conscious, jotting down team points, building on other team members ideas.
    4. and forget looking at the observers and stating your ideas/opinions to them when you are suppose to be discussing with your team, forget it you are losing your points already, never 4get the purpose of the exercise, it isnt about your presentation skills or intelligence, it's simply group work, your ability to flow.

Role Play.......psychologically and literally assume the role i mean 4get the fact that you are an applicant if they say you are the MD or manager, visualize it and accept it, handle the situation the way you think an MD would curt and professionally, smile where you should, be serious when you should 2, dont be 2 bossy, literally write down your recommendation, ask the right questions and always act in the best interest of the company, explore alternative approaches, understand the company and its mission.

interview........the usual stuff

@ sign, @all ................ hope i helped in my own little way, wish you all the best

@kblaze,,,, God will bless you,,,,. .... U av really helped boost my confidence in just a minute .... God bless u again n again....

Re:

@b...boyze,wat an unprecedented input. Despite yr tight schedule @yr new place u stil hav time to giv hopefuls broad insight of wat 2xpect(not like some insane wuss's). God bles u and may He cntinue to answer al yr heart desires.

@Zinggi, thanks for sharing your experience. Please aw many photocopies of the credentials were required?

Secondly, finishing at such late hour, aw do pple who reside in Lagos get back to their homes at that time? I'm quite sure there was transport arrangement for those who were lodged in an hotel.
    I heard some gist about being up-to-date with current affairs in the country. Did u have any such questions?

@Zinggi tnx God bless you. pls was the presentation in slides n pls wat kind of questions were u asked. pls dear how many copies of the application form is needed.

@zinngi..,,,, fnks,,,,....

@ Zinggi, yea. we finally met even though for a short while.
    Hope to see you again in the near future.

@ Toluluck, don't worry about transportation. They will make arrangements for that; whether you reside in lagos or not. There was a taxi for those residing in lag. Also, we were not asked questions on current affairs.

@Tess, just one application form was collected. The presentation wasnt in slides. Ul be given a booklet 2read and digest, den ul do a presentation on wat u understood from the booklet. The questions wld be askd based on the content of the booklet u r given, ur understanding of it and wat u said during ur presentation.

@Chensonlee, thanks for the info. I pray that testimonies will be the end result of this interview in Jesus' name.

Goodluck to all who have done theirs and to those who are yet to do theirs!

@Chesonlee and Zingi:How many were they on the panel interview- 8,10?
    Like how many questions were u asked?

Is it just presentation and interviews?cos nobody is saying anything about role-play.About transportation,are they going to organize that for us?Is it an individual presentation?whats d purpose of the group....guys please more info on this assessment center na......peeps are getting quite anxious.Those that have done theirs should just give a detailed description of the exercise process.....

+ Reply
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast