Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

yep very clear

Igheove u too much

I saw this on another thread so guys be kiafull.....

.The phone interview is used to make sure that you are who you say you are. That is, I wouldn't advise on being creative during the Talent Assessment. I know that you may want to appear the very best candidate but unless you have a astonishing memory, chances are that during the first interview discrepancies will appear between the way you, talk, behave, answer questions, and the question content in itself that there is a high likelihood that you will be dropped.

Here are some few tips from our possible IGP mates but from diff country. Enjoy
    The call arrived 10 minutes later than scheduled. Experiences of other interviewees make me think SCB gives calls quite on time.

Disclaimer of Interview Rules|*ZG)c Q1`Z pU? _j
    No Chinese even at the very beginning of the interview. The interviewer will introduce him/her and the purpose of this call. He/She will also explain the rules in the interviewing process. No interpretation of the questions from them, in other words, they will not help you to define the concepts envolved in the quetions. They only offer to repeat the question if required.
    'Y(hHS`!@|y0D
    Questionsa7eJ"c@ M5?
    11 Questions from a question database which I estimated to include around 60+ questions based on other interviewees' postings.

My sessionDR*qQJsv
    No self-introduction
    1. Why SCB?rK9fe2AW%CD
    2. How do you define success?
    3. If you are new on a team, how do you contribute to the team?:M*k)Sx,j\Y
    4. How do you define your sucess in a IG program?1g*P6Y[%e#i/EY(~
    5. How to make change in a team?
    6. If you find some improvements for a team as a newbie, what would you do?
    7. Your three strengths? t^eu*| n%o*P
    8. What you bring to SCB as a freshman.Xx+i-CnM)f4L]Y
    9. What would you do in a new placement?3u"s t$uy9g
    +W&\n\]o7L
    I can't recall the rest two questions, but quite similar to those above, some of them even overlap one previous question.

Note: The interviewer will let you go, and you go. Don't feel stressed when you be the one talking and get no response back. They don't guide you through the questions, and don't interupt your talking. So basically you can talk as long as you feel like to. G~ }uNV;i
    tC6tV*Mb:S#M`
    Other EnquiresT"Gl4?C9dE}G
    1. Anything else you want us to know about you?^ dtO6W#t.{;v

I asked further schedule and interview locations. No clear-cut answer back from him. ]Be:v,DQ6l e
    The interviewer said this is the second last round interview, which means ONLY one last round panel interview to go? (Good news though I doub a bit);H;BeDRN'Y:X
    The interviewer assured me the recruiting would very possibly finish before Spring Festival.o"H+O/V L+V

Notes: At this stage, the atomosphere becomes better when the interviewer starts really conversing with you, not just questionning. You can make use of this time asking questions you really want answers to.

TipslRjB,I O:U
    Say that's all or that's it after you've finished one question. The interviewer don't get it if you just keep in silence.9c!y;YQ Y'g

Bits of my feel3~#Z[V%bC1}
    1. Don't know how the interviews will be used to assess you? Don't think it will be analyzed scientifically in detail. It's possible that the interviewer will give you a score during or right after the interview. Or other HR will be involved in the scoring process as well to counterbalance the individual biases. 8P.`%@E;Ox)pf

2. Overall the interviewing session feels like the IELTS speaking session. The system (interviewer here) will give you a question. And you are free to go ever afterwards. So prepare for this kind of freedom, it's bit tense when not a single response comes from the interviewer but you be composed.V
    This reminded me of the accent ugh eve mentioned
    Don't expect the interview speak awesome English...they speak fluent and clearly, but bit rigidly. May I say it's good for our self-confidence or bad since most of the cases we speak better English when others show their mastery of the language.
    Finally don't try this
    Rosa, I can't agree more. One more thing, I also asked why SCB doesn't allow applicant to upload their resumes in the application. That's when I interview him back, and he seemed surprised and gave me a answer totally off point. I could feel he was quite nervous even on this end of line. This made me quite relaxed and wanna laugh...

found this in glassdoor. my own interview na wednesday dis week will post the questions and answers here when i'm done
    Interviewed Jun 2011 (took 4+ weeks)

1. Online application: numerical & personality tests, looking for leadership, teamwork, flexibility, innovation, etc.

2. Three essays (max 250 words each): Opportunities & challenges faced by SCB? What energise you? Anything else you want to tell?

3. First interview with HR (phone, maybe because I'm abroad); 1 hr: all behavioral questions like tell abt a time when you lead a team, work with diverse ppl, face difficulty working in a team, innovate sth to solve a problem, when sth turn out not as you expected, etc. Why SCB IG? Why wholesale banking? Strengths & weaknesses?

4. Presentation to and interview with a senior HR & a senior mgt (via Skype); 1 hr: choose 1 out of 3 given presentation topics (i chose 'challenges' coz it's the same as the essay, cant remember the other 2 topics), have 45 mins to prepare the presentation (write on A4, not in powerpoint), make 15 mins presentation..then the 2 interviewers will interview about the presentation, interest in the program, education and even family background...and 'if you were to lauch a new product/service next year, what would you launch?'

5. Panel interview with 2 wholesale banking heads; 30 mins: Introduce yourself, talk abt master's degree..which course you like/dont like & why, your strengths & weaknesses, which role you think you can do best i.e. front/middle/back office

Sorry guys this came late. Have bn away for some time

My phone interview experience.

Call came in exactly 10.45am, interviewer had Asian accent and was very friendly and courteous. Introduced herself and askd the following questions
    - Tell me about your degree.
    - Do you have a postgraduate degree
    - What languages other than english do u speak.
    - Tell me about a time you faced a challenge, Actions you took and outcome.
    - Tell me about a time you had to plan an event, role played and outcome.
    - Tell me about a time you had to develop relationships with others from different background.
    - Tell me about the program.
    - If you given a chance to select from multiple job offers, what criterion would you consider.

The interview lasted for one hour.
    My advice is "NO" straight yes or no response. Be prepared to discuss in details particularly the competency based questions. Ensure you notify the interview @ the end of each response. Try not to be so fast as the interviewer takes notes and records the interview to be reviewed at a later time.

Got feedback already(one working day)on the success @ the assessment the mail reads;

Dear XXXX

We are pleased to inform you that you were successful in your recent assessment and you will now progress to the next stage of our selection process.

We will be contacting you via email in due course with details of the next steps.

For regular updates, please check the communication centre through your account on Standard Chartered Bank - Careers.

Regards

Resourcing Team
    Standard Chartered Bank

Dear all,

Some should please advise me on what to do. On Tuesday, I received a mail telling me that my application is still under further consideration. On Thursday, I received another mail inviting me for a first round assessment. The mail still went ahead and advised me to to Schedule my First Round Assessment. However, when I logged in and clicked on the link, I saw this message displayed ... Unfortunately there are currently no interview slots available. Please continue to check this page to see if any interview slots become available.

I have been checking the page everyday since then and no interview slots are available. Can someone please advise me on what next steps to take? Thank you all!

Go to the FAQ section n click on assessment then follow the steps

Thanks Kazal,

The FAQ suggested that I send a mail to [email protected] and I did just that. So I will await for their reponse. Did anyone else out there have this issue too?

I have the same challenge too and i have already sent an email to them

I just had my phone interview yesterday by 10:45 am. The call was spot on and the guy on the other end of the phone spoke pretty good english, his voice was clear (thank God for good network) and he had a tinge of Indian in his accent.
    He told me the interview would take between 45 minutes to an hour.
    Started by getting to know me, just to see if i was the actual person who applied for the IGP position, and this took about 30 min.
    then he proceeded to the competency based questions.
    Most of the questions were similar to that posted by Ighoeve and believe it or not by the time he was done, we had spent a gruesome 2hrs of consistent drilling. He went on and on about the current market situations, volatility, banking, restoring customer confidence, the down-slide in the credit system since the recession of 2008/2009, the road to recovery, and what i believe is a road map to recovery.
    HAAAAAAA!!! Me I be engineer o!!! dy/dx, integration, and moment of inertia no dey ascertain market conditions and volatility o.
    But all in all t'was good. even though I kept looking at my watch and wondering when the bloke would end the call.
    This was just my experience, I guess its differs with people.
    EON DIGEST likes this.
    everybody has a story to tell,<br />All we have to do is listen.<br />Cos if we do&#39;nt give an ear,<br />We&#39;ll never know what we&#39;re missing.

Quote Originally Posted by magano4life View Post
    I just had my phone interview yesterday by 10:45 am. The call was spot on and the guy on the other end of the phone spoke pretty good english, his voice was clear (thank God for good network) and he had a tinge of Indian in his accent.
    He told me the interview would take between 45 minutes to an hour.
    Started by getting to know me, just to see if i was the actual person who applied for the IGP position, and this took about 30 min.
    then he proceeded to the competency based questions.
    Most of the questions were similar to that posted by Ighoeve and believe it or not by the time he was done, we had spent a gruesome 2hrs of consistent drilling. He went on and on about the current market situations, volatility, banking, restoring customer confidence, the down-slide in the credit system since the recession of 2008/2009, the road to recovery, and what i believe is a road map to recovery.
    HAAAAAAA!!! Me I be engineer o!!! dy/dx, integration, and moment of inertia no dey ascertain market conditions and volatility o.
    But all in all t'was good. even though I kept looking at my watch and wondering when the bloke would end the call.
    This was just my experience, I guess its differs with people.
    congrats. good to also know that u found those questions helpful. please add the news ones u were asked to them.

please help, this is their response to my email about the unavailability of interview slots
    what should i do next cos i have already sent a mail to the said email address provided below and the still sent me this same email.

Dear Candidate,

If you have received an invitation for an interview, group debate or an assessment centre but, when you log into the application centre there is no time or date available to book your assessment, please follow the instructions below.

First of all, please make sure that when you log into the application centre your status is ?Invite to first assessment?, ?Invite to second assessment?, or relevant status. Please click on the left-hand navigation bar to book the assessment. If there is no time and date to book your assessment, or it reads ?There are currently no interview slots available?, you should directly inform the Resourcing Manager who invited you to the assessment. You should find their email address in the correspondence which has been sent to you in the application centre (the application centre is where you applied originally). If you do not have the Resourcing Manager?s contact details, email [email protected] and explain the issue you are facing. Please give as much relevant information as you can as this will enable us to deal with your query quickly and effectively. Make sure you fully identify yourself by supplying us with your full name as well as the programme and country that you have applied to. We will then forward your email to the relevant Resourcing Manager, who will contact you in due course.

Kind Regards,
    Resourcing Team
    Standard Chartered
    Please Note: This message was automatically generated, please do not respond to this email.
    When responding to this email, please perform a reply with history so that the following conversational identifier "[THREAD_ID:1219979]" is included in your response.

+ Reply
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast