+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

@sergea, abeg I have PMed you my email address.

About my phone interview, it was nothing different from what has been posted here. I was asked about my past experience of leadership and how I was able to tackle the challenges I faced. To those yet to do their phone interview, do your best to be polite and take your time to answer the questions you're asked. If you cannot answer a question at the time you're asked, you can ask to answer the question at a later time during the interview.

All the best to all.
    pingu

Just got an email stating my first assessment was successful. My first accessment started like 5 minutes late. The guy on the phone sounded like an Indian man (kinda had this Asian accent). He first introduced himself, and talked about the program a bit and confirmed my details. Then he went ahead and asked me to tell him about myself. He asked me to state scenarios where I participated in a multi-cultural environment. Then he asked me to tell him when I help a team member resolve/overcome a challenge. He went ahead to fins out what I knew about Standard Chartered Bank. It's not really in this order. This is just how I remembered them. The interview lasted for like an hour and then the phone cut. After like 3 mins, he called back again. He told me that their system was set up to disconnect after every hour. He then went ahead to ask me if I had any questions. Telephone interviews are new to me, and I was distracted tyring to imagine if he was happy,or bored with my responses. Honestly, I really prefer face to face interviews where you can get an immediate feedback from facial expressions and body language. I am now cooling my hindlegs waiting to be called for the next stage.

Can anyone please tell me what the next stage usually is?

Quote Originally Posted by thebaft View Post
    Just got an email stating my first assessment was successful. My first accessment started like 5 minutes late. The guy on the phone sounded like an Indian man (kinda had this Asian accent). He first introduced himself, and talked about the program a bit and confirmed my details. Then he went ahead and asked me to tell him about myself. He asked me to state scenarios where I participated in a multi-cultural environment. Then he asked me to tell him when I help a team member resolve/overcome a challenge. He went ahead to fins out what I knew about Standard Chartered Bank. It's not really in this order. This is just how I remembered them. The interview lasted for like an hour and then the phone cut. After like 3 mins, he called back again. He told me that their system was set up to disconnect after every hour. He then went ahead to ask me if I had any questions. Telephone interviews are new to me, and I was distracted tyring to imagine if he was happy,or bored with my responses. Honestly, I really prefer face to face interviews where you can get an immediate feedback from facial expressions and body language. I am now cooling my hindlegs waiting to be called for the next stage.

Can anyone please tell me what the next stage usually is?
    hi, telephone interviews can really be annoying because he can never guess the opinion your interviewer have of you. you may thing the interviewer is enjoying your flows when in the actual sense he is waiting for you to just do waka komot. This may not be the case in a typical face to face interview. So, your observation is on point-

Yeah, the next stage is the assessment centre. I think a forum member had already done his. Please read through the previous pages to confirm this.

@Sergea I concur. However you will agree with me that going through the thread, the experiences posted are similar to what everyone that has gotten to the last stage experienced. So for a newbie like me all I can say is that the post about each stage is similar to my own experience. I never knew about this thread, I stumble onto it when i was doing research about SC. The posts are highly informative and has given a lot of us good understanding of what is required in a selection process such as SC. All the best. Cheers bro...

Hello people, just had my phone interview, I was asked similar questions I saw on this thread,
    What was your undergrad degree
    what is your postgraduate degree
    example of working with diverse people
    example of a project I've undertaken
    example of helping a colleague through crisis
    if i have any questions for them
    what would make me pick the job
    I was nervous as hell but God dey, won't ask about the final assessment yet though (I dey fear, lol)
    Thank you very much guys, you guys really helped prepare me for this interview
    God go make una bigger ooo and especially @ighoeve, God will surely reward you for your efforts

@ ighoeve ... "you may think the interviewer is enjoying your flows when in the actual sense he is waiting for you to just do waka komot" .... ROFLOL!!! You are really cracking me up ...

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    hi, telephone interviews can really be annoying because he can never guess the opinion your interviewer have of you. you may thing the interviewer is enjoying your flows when in the actual sense he is waiting for you to just do waka komot. This may not be the case in a typical face to face interview. So, your observation is on point-

Yeah, the next stage is the assessment centre. I think a forum member had already done his. Please read through the previous pages to confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebaft View Post
    @ ighoeve ... "you may think the interviewer is enjoying your flows when in the actual sense he is waiting for you to just do waka komot" .... ROFLOL!!! You are really cracking me up ...
    yeah...to ease you to success!

hi, after i completed the roles strength assessment test i have not been contacted and i keep checkin the communication centre in which i see the same message evreryday saying 'you will be sent an email shortly to confirm whether we would like to invite you for the next stage'. I applied for consumer banking doh

Quote Originally Posted by wumey View Post
    hi, after i completed the roles strength assessment test i have not been contacted and i keep checkin the communication centre in which i see the same message evreryday saying 'you will be sent an email shortly to confirm whether we would like to invite you for the next stage'. I applied for consumer banking doh
    I hope you will be called soon. Moving forward, always try to apply for an opportunity on the exact day the opportunity becomes available. Many of those who applied on the 1st of September when the SCB applications opened have long been interviewed-

There is still hope.

How long does it take to be called for the final assessment? I have been notified that I was successful in the first assessment since last week wednesday. I hope naija's slots have not been fully filled sha; and if they are, I really hope sergea and others from this forum made it.
    AAsh likes this.
    pingu

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    I hope you will be called soon. Moving forward, always try to apply for an opportunity on the exact day the opportunity becomes available. Many of those who applied on the 1st of September when the SCB applications opened have long been interviewed-

There is still hope.
    I applied immediately and got the mail for my assessment,did the 1st 2nd and 3rd assessment,after the 3rd one I have not gotten any response til nw

Merry christmas to u'all. See u'all in d new year.

Hello people, just had my phone interview, the following were the questions I was asked
    What was your undergrad degree
    what is your postgraduate degree
    example of working with diverse people
    example of a project I've undertaken
    example of helping a colleague through crisis
    if i have any questions for them
    what would make me pick the job
    @Sergea kindly can u give us some hits of questions u were asked at the last stage.Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
    Yours truely
    chris

+ Reply
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast