+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Quote Originally Posted by Kunmi101 View Post
    Hi peeps,

I was called 8am yesterday and invited for the financial markets interview @ 11am on Wednesday. I asked the lady who called and she confirmed that it was an assessment centre. Wish me luck.

Regards

Kunmi
    Things are really looking good. My predictions are almost coming to pass. Congrats on being invited, and don't forget to come share your full experience here for posterity.

Igh

Hey peeps,

I definitely wont forget to come back and share my experience. Also @ Charlybobo I spoke to one of their grads who got the job, she said we shld familiarise ourselves with the group report from last yr u can download that on their website . You will be asked specific questions on it and asked to make a presentation.

Goodluck.

Kunmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kunmi101 View Post
    Hey peeps,

I definitely wont forget to come back and share my experience. Also @ Charlybobo I spoke to one of their grads who got the job, she said we shld familiarise ourselves with the group report from last yr u can download that on their website . You will be asked specific questions on it and asked to make a presentation.

Goodluck.

Kunmi
    was also called for the same assessment, gudluck to us all. hope to meet u there.

@ Cat96...Congrats...wat role ar you interviewing ?...time?...cheers

Thursday, 11am @ head office. Do u have a clue as to what the presentation questions wud b like?

Interview people,

Permit me to use this opportunity to wish all of you a very stimulating and successful interviews tomorrow at SCB, VI. Although experience has very well taught me that there is no one particular hard and rule for acing competitive job interviews, one of the keys to a decently successful interview is to relax, do your best but never act needy. For some strange reasons, which I still cannot fathom till date even after having gotten invites from some of the world’s best companies, neediness distances applicants from potential employers. This is one of reasons why you might have noticed that people getting top jobs are the people already working for decent companies. These people are anything but needy, and employers know this fact and respect this fact.

So, I urge you all to take a clue from such people, and use this clue to your advantage. This is not to say that you should demonstrate pride. No! Pride kills. Instead, it is for you to show your interviewers what you have got and force them to think that they are doing their company a huge disfavor if they by mistake do not employ you. This is my point.

We shall begin to hear positive news soon, and that will culminate this thread which I started more than 7 months ago. It has really been a long and circuitous wait, which some of you would rather term elliptical or sinusoidal or cosinusoidal or tangentnusoidal whilst some of you might call it open ended, or infinitum or boundlessness. At the end of the day sha, the time has finally come. It is before our very eyes.

I am deliriously jocund and gigantically fulfilled that, in one little way or the other, I am privileged to be associated with your breakthroughs which are about to be made and your testimonies which are about to be told. May Baba follow all of you there tomorrow and may we hear some nice news soon. I very much know that job search business is not a small business. Anybody who thinks otherwise should engage me in a debate and I will show the person many first class graduates, with overseas masters and professional qualifications, who are still roaming the streets of Lagos, London, New York and Paris.
    There is no gainsaying the glaring fact that you guys, SCB hopefuls, have indeed gone afar.

I wish you all ALL DA BEST!

Sincerely,
    Igh.
    cat96 likes this.

indeed i am forced to comment. IGHOEVE, ur word have some weight behind and will affect people positively. I am impressed, NICE LINES OF ADVICE.
    ***LIMITLESS***que sera sera

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    Interview people,

Permit me to use this opportunity to wish all of you a very stimulating and successful interviews tomorrow at SCB, VI. Although experience has very well taught me that there is no one particular hard and rule for acing competitive job interviews, one of the keys to a decently successful interview is to relax, do your best but never act needy. For some strange reasons, which I still cannot fathom till date even after having gotten invites from some of the world’s best companies, neediness distances applicants from potential employers. This is one of reasons why you might have noticed that people getting top jobs are the people already working for decent companies. These people are anything but needy, and employers know this fact and respect this fact.

So, I urge you all to take a clue from such people, and use this clue to your advantage. This is not to say that you should demonstrate pride. No! Pride kills. Instead, it is for you to show your interviewers what you have got and force them to think that they are doing their company a huge disfavor if they by mistake do not employ you. This is my point.

We shall begin to hear positive news soon, and that will culminate this thread which I started more than 7 months ago. It has really been a long and circuitous wait, which some of you would rather term elliptical or sinusoidal or cosinusoidal or tangentnusoidal whilst some of you might call it open ended, or infinitum or boundlessness. At the end of the day sha, the time has finally come. It is before our very eyes.

I am deliriously jocund and gigantically fulfilled that, in one little way or the other, I am privileged to be associated with your breakthroughs which are about to be made and your testimonies which are about to be told. May Baba follow all of you there tomorrow and may we hear some nice news soon. I very much know that job search business is not a small business. Anybody who thinks otherwise should engage me in a debate and I will show the person many first class graduates, with overseas masters and professional qualifications, who are still roaming the streets of Lagos, London, New York and Paris.
    There is no gainsaying the glaring fact that you guys, SCB hopefuls, have indeed gone afar.

I wish you all ALL DA BEST!

Sincerely,
    Igh.

It is people like you that make me proud to be a Nigerian and make me believe that there are some people out there who are selfless and dedicated to helping others. I also would like to wish the candidates scheduled for tomorrow's assessment all the best and God speed. Be confident, not cocky. Show enthusiasm and avoid desperation. Remember, those behind the desk asking you questions are just like you. They have flaws too. It is now left for you to use those flaws to your advantage. Once again, all the best

Pa

@ighoeve ......you are doing a good job here....thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ochers View Post
    @ighoeve ......you are doing a good job here....thumbs up

indeed i am forced to comment. IGHOEVE, ur word have some weight behind and will affect people positively. I am impressed, NICE LINES OF ADVICE.

t is people like you that make me proud to be a Nigerian and make me believe that there are some people out there who are selfless and dedicated to helping others. I also would like to wish the candidates scheduled for tomorrow's assessment all the best and God speed. Be confident, not cocky. Show enthusiasm and avoid desperation. Remember, those behind the desk asking you questions are just like you. They have flaws too. It is now left for you to use those flaws to your advantage. Once again, all the best

Pa
    Thanks people.

@SCB hopefuls, as you might have guessed, we are anxiously waiting to read from you guys. In fact, we have been waiting since yesterday.

We expect to hear something soonest.

Igh

Hello Folks,

This is my first post on here, I discovered this blog about a week ago when I got an invite for TB AC.

I would not be disclosing the juiciest bits of the day simply because I feel its unhelpful to you. Going through the day, not fully knowing what to expect, having to respond to what is thrown at you would give you an exhilarating feeling when you're done. A feeling of I came, I saw , I conquered (or not) and it would be great for personal development as well. Who wants to get a job anyway and still harbour some doubt as to whether they fully deserve the job? whether they got it solely on their own merit? Right, enough of my life coaching session.

Structure of the day - 30mins - Read a brief (very brief) case study about the bank and make recommendations for service improvement.
    45mins - Review half year statement of the Bank and answer 3 questions about the Bank's performance and future as well as implication for the Business you applied to.
    20mins - Team meeting on the first activity.
    30mins - 45mins - Presentation on the second activity, immediately followed by Q&A and for some, immediately followed by interview.

All you need to go through is composure and common sense, unfortunately for me, I dont think I showed enough of both. Fingers crossed.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jogon12 View Post
    Hello Folks,

This is my first post on here, I discovered this blog about a week ago when I got an invite for TB AC.

I would not be disclosing the juiciest bits of the day simply because I feel its unhelpful to you. Going through the day, not fully knowing what to expect, having to respond to what is thrown at you would give you an exhilarating feeling when you're done. A feeling of I came, I saw , I conquered (or not) and it would be great for personal development as well. Who wants to get a job anyway and still harbour some doubt as to whether they fully deserve the job? whether they got it solely on their own merit? Right, enough of my life coaching session.

Structure of the day - 30mins - Read a brief (very brief) case study about the bank and make recommendations for service improvement.
    45mins - Review half year statement of the Bank and answer 3 questions about the Bank's performance and future as well as implication for the Business you applied to.
    30mins - 45mins - Presentation on the second activity, immediately followed by Q&A and for some, immediately followed by interview.

All you need to go through is composure and common sense, unfortunately for me, I dont think I showed enough of both. Fingers crossed.

Good luck.
    Nice one.

Are you the judge? Let's wait and see.

Nonetheless, it is very healthy to critic your own work. It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jogon12 View Post
    Hello Folks,

Good luck.
    And as far as the highlighted is concerned, people will always be luckier than other better and more outstanding candidates during interviews and assessment centres. I have seen this, and I have experienced this. The fact that a person gets a job or gets an advantage over others, does not necessarily mean that person is more qualified or more exceptional than the others. There will always be an iota of doubt because of this.

I commend you though. At least nobody expected a newbie like you to come post your experience the way you did.

igh

+ Reply
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast