+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Topic: Unilever 3rd Stage: Management Trainee.

Re:

@chesonlee,God wil b by yr side for: we live by faith not by sight. Gudluck!

Re: Unilever 3rd Stage: Management Trainee.

@chesonlee,,, dnt worry, God will lead n guide u,,,,, i dont have a clue cos av nt done mine too,,,... Goodluck

Unilever 3rd Stage: Management Trainee...

@Ches, dnt wori 'k. God's in control. Shld b joining u ova dere 2moro and am bliving we'l be back with testimonies of HIS faithfulness.

Hey Chesonlee, lemme hint you. You'll find a buildinh, you'll find people in there, probably computers, furniture, etc. At least you know what to expect now.

Senior Member opiantor_yagayaga's Avatar

success
    The best is yet to come

Let me give u guys a hint, it's a whole day process which ends like 10pm. It's 6 stages, 4 group work, 1 presentation and 1 last interview. Just try to be confident inurself.

@petite21, thanks dear. Abt zooming off 2lag. 2moro's my d-day, gues il play ma part & leave d rest for God.

Pls with regards to the presentation wud u be given a topic to discuss on or you cud use any topic and is the presentation for just the Assessors to listen 2 or is for everyone including us to listen to everyone dat presents and pls how long was the presentation meant to last?

The presentation is going to be inform of a case study and the requirements for the presentation wld be in the case study. Only to Assesors wld be there when u re makin d presentation, one observing, d other askin u d questions

Dear Unilever Future Leaders Programme Hopefuls

Let me start by congratulating those of you that made it this far in the UFLP. I should have been here with you guys to give my support, encouragements and advises but I have had little or no time because of my job, thus the communication gap. Though, I pulled out of this UFLP race, but I still feel like I’m a big part of it, seriously, I wished I had not pulled out…lol

Let me share with you guys what you should expect ahead of you for the UFLP programme

I have been involved in Final Assessment Day/Recruitment Day process like this before now and trust me people; it is usually very interesting but challenging. Challenging in the sense that you are in a competition with the best graduates in the UFLP race and interesting in the sense that you would have lots of fun and fun filled activities.

Take Note: In Assessment day/Recruitment Day exercises like this, the “most unlikely people” are the ones that normally succeed.

Don’t underestimate any candidate you meet at this final UFLP interview because I tell you from experience, it is those people who you wld look down on that would be the first to be chosen before you. You would understand better what I mean when you see the results of this final stage interview

Let me define what i mean by the “most unlikely people”. They usually have all of these qualities.

1. Humility
    2. Active Participation
    3. Team Spirit
    4. Well Behaved

Humility - This is the 1st impression you must create before the interview panel. Once they perceive you to be very humble, then you are sure to have an easy ride to come out successful. It is the most powerful weapon for you to win at such events. Humility is not just been quiet but being respectful, Avoid talking too much, talk when necessary and avoid taking the lead at all times. You could be perceived wrongly to be “too forward” when you strive to always take the lead at all team exercises

Active Participation- Remember to partake actively in your team exercises, don’t fight to be the head of the team. A natural leader is always noted in how you display your team participation. It is not judged by who is the team leader/presenter but are you contributing to the team? Always make a valuable contribution but don’t impose yourself/your decisions on others. Appreciate the fact that every team members’ contribution is valuable and do not blame or prempt a team member.

During presentations by the panel members, ask a question when necessary but don’t ask too many questions. This could portray you to be too forward and arrogant.

Team Spirit: What are your contributions when given a team exercise, were you active, were you passive or were you redundant? Make valuable contributions and always help a team member who isn’t playing along and endeavour to put him/her in the right path. Don’t you ever disagree with your team. Remember its team work and every one of you is held accountable for the failure or success of the team

Well Behaved: These are the most quiet people in the whole exercise. Those people who prefer not to speak at all and remain quiet throughout the exercise are the most favourite to win. These people only talk when asked a question or when required to say something.
    This is another strong weapon you can use to succeed

Assessment programme/Centres or Recruitment Day consists of:

1. Group discussion,
    2. Presentation,
    3. Role play and
    4. Interview.

Group discussion: You will be all be given a passage to read for some minutes after which you will be required to answer the questions while all the interview panel listen and take notes.

Presentation: You will be given another passage to read after while you will be called individually to come and give answers to the questions raised in the passage through presentation. You will be asked series of questions after you presentation. Presentation assessors usually consist of 2 people but this could vary, it could involve the entire interview panel.

Role Play: You will be given another passage to read for a few minutes after which you will be asked to respond to the questions. For example you may be asked to assume the role of the managing director of a company in distress and you may be asked to address the issues and remedy the solutions as the managing director.

Interview: This is usually the last phase of the whole recruitment day. You would be asked a single question and you are to respond with the best possible answer. For example, you could be asked questions such as

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5yrs?
    • What would you do if you find out your boss/supervisor is not doing the right thing?
    • Have you been in a situation where you did your best, but your best wasn’t good enough?
    • Who is your role model and give reasons for your choice of answer?

With these simple hints, I expect you are fairly grounded on what lies ahead for you. But I keep saying it and I wld still keep to my words….”Its not by Intelligence or by being smart, but it is only by the special grace of God.”

In whatever you do, don’t fail to kneel down and pray for God’s divine favour. This is the strongest weapon of all

Good luck to the successful candidate and may God bless you abundantly

@biggerboyze tks a bunch , learnt a lot 4rm dis. how is ur new place going? bet ur hv fun? tkr & tks 4 being a broda.

pls wu u kindly send me d detail mail or web 4 for 2 attend very fast

Goodluck to all those who have their exercise 2day.wish u all luck.don't forget to come back with details oh.I know all NHJ will make it thru.Lets just maintain the faith that has carried us through all the stages.

+ Reply
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast